Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
JeffPorg
Oahu, Hawaii

Good value, nice pool and proximity to beach

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Jan 2014
Read other reviews and was skeptical at first to book a room here, but worked out fine. I am American and wife is Chinese. If it wasn't for her (ability to speak Chinese) I think it would be difficult to stay and enjoy the island. The hotel tells you there are no taxis and you need to take their cars/drivers, but out the back street there are taxis and busses. The busses to town cost 2-5 RMB depending how far you go. The hotel tells you there are no taxis to the airport and their cars are 100RMB, but we went out back and took taxi to airport for 21RMB. We never ate at the restaurants in the hotel. Cost for breakfast at hotel is 95RMB per person. We took the buss to Haipo (10 minutes and 2RMB) and filled up in the local eateries for about 16RMB per person. The pool and beach are nice. The room is spacious and the sheets and towels clean every day, but don't look too close in the corners of the room or the grout in the shower walls. The mildew in the shower was way below American standards, but I would say in general, everything is dirtier in China (unfortunately). Well., they just have different standards and customs, so I don't want to knock that. They drive differently, eat differently, and clean differently. We are all different, and I accept that. There is little to no English spoken pretty much everywhere we went. There were maybe a dozen "foreigners" around the hotel, I think all from the former Soviet Union. Our room was overlooking the airport/mpuntains. Had a nice balcony, but it wasn't truely private...easy for the next door neighbor to step over to our balcony. There was a safe in the room, but it wasn't bolted down. We got the cheapest room (about $55 USD per night) and had 2 beds which were larger than an American twin bed, but smaller than a double bed. Never saw a bed that size. Wife and I slept on one bed together, which was very cozy, but it worked. I would do it again in a heartbeat and have great memories of staying and enjoying Sanya.
Date of stay: January 2014
Room Tip: Not sure any of the rooms have a beach view. Maybe can see some of the ocean from higher floors,...
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
  • Tripadvisor
    $265
24.7 km from Tianfuyuan Resort
View more hotels in Sanya
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stayed in this hotel from 30 June to 9 July 2012. We booked into this hotel for 2 double rooms. Cost for 9 nights the two rooms was – 5 364 Yuan. In the room rate does not include resort fee - 11 Yuan per person per day. The total price for the two rooms was 5566 Yuan.
Hotel Tian Fu Yuan is a large, but not new, with well-groomed territory, excellent pool, and good beach.
Our room’s class "sea view" is located on the third floor of the central building. The rooms are spacious, with large balcony. In the room there is a standard set of furniture, safe, TV, fridge. The furniture is not new, but it is quite normal. The floor is tiled. Bathroom and toilet are large. Hot water in the shower was every day. In the bathroom every day maids service put to replace used or opened new: soap, disposable toothbrushes with a tube of toothpaste, combs. Interesting: in the wall between the room and the bathroom was large window with translucent glass and closed the curtains. Cleaning of the room is done every day. The chambermaids can come for cleaning at seven o'clock in the morning. Drinking water was put every day for two half liter bottles in the room.
Wired Internet in the rooms is free of charge. Internet speed is low. In the hotel lobby free Wi-Fi, its speed is higher.
Breakfast included in the room price. The hotel offers two types of breakfast: european and chinese. Restaurant for a european breakfast is located in the lobby of the hotel. Chinese breakfast is served on the ground floor. European breakfast is buffet Breakfast and quite diverse and includes a lot of different dishes: fried eggs, salads, cereals, side dishes, pastries, fruits and many more. Drinks: tea, coffee, juices.
The territory of the hotel is large and well-groomed. The most part of the territory occupies the swimming pool. The water in the pool is very warm. In addition to the main pool there are three more small pools. Two pools with hot water, and in the third you can swim with live fish. For bathing in the pool with fish need to pay. For half an hour you need to pay 38 Yuan.
In the daytime around the pools there are few people, because everybody on the beach. In the evening, when become dark, guests spend time around the pool. At this time there are a lot of people. Swimming pools are working very long each day.
The hotel has its own well-equipped beach. For that to get to the beach, you need to cross a small road between the hotel and beach area. Vehicular traffic is not intensive. Beach umbrellas and sun beds are free. Umbrellas and sun beds are not many, but enough for all visitors. The beach is sandy and quite clean. The sea is warm, but is not transparent, quiet. The bottom is sandy without stones. In the morning the water level is good, but in the evening it decreases and to buoys can be reached on foot - water on the knee.
Small crabs live in the sand of the beach. You can see how it takes out the sand out of their holes.
Every day, on the beach come sellers of souvenirs, fruits and pearls.
On the territory of the beach there is a small bar. In the bar you can order light snacks and drink beer. In the evening in the bar you can have dinner. The bar staff put the tables on the beach and prepare barbeque seafood.
On the beach you can ride a water scooters and quadrocycles. On the beach there is a place, where do massage.
When we lived in this hotel, the contingent of visitors consisted of only the Chinese and Russians.
The hotel staff at the reception not speak neither Russian nor in English, and is not even trying. But among the employees of the hotel, there is the staff, the excellent understanding, and speaking in Russian and in English languages.
Currency exchange is located on the first floor at the reception. Currency can be exchanged only from 16-00 till 22-00. The day can be exchanged no more than 100$.
Hotel Tian Fu Yuan is located at Sanya Bay away from the centre of Sanya, and very close to the airport. If to be more exact, it is on the contrary airport. The windows of our rooms were with the sea view and the noise from the airport couldn't be heard.
The place in which the hotel is located is calm, quiet. The infrastructure in the vicinity of the hotel, no. For shopping you need to go to the center of Sanya. In the evening, on the road between the hotel and the beach come sellers of clothes, beach accessories, fruits and different things.
Near the hotel there is a restaurant of russian cuisine "Harbin" and a small supermarket. For that, to get there, you need to get out on the road between the hotel and the beach, and go to the right five minutes. Other restaurants are placed far away from the hotel. To them you can free ride on the small buses, on which is written the name of the restaurant. Many restaurants are taken its visitors back to their hotels is free of charge.
From the hotel it is very easy to get to the Nan Shan the Center of the Buddhism and to the center of Sanya. From the hotel to the Park can be reached in a taxi or the bus number 26 (on the sides of the bus is painted elephant).
To the center of the Sanya you can go by bus №26 or №25. Bus stop near the hotel is absent Buses stop in any place where you stopped it. In the first half of the day the buses go well, but in the second half of the day they go rarely.
In general, the hotel Tian Fu Yuan we liked. This hotel is perfectly suited for a relaxing vacation near the sea. Good quality-price ratio.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank kseyru
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Stayed there for 4 nights during my business trip. Good hotel. Has good swimming pool. Close to the beach. Changed my towels and sheets everyday. I stayed on 2nd floor, so there wasn't much view except some trees. But if you stay at higher levels you'll see the sea. Shower holder in my room (C201) was broken but it didn't bother me much.
Location is okay, it cost us like 50 yuans from Dandonghai city center to get there.
Hot mineral pools are small.
Beach is okay. In the evening it'll be occupied by Chinese and during daytime by Russians! Had great time drinking beers and eating BBQ there one night.
They've got wifi in the lobby. Broadband internet in the room was somehow annoying because it'll just lose any connection sometimes. Breakfast is average (not much choice) but not bad. Staff wasn't really speaking English, but that's okay as long as you don't need their service. LOL.

Room tip: Stay on 4th floor or higher if you want sea view. And learn Chinese if you want to communicate with their staff.
Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank MongolTraveler
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Comfortable room and spacious. Nice and quiet environment. It's about 15 mins from the city centre. The staff service was terrible. We asked about finding a place for dinner but they said most restaurants were closed at by then (7.30pm) so they recommended a seafood area for us to go to (with hotel provided driver who charged at a reasonable rate). When we had arrived, the restaurant owner would take down the taxi driver's number plate so we believed that the hotel got some kind of commission for bringing us there. The food was disguisting and very expensive. We ordered a jug of juice, 4 dishes with rice and it cost us RMB650. We couldn't eat half the food that was served to us.

We then asked the taxi driver to take us into town which was booming with energy and had a large range of restaurants!! Prices were much more reasonable and there was a large selection of restaurant choices.

It's a good place to stay as long as you get your own information and don't trust the staff's recommendation. Breakfast selection was excellent.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank krizchin
Reviewed 20 June 2012

1, Due to the promotion on a website, I booked a room with seaview. I arrived in the hotel on June 17 evening. After checking in, I went to the western restaurant for the dinner, which only cost me about RMB 40. However, the waiteress told me I could not sign the bill as I didn’t have any deposit. No way!!! I just checked in. I compained. She triple checked with the front desk and then told me it was OK.

2, The next morning, I was ready for breakfast. A waitresss told me I could not have western breakfast, better than the other option. I showed her my pass with a chop. She still followed me and said I could not do it. Out of disappointment, I asked her to call the manager, who came over only to find out it was, ONCE AGAIN, their mistake.

3,On June 20, I checked out and wanted to go to the railway station. I asked for a taxi. But the doorman said there is no taxi. He asked me whether I would take a hotel car(in fact, it is a just a black car, not registered taxi. A private car.) with about RMB 50. I said no. He then pretended to call for a taxi and basically tell me there was no taxi. I gave up and started to walk to the street. A taxi was there immediately. And it only cost me RMB 28.

To sum up, the services in this hotel are among the worst in Sanya. Though I got a very cheap deal, the services were even cheaper. So, it is not worth a stay.

Room tip: Stay away from this hotel. There are plenty of choice out there.
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank David Z
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed here for a week. The resort has clearly seen it's best days, but fot his price band, it's quite good value for money. The room was OK otherwise but the bathroom was suffering of years without proper cleaning, and our AC didn't work properly. The breakfast buffet was poor (specifically for a vegetarian) and the staff don't really speak English. The barbecue at the beach bar was great, and the location is nice and quiet.

Date of stay: April 2012