See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2016

My wife and I stayed with 2 friends in a three room suite in a villa with a good view of the lake July 27-29, 2016. We were there for a meeting and it was very hot weather. The suite was very nice and the house keeping staff were excellent. One of the staff was a young lady with excellent spoken and written English. A shuttle would come and take us to the main building for meals and meetings. In the morning my wife and I walked down the path to the main building. The food was excellent and the general service int he hotel was very good.

Room tip: Villa rooms with a lake view are excellent.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2015

This hotel is located in a scenic area on the outskirt of Suzhou, so many rooms have a nice view. The rooms are clean and spacious, each with its own router for Wi-Fi access. The facilities are very nice. There is a lot of staff in the lobby waiting to serve you, and the bar has room for a large group to gather. The breakfast buffet offers a large variety of dishes to choose from. Someone else made the reservation for me, but I was surprised at how reasonable the price was when I paid for my room – perhaps I’m more used to the prices in the first-tier cities of China.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 December 2014

I stayed here only for one night while on business but the views from the room are stunning the sun rise in the morning is amazing. I could of sat and watched the fisherman all day.

The food at the hotel is good but not what I would say excellent it was just ok. The breakfast was very good with a huge range to cater for all people.

The service was very good and the staff went out of their way to communicate with me as I speak no mandarin.

A nice hotel with lovely gardens well worth a visit.

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 191Bryan
Reviewed 2 November 2014

I spent two days at the hotel and was impressed with its natural beauty and location. Since I was with an infant, they courteously provided me with a cot in the room. All amenities were functional and up to the mark for an international traveler. The room was spacious and offered a stunning view of the Taihu Lake and a Carp pond.

With a team of helpful staff, some of whom spoke fluent English, we had absolutely no reasons to complain.

The other special mention I would like to make is of the quality of sleep. I can't recall sleeping so soundly in a long time. It definitely had something to do with the kind of mattress.

The one challenge that we did face was getting enough vegetarian options or Western cuisine. While the expectations were realistic, what could have been done is to extend some additional benefits such as making curd / yogurt available for all meals, and so on. If you can discount the food (carry some that is of your liking), you can have a restful, energizing stay, amid the verdant greenery and the soothing lake water.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed one night. Very nice resort hotel. Beautiful gardens nearby. Excellent breakfast buffet, lunch and dinner. Very friendely staff. Polite and helpful.Very nice rooms. Good amenties.We walked around teh hotel garden and the lake front. Excellent. Good swimming pool area.

Room tip: Rooms facing the lake have fantastic view.
Date of stay: August 2014