“Horrible, they discriminate.”

Price range: US$5 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went to the restaurant, they didn't let me in because I didn't have DE "right outfit" to eat there. Me and my girlfriend are doctors,it was really hard to take time for vacations in this moment, we just wanted to go to a nice restaurant, so we searched and we walked a lot to get there. They were really rude. Anyway, we found a lot of other hood restaurants that didn't discriminate by the way you look.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,639)

Reviewed 14 December 2020 via mobile

The most classic old school restaurant in Cartagena lost its beloved gerente Gregorio this year. A tragic story but the place lives on. The most gorgeous guests and the food is spectacular as before. They are a little weird about answering the phones and making a reservation so try the email restaurante.lavitrola@decameron.com and see if that can get you in. As always say “Dory from LA sent you” as it seems to get most people in at the door. Or so I’ve been told.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 14 March 2020 via mobile

This restaurant is a must when visiting Cartegena. Located in a charming historic building with an intimate feel, the staff will make you feel like family. The ceviche and tuna carpaccio appetizers were outstanding. My husband and I both had fresh catch which was sea bass each with a different delicious sauce paired with a very reasonable but excellent bottle of wine. Very gourmet meal but reasonable prices by US standards!

2  Thank AnneNoyes
Reviewed 13 March 2020 via mobile

The restaurant was booked by our guide so I thought it would be touristy. It was full on a Wednesday night but with a real mix of locals and tourists. With its dress code everyone looked smart which worked well with the sophisticated environment. The restaurant only opened at 7pm and there were a few people waiting outside. All seemed to have reservations. We were quickly seated and the service was great for our whole meal. It's a large menu with a good variety of seafood. We did not have the lobster but the people on the next table did and it tooled lovely. They definitely enjoyed it. We has a tuna carpaccio and octopus carpaccio to start with. Both were beautifully presented and delicious. For mains my husband had a white fish in onions and herbs served with fresh vegetables. I had a hot entree of empanadas with prawns and ginger. Again well presented and tasty. We had cocktails and beer with the food. Overall a very elegant setting with very beautifully prepared food. A nice place for a good meal.

2  Thank LCNM19
Reviewed 10 March 2020

You get a whole exquisite fine dining and live music experience. I loved it!! My boyfriend and I went and had two different grouper meals, octopus (pulpo ceviche ) the entire experience is amazing and it’s no wonder its the hottest restaurant in the city of Cartagena