Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
alexlee711
Hong Kong, China

Good location and Sea View

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 May 2016
The hotel is at the end of the Road so more quiet and their own beach is not crowded (that is good).
Very nice swimming pool though not all parts of the pool area were open.
The breakfast did not have many choice of foods and it will be nice if a better lobby lounge is available.
overall is still a nice Holiday Inn Resort
Date of stay: May 2016
Room Tip: Sea View room is nice but costs more
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms

• eDreams
    $135
25.7 km from Ocean View Resort Yalong Bay
View more hotels in Sanya
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 October 2015

The title says most of the review content already. ...
We traveled with kids and stayed about a week.

positive things: clean rooms, clean facility overall, basic standard very similar with the low level holiday inn express hotels, the food in the harbour club western restaurant is also quite Ok. The kids loved the pool area.

Negative things: nearly nobody can speak, understand or communicate in English, service is very very slow and therefor not acceptable, the pool water was tested for ph value during our stay but considering plenty of kids and adults cleaning their slippers in the pool I doubt the results, no showers at the pool area to clean body and feet, just two showers when you go back from the beach, beach is very small, very noisy area due to wild motor boating and scooter activity nearby, water cleanliness level seemed not perfect either due to lot of ships around that are not just emitting water to the sea as we all know here, nearly no service personnel at the pool area and we always had to go to the lobby bar to call somebody down, seems that the employees are 95% interns considering the service level

During the last days of our stay they improved a little but only after our heavy complaint.
Considering that the prices are high, even for simple rooms, the stay was nearly no value for money, so no reason to go back there. A simple three star hotel on any island in the Philippines or Malaysia is much better and more value for money.

If still somebody wants to go here, the hotel is right next to the underwater world in yong bay, the shopping center la floret, 5 mins by taxi or 15 mins walk, offers a lot of shopping possibilities however overpriced, and many restaurants. The whole location is far away from Sanya center and the airport.

Room tip: Don't choose ...
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
sanyabay, Public Relations Manager at Ocean View Resort Yalong Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2015

Dear andie6931,

Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Marketing Communications Manager

Reviewed 28 July 2015

The hotel has been built since my last two trips to Yalong Bay. Due to the price and itinerary, I did not have a chance to stay. Finally, I got a chance to stay in Holiday Inn in the third trip.

The hotel is an ordinary but nice one, with neither big surprise nor disappointment. The room I booked has no balcony, which is rare in Sanya. Due to the tropical climate here, there would be no carpets in the room, but there usually would be a balcony for hanging wet swimsuits. However, in order to save myself hundreds of RMB per night, considering breakfast included as well, I do think it is a budget deal.

The lobby is located on 2/F marked in the elevator. You could take the elevator directly down to the 1/F, where the swimming pools and the private beaches are located. The swimming pools are large and filled with clean warm water. The beaches belong to the hotel. People who do not stay in this hotel cannot enter the beach area. I had a very good time with my friends here, because of the clean sea water and the great waves.

When we checked in at the Reception, a smart bracelet is given to each one of us. The bracelet is also a room card with chips inside. This design is really an creative one because you can wear your "room card" to swim or do other water sports. You don't have to worry about its being lost or getting wet.

We had dinner in the Chinese restaurant. The food there was so yummy that I wish I could have two stomachs! If any staff from the hotel could see my comments here, please convey my praises to your chefs~ There is also poolside buffet on 1/F. The food smelled really good!

One point that I want to emphasized on is its breakfast. I encountered the same problem that I met in another 5-star hotel in Maoming City of Guangdong Province before. In my booking from Ctrip.com, it says "double breakfast" are included. I have to say, if "double breakfast" is one of the benefits or conditions in the booking, then the hotel just grants us "double breakfast", no matter one or two people will stay in a room. That's it.

I have two main reasons to say so: 1) Usually, the room rates vary considerably with breakfast excluded, single breakfast included, or double breakfast included. If I particularly choose "double breakfast" when booking a room, while in the end you just grant me "single breakfast", shall I need to ask the hotel to pay me back the price of another "single breakfast", right? 2) Sometimes when we are on our business trip, we may stay in a room alone. However, it is possible for us to have breakfast with a local client or friend together, for the time saving. Thus, "stay alone" should not equal to "single breakfast" (in the booking confirmation, it does say "double breakfast").

So I think the most convenient way for a hotel to solve this confusion is just to follow the conditions in the client's booking. It has no right to check or confirm whether the client will have breakfast or not, or how many sets of breakfast the client will have. This could avoid a lot of unnecessary misunderstandings or arguments.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Charron
Reviewed 31 May 2015

Had trouble finding someone who could communicate effectively in English.

Tried to talk with someone at the front desk about me staying in the room even though the person who has the room on her credit card is leaving. The person at the front desk assured us it wouldn't be a problem. The next morning, once my friend left at 6 in the morning, the maids were storming into the room and they made me come down and put a $100 deposit down to stay in the room for 4 more hours. Not the END OF THE WORLD just highly irritating after confirming this wouldn't happen the night before.

The rooms are okay. What you would expect from a Holiday Inn.

Pools are big and nice but are really warm (May 27-31, 2015). Feels like warm bathwater.

There's no swim-up bar... and a small beer is 32 RMB (normally 6 outside of the hotel).

Overall --- Rooms are nice. The sunbathing is nice. Wifi is good. Significantly over-priced for what you get. Not much in the area for restaurants or night life. If you can't speak Chinese, look elsewhere. I think this hotel is ideal for a family trip of Chinese tourists.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 356aaronm
Reviewed 12 April 2015

We arrived after a few days visiting Shanghai. Felt like coming home in a luxurious hotel, kids having fun from beginning to end. Super destination (yalong bay definitely the place to stay), nice hotel, nice beach, great breakfast and rooms, great for kids. The staff was helpful and a special thanks to the general manager who went the "extra mile" to please us. Many thanks , we are coming back ! Thomas, inge, ella, William, alexander

Room tip: love our seaview
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank thomasandinge
Reviewed 12 February 2015

Only hung out there for a day--easy half hour two RMB bus ride from Sanya on #15. Had pleasant lunch--great seafood pizza. Good friendly staff. Nice sandy beach. One of the best deals along Yalong Bay--but isolated. Many small pools and lots of kiddie pool toys.

Date of stay: February 2015