All reviews lake view jinji lake riva restaurant indian chef great hotel steak restaurant business trip pudong airport business traveler breakfast buffet shopping mall fitness center pleasant stay spacious room china lounge caramba
Reviewed 31 July 2016

Everything about this hotel clicks, just like the city of Suzhou. As an IHG member, the front desk really made me feel at home, upgraded me to a lake view room, and two complimentary drinks at the lobby bar. They also let me had late checkout time 3pm. The staff at the reception and the concierge were very friendly and professional. They were patient even when the weather was 38 degrees C (over 100 degrees F) I have always enjoyed InterContinental Hotels. I think I am getting good value for the money. In New York, I stayed at the Times Square InterCon a few times because of the location and I could always get a spacious room. Here in Suzhou, I must say the room was spacious and the view was spectacular, with a panoramic view of the Jinji lake. Since my room faced west, I was able to take some really nice photos around sunset. However, the furnishing did show signs of age, but I reckon that the hotel may be due for renovations soon. The breakfast was truly grand, one of the biggest buffet breakfast ever. The best buffet breakfast I had was at the Mandarin Oriental in Singapore. But this has got to be the runner up. They had all types of food, Chinese, Japanese, Western, and even real ham and sausages were served. The other setback was the orange juice. It was a bit waterdown and not of good quality. Also, the danish pastries were a bit disappointing. But quantity won over quality. The swimming pool was huge but not heated so it was uncomfortable. But there was a nice Jacuzzi next to it, except you found little children using it as a kids swimming pool. Overall, I enjoyed my stay very much.

Room Tip: The lake view room on high floor...facing west...beautiful sunset.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
icsuzhou, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Dear InterContinental Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post your positive feedback regarding your recent experience at InterContinental Suzhou. We are very glad to know that our staffs at reception and concierge made your visit enjoyable. It’s our great honor to have your compliments on that. However, we can see from your comments that water temperature of swimming pool was below your expectation that brought our attention. We are sorry about uncomfortable feeling when you were swimming. We will enhance the frequency of water temperature control, consolidate all the guest temperature preference and try our best to make it balance. Regarding the orange juice and Danish pastries, our chef will take food quality very seriously and pay close attention to improving in the areas of breakfast.

Thank you again for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Suzhou in the near future!

Reviewed 29 July 2016

The staff from start to finish has been amazing. They are down to earth you don't feel pressure just a feeling of relaxation. Approachable and profession it put a human feel to my experience here. Extraordinary, passionate, outstanding are all words that I would give the people here also :)

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
icsuzhou, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Dear InterContinental Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay at InterContinental Suzhou. We are very glad to know that our staffs and service made your visit enjoyable. We strive to achieve excellence at every level and to learn that our professionalism and attention to detail did not go unnoticed, is the best reward.

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

The hotel is just great. There is nothing wrong honestly. Maybe the gym but that is something i always complain at. Good location. Ktv nearby. Superb breakfast. Big rooms. I had some problems with card payments but i think it was rather temporary.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 July 2016

Our company have a subsidiary in Suzhou and the Intercontinental Hotel is my favorite Hotel when I’m visiting China. The breakfast is one of the best which I have seen so far, and I can judge it, was already on so much places over the world. The rooms are already big and well sorted, but as regular guest I sometimes got an upgrade to a suite which is really great and luxury. Also the room and laundry service can be recommended as well as the Bar with live music in the basement or the sky-bar on the top of the building.

I already looking forward to stay in this Hotel again.

Room Tip: try to get a room with lake-view
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
icsuzhou, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Dear InterContinental Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post your positive feedback regarding your recent experience at InterContinental Suzhou. We are very glad to know that our hotel made your visit enjoyable. It’s our great honor to have your compliments on our hotel. Feedback such as yours is the biggest recognition to us all. We will continue to strive to achieve excellence at every level in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Have stayed many times but this is not as good as it was. IHG ambassador members were always treated very well but it's obvious that the hotel is cutting costs back.
IHG ambassadors now treated quiet poorly.
They think upgrades are Rooms from one side hotel to the lake view rooms.lounge access restricted even though I've been loyal and stayed over 20 times before.
CP down the road is better.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
icsuzhou, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2016

Dear InterContinental Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay at InterContinental Suzhou. We’re really sorry about your unpleasant experience and have already shared it with our management team. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience. As an InterContinental hotel which manage by IHG Group, we need to comply with the company's benefits to the members. Should you have more further inquires, we are more than happy to help you dial our Service Center at 400 886 2255. We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to rebuild your confidence in our hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Suzhou in the near future