All reviews xinghai square great hotel business trip nearby beach bbq restaurant sun rising amusement park bay bridge any requests walk in closet modern facilities local breakfast sea view room stayed for one night top floor business or pleasure restaurant staff
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel has the best location for the seaside activities and the city center. Nothing compares.

The service and food is of the highest standards of Grand Hyatt. Staff is available everywhere and most speak English or get an English speaking staff member to assist you.

The Executive club lounge is excellent- great customer service, good food & plenty of variety, nice selection of alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages. Wonderful views of the seaside and the square. You can watch the fountain show from the lounge.

Clean rooms. We stayed in 2110 - a suit with the best seaside views ever! Floor to ceiling views, on a curved corner so you can see left, Center & right all up the coast with views of lighted bridges- so outstanding we never wanted to close the curtains.

We would return in a heartbeat

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
DALGH, 企业 at Grand Hyatt Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Distinguished guest,

We would be very delighted to have you with us again soon!

In the meantime, if there is anything we can do to assist with; please do not hesitate to let me know.

Have a nice day!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

The location of Grand Hyatt allows you to have a sea view, close to Xinghai Square, and the beach. Staff and service are very nice, professional and friendly. I just didn't like the menu of lunch there (open buffet), I do not care that much about food though. I recommend staying there if you visiting Dalian, you will love everything there.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Distinguished guest,

We would be very delighted to have you with us again soon!

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Surprising pleasant. This is a new, spacious and well appointed, westerner friendly hotel. Compared to many of the high-end names in Beijing or Shanghai, the service here was noticeably better and friendlier. The location is great, the views are good too and the pool and gym are relatively well appointed. The main brasserie restaurant has plenty of spacious and a great selection of flavours. You may hear some noise (music) from the main pedestrian promenade at night, so request a high room perhaps. Failing that, head to the top floor bar at night for ‘debriefing and cocktails’ after a busy day out.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
DALGH, 企业 at Grand Hyatt Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Distinguished guest,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Dalian and thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay at our property and that our staff made you feel welcome and at home. Please be assured that I will happily share your feedback with my entire team. We would be very delighted to have you with us again soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2018

Fantastic location, Gorgeous view of the sea from the rooms and of Xinghai Square from the lift area, Grand Hyatt Dalian was comfortable and superb value for money. The restaurants should be open longer, allowing hotel guests to imbibe the experience, particularly the bar/coffee shop just behind the reception, with it's amazing view of the sea!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
DALGH, 企业 at Grand Hyatt Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Distinguished Guest,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Dalian and thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay at our property and that our staff made you feel welcome and at home. Please be assured that I will happily share your feedback with my entire team .We would be very delighted to have you with us again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Location
On arriving at Dalian North Railway station, a young lady advised us to take the metro to Xinghai Square as it was the rush hour. From there we ended up walking to the hotel as we did not have the Chinese name of hotel and taxi drivers claimed that they did not know the hotel. It is less than 10 mins walk from metro station. In the morning I took a walk along Binhai Road boardwalk (starting point is opposite Castle Hotel) up to 1800 m where there are lovely views of the start of double storey Binhai Bay bridge and lovely spot with lots of lavender and yellow flowers (scenic spot not to be missed). With the easy access of the metro station, we went for a delicious and cheap local breakfast on the sixth floor of Carrefour at Xian Road metro station. A kind local lady brought us up the maze of shops to the food court. We booked the room directly with the hotel without breakfast at a senior citizen price for anyone above 62 years old. It costs about RMB 1200 per night.

Room
Our room 1908 has a fantastic view of beach and the iconic Bridge. The toilet ( from Japan) is automatic. Bedding is luxurious and this is the only place we could access our whatsapp during our week trip in Harbin, Dandong and Dalian. We also have a lovely view of the enormous Xinghai square when we exited the lift on the 19th floor.

I am glad that I am not disappointed with the service provided. Austin was helpful and attentive to our needs. Kary entertained me with my queries about places to visit. Another staff helped us negotiate for a taxi driver to tour Binhai Road as far as Banchuidao at RMB 50 an hour.

I would highly recommend a stay here as it is comfortable and transport is easily accessible.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family