Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Coldbread
Kelowna, Canada

Old hotel with smelly rooms not even close to Crowne Plaza standards

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Jan 2022via mobile
My Family and i stayed at the CP for 9 nights during Xmas and New Years 2021. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The red flag went up before i even got there… i could not get a room with club privilege as it did not show up on the IHG site so i sent snd email telling them what i wanted 2 rooms 9 nights with club. Ryet never replied therefore had no choice but to book with a 3 party. Our room included Breakfast,lunch and dinner. When showed up she remind me that my booking was not with IHG to which i replied i know because you did not reply to my email i had no choice. I then asked if i could purchase the lounge access and she replied no its only for our club rooms well i would have a club room if you answered my email… not a great start. The hotel is old the rooms smell old and humid. The facilities are old and falling apart.you can tell they are not fixing anything but putting bandaids on it. The breakfast was ok but the lunch and dinner was a nightmare. You could choose between 3 set meals lunch and dinner had the same menu!!!! After a few days the food was getting long in the tooth. The hotel is situated at the end of the beach strip so you are far away from everything. 90% of my stays are at CP trust me when i say this hotel does not even come close to a CP standard. I will be sending the same info to IHG
Date of stay: January 2022
  • StayForLong
7.8 km from Crowne Plaza Resort Sanya Bay, an IHG hotel
View more hotels in Sanya
5,967 results
All reviews privacy screen musty smell the ground floor tub china maintenance design
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 July 2021

I transferred to this hotel from a nearby resort for the last night of my stay in Sanya. When I checked in, Eason was so fast, efficient, and friendly to me.

I was upgraded to a 100 sqm suite due to my Platinum Elite status with IHG. The room was huge and the design was interesting. Despite other reviews noting that a renovation is necessary, I felt like my room was still in pristine shape. Everything was clean and not worn. However, there was a musty smell in the HVAC system.

Overall, I was very happy with my stay and Eason should be commended for his outstanding service!

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank CDubChina
Hu Elle, 业主 at Crowne Plaza Resort Sanya Bay, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2021

Dear( CDubChina)tripadvisor member,

thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Sanya Bay Resort.
Due to the maintenance of the network platform,
I failed to timely share and reply, but I still hope to understand! I'm sorry that there will be some Shiqi in the room facing the sea. We failed to bring you a perfect check-in experience and the details failed to meet your expectations. Your feedback is very important - we have reported to the relevant departments regarding room arrangement and service for immediate follow-up. We will do our best to ensure that you can see the results of our improvement when you visit us next time. Wish you a pleasant life and look forward to seeing you again.

General Manager Crowne Plaza Resort Sanya Bay

Reviewed 14 June 2021 via mobile

When I booked this hotel for my getaway I loved the pictures and the reviews. However, when I arrived it was nothing what I had expected. Moldy rooms, no umbrellas except for three or four cabanas which were occupied by guests, and no food or drink service at the pool. The food was not on par. The steak sandwich had some crumbs of meat, the nasi goreng was hard rice, the chicken nuggets for my 8 year old came out with 20 nuggets and no fries. It was less than par. We are looking elsewhere for our remaining stay here in China. I hate it because I have lived in China for 13 years and I reside in Shekou, Shenzhen.

Date of stay: May 2021

Dear (ablank1231) member,
Due to the maintenance of the network platform, I am deeply sorry for my failure to reply and share in time. Hope to understand
Thank you for your message. The hotel is very sorry for your unpleasant experience. Although we are committed to providing customers with a good accommodation experience, it is obvious that our service is still lacking. Your valuable comments have been reflected to the relevant departments and senior management, reviewed and strengthened staff training to improve service quality. If you are willing to give us a chance to win back your trust, please contact us at your next stay. I can assure you that we will do our best to make you have a better hotel experience. We sincerely look forward to your next visit and wish you a happy life.

Sincerely

Salute

General manager Crowne Plaza Resort Sanya Bay

September 22, 2021

Reviewed 22 May 2021

This hotel became a Crowne Plaza a few years ago. Really needs renovation. However, for the price it is very good. Bonnie (Front Office) and Peter (DOFB) were extremely helpful and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.
The gym is very basic and some equipment was not working. Aircon vents were dirty and rusty.
Our room had a bathtub on the balcony which was very relaxing. I spent several evenings in the tub with a glass or two of wine. The privacy screen was missing so just had to wear bathers. :)
The Club Lounge is quite small and food offering limited. For breakfast I recommend the restaurant rather than the lounge.
All in all it was a relaxing and enjoyable stay and we will return.

Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank John G

Dear (John G)members,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We apologize for the poor experience during your stay. We attach great importance to your comments and have fed them back to the hotel management and relevant departments for active investigation in order to learn more details and improve the service quality. Your detailed evaluation will be of great help to further improve the service level of the hotel. We hope you can continue to stay in our hotel next time to experience our improved overall service.

General manager Crowne Plaza Sanya Bay
Sep, 22, 2021

Reviewed 27 October 2019 via mobile

Came here with my partner and had a great time exploring Sanya !

We opted for the breakfast and glad we did the hotel had a great selection of food and drinks catering to the westerners like ourselves.

The hotel has a nice direct access to the beach so very convenient and easy going if your here to fully relax! If you have kids they also have a mini beach near the pool so great for families!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank shirleyl890
ElleH168, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Sanya Bay, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2019

Dear shirley1890,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your Sanya vacation. We are proud of our environment and are glad to be able to share with someone who is appreciative for what we offer. Please be assured that your accolades will spur us to do even better and I look forward to your next visit. With warmest wishes,

Gordon Wong
Crowne Plaza Sanya Bay Resort

Reviewed 26 October 2019

My family and I were here for a family trip and the rooms were clean and luxurious, and there is even a bathtub in the balcony facing the sea! Awesome place, great service and an enjoyable holiday! Breakfast had a fair share of international and local cuisines and a wide variety as well. We came here for a quiet place to relax and this place hits the spot for us! Transport was easy to get at the hotel and the service staff were really helpful with every need!

Date of stay: October 2019

Dear Deslsy,
Thank you so much for your positive views points. Our team members whom you mentioned are excited to receive your recognition and I can only thank you for helping to spur us towards doing even better. Looking forward to your next visit, and please do contact me directly. We will look after you!

With best wishes from us at Crowne Plaza Resort Sanya Bay.
Gordon Wong