Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
srimanone
Joshua Tree, California

EXCELLENT HOTEL BY THE SEA

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Jan 2024via mobile
This elaborate hotel, very big lobby with not much there. Check in was good but be aware very little English is spoken here. They try very hard and that was appreciated. Rooms were very ice and large with balcony’s and excellent views. Try to get above the 4 th floor. Some rooms come with jacuzzi tub on balcony. Big kudos to mr Jed evening front desk person who speaks very good English and extremely helpful to me in a disruptive problem I had. Hotel is somewhat far from main town area but taxi are very cheap there. Breakfast at this hotel was difficult. Very spread out and no real direction we’re in place. One small coffee maker for 100’s of persons eating. Nobody speaks English there as well and tables are not set with any utensils. It would seem they need some supervision there to upgrade. I would stay again if in area.
Trip type: Travelled solo
    $498
37.2 km from Crowne Plaza Resort Sanya Bay, an IHG hotel
View more hotels in Sanya
5,967 results
All reviews privacy screen musty smell the ground floor tub china maintenance design
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 January 2024 via mobile

Not sure where to stay we chose our trusted IHG brand. We stayed at The Crown Plaza Resort and it would be the best holiday we have had in years!! It is a little old but it is clean, comfortable and has an olde world charm. The staff across the board are beyond wonderful and shows a great management team to support all to rise to excellence. The beach is across the road if you want a sea swim or a lovely stroll. The pools are great with guards at the ready to ensure safety for all. We thoroughly recommend tis resort and we will be back

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jooles r
Reviewed 6 January 2024 via mobile

Perfect for family trip. We booked a family room with SPA and ocean view. It has great view. The hotel provides lots of kids activities. We had loads of fun. Would recommend family with kids. The hotel is very close to the attractions too. Food was nice. 特别感谢盈盈耐心地陪孩子们DIY活动,孩子们很开心。

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2022

Based on earlier reviews, I almost cancelled our reservation at the Crowne Plaza, but I'm glad I didn't. It turned out to be a great stay.

Check in was very slow, but that was my experience at many hotels in China. For some reason, 15-20 minutes is the norm once you get to the counter. Not sure why. We had booked using IHG points at a very good rate because we came just before the peak summer season. As IHG platinum members we were upgraded to a high floor ocean view room. On the IHG app, it showed our room as having lounge access but the check-in agent specifically said we do not have breakfast included and that the lounge is closes. Oddly, a similar thing happened at the Intercontinental Sanya on this trip.

We were pleased to find out that when we went down to breakfast, our room was on the list in the VIP area which included breakfast. Yet in the lobby lounge for afternoon tea and happy hour, we were not on the list despite our reservation explicitly stating we have lounge access.

The breakfast buffet was good but not great, but definitely a step down from the Holiday Inn Sanya Resort from which we just came. Yet the HI was running a promotion for 80RMB per breakfast while CP was still charging 140RMB for a lesser product. If your breakfast isn't included, do yourself a favor and taxi over to the HI for breakfast- it's only 3km away.

Maintenance/management issues still plague the property. At least three of the large jacuzzi pools are empty "for repairs" but the debris and weeds growing inside make it clear repairs are not a priority here. Additionally, things such as child inner tubes are only available for a fee (20rmb per hour) while they were free at the Holiday Inn. There were bike surreys parked by the pool gate, but when we inquired about using them, we were told they were both broken. And they are only available for a fee.

There is a recreation center with ping pong, foosball, and a pool table. The fee is 50rmb per hour for the pool table, but staff kindly let us play for free once. I understand hotels have costs, but perhaps a per-stay fee would be better. Or then again, just provide it as a guest service rather than charging extra. One tip is just bring your own pool balls- you can buy them for less than 50 yuan on TaoBao and then you're set for your entire stay. The pool sticks and table are always accessible.

Another example of maintenance is that the toaster was broken at the breakfast buffet so it was unavailable during our entire 4 day stay. Not a major priority, but it's evidence of a lack of good management. Another head-shaking example is the fitness center. It is on the ground floor with thick carpeting. Upon entering the musty smell is overpowering. After a rainstorm it was literally sopping wet for days; mind you the electrical outlets and cords run right into the floor. What shocked us is that for several days, nothing was done to dry it out. I can't understand why management wouldn't just rip out the carpet and stick with tile; this has obviously long been a problem there.

We had two rooms, a ground floor garden room and a 9th floor Seaview. We asked for nonsmoking but both had ashtrays, matches and a smoky smell. But the ground floor had a musty smell and the high floor did not. The view from the high floor was great. Because we were on the outside of the courtyard, our view was overlooking the ocean and not the pool and courtyard- well worth asking for an outside room if possible. The ground floor opened right onto a patio with a tub and no privacy screen and at times the staff would hang out right outside the room. It didn't feel very safe either as anyone could easily get in through the glass patio doors.

Because of the open design, the lobby, corridors, and lobby lounge are generally very hot and humid. We missed having a cool place to hang out and play games. Perhaps the executive lounge could service this purpose when renovated, but it is very small and dingy- similar to the old business lounges in Chinese airports.

One negative of the hotel was airplane noise- because the hotel is very close to the airport the noise is very loud and made it hard to sleep. Oddly enough, the Holiday Inn is just as close but we never noticed the noise.

Because I'm pointing out the shortcomings, it might seem like it was a bad stay, but it really is a solid hotel for the price. When we booked it was around 8000 points or $60-70 a night, so well worth it. However, the Holiday Inn was just slightly more and, in my opinion, worth the extra. Still, if you go in with reasonable expectations and secure a high floor, I think you will not be disappointed.

One last tip: When we were there I noticed people with buy-one-get-one-free coupons for the Starbucks lobby lounge. They give them if you just ask as the front desk.

Date of stay: July 2022
2  Thank js96
Reviewed 12 January 2022 via mobile

My Family and i stayed at the CP for 9 nights during Xmas and New Years 2021. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The red flag went up before i even got there… i could not get a room with club privilege as it did not show up on the IHG site so i sent snd email telling them what i wanted 2 rooms 9 nights with club. Ryet never replied therefore had no choice but to book with a 3 party. Our room included Breakfast,lunch and dinner. When showed up she remind me that my booking was not with IHG to which i replied i know because you did not reply to my email i had no choice. I then asked if i could purchase the lounge access and she replied no its only for our club rooms well i would have a club room if you answered my email… not a great start. The hotel is old the rooms smell old and humid. The facilities are old and falling apart.you can tell they are not fixing anything but putting bandaids on it. The breakfast was ok but the lunch and dinner was a nightmare. You could choose between 3 set meals lunch and dinner had the same menu!!!! After a few days the food was getting long in the tooth. The hotel is situated at the end of the beach strip so you are far away from everything. 90% of my stays are at CP trust me when i say this hotel does not even come close to a CP standard. I will be sending the same info to IHG

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2021

I transferred to this hotel from a nearby resort for the last night of my stay in Sanya. When I checked in, Eason was so fast, efficient, and friendly to me.

I was upgraded to a 100 sqm suite due to my Platinum Elite status with IHG. The room was huge and the design was interesting. Despite other reviews noting that a renovation is necessary, I felt like my room was still in pristine shape. Everything was clean and not worn. However, there was a musty smell in the HVAC system.

Overall, I was very happy with my stay and Eason should be commended for his outstanding service!

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank CDubChina
Hu Elle, 业主 at Crowne Plaza Resort Sanya Bay, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2021

Dear( CDubChina)tripadvisor member,

thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Sanya Bay Resort.
Due to the maintenance of the network platform,
I failed to timely share and reply, but I still hope to understand! I'm sorry that there will be some Shiqi in the room facing the sea. We failed to bring you a perfect check-in experience and the details failed to meet your expectations. Your feedback is very important - we have reported to the relevant departments regarding room arrangement and service for immediate follow-up. We will do our best to ensure that you can see the results of our improvement when you visit us next time. Wish you a pleasant life and look forward to seeing you again.

General Manager Crowne Plaza Resort Sanya Bay