Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Amanda Blankenship
Shenzhen, China

Not what I had hoped for

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Jun 2021via mobile
When I booked this hotel for my getaway I loved the pictures and the reviews. However, when I arrived it was nothing what I had expected. Moldy rooms, no umbrellas except for three or four cabanas which were occupied by guests, and no food or drink service at the pool. The food was not on par. The steak sandwich had some crumbs of meat, the nasi goreng was hard rice, the chicken nuggets for my 8 year old came out with 20 nuggets and no fries. It was less than par. We are looking elsewhere for our remaining stay here in China. I hate it because I have lived in China for 13 years and I reside in Shekou, Shenzhen.
Date of stay: May 2021
Responded 22 Sept 2021
Dear (ablank1231) member,
Due to the maintenance of the network platform, I am deeply sorry for my failure to reply and share in time. Hope to understand
Thank you for your message. The hotel is very sorry for your unpleasant experience. Although we are committed to providing customers with a good accommodation experience, it is obvious that our service is still lacking. Your valuable comments have been reflected to the relevant departments and senior management, reviewed and strengthened staff training to improve service quality. If you are willing to give us a chance to win back your trust, please contact us at your next stay. I can assure you that we will do our best to make you have a better hotel experience. We sincerely look forward to your next visit and wish you a happy life.

Sincerely

• Priceline
7.8 km from Crowne Plaza Resort Sanya Bay, an IHG hotel
View more hotels in Sanya
5,967 results
All reviews privacy screen musty smell the ground floor tub china maintenance design
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 May 2021

This hotel became a Crowne Plaza a few years ago. Really needs renovation. However, for the price it is very good. Bonnie (Front Office) and Peter (DOFB) were extremely helpful and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.
The gym is very basic and some equipment was not working. Aircon vents were dirty and rusty.
Our room had a bathtub on the balcony which was very relaxing. I spent several evenings in the tub with a glass or two of wine. The privacy screen was missing so just had to wear bathers. :)
The Club Lounge is quite small and food offering limited. For breakfast I recommend the restaurant rather than the lounge.
All in all it was a relaxing and enjoyable stay and we will return.

Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank John G
Hu Elle, 业主 at Crowne Plaza Resort Sanya Bay, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2021

Dear (John G)members,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We apologize for the poor experience during your stay. We attach great importance to your comments and have fed them back to the hotel management and relevant departments for active investigation in order to learn more details and improve the service quality. Your detailed evaluation will be of great help to further improve the service level of the hotel. We hope you can continue to stay in our hotel next time to experience our improved overall service.

General manager Crowne Plaza Sanya Bay
Sep, 22, 2021

Reviewed 27 October 2019 via mobile

Came here with my partner and had a great time exploring Sanya !

We opted for the breakfast and glad we did the hotel had a great selection of food and drinks catering to the westerners like ourselves.

The hotel has a nice direct access to the beach so very convenient and easy going if your here to fully relax! If you have kids they also have a mini beach near the pool so great for families!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank shirleyl890
ElleH168, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Sanya Bay, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2019

Dear shirley1890,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your Sanya vacation. We are proud of our environment and are glad to be able to share with someone who is appreciative for what we offer. Please be assured that your accolades will spur us to do even better and I look forward to your next visit. With warmest wishes,

Crowne Plaza Sanya Bay Resort

Reviewed 26 October 2019

My family and I were here for a family trip and the rooms were clean and luxurious, and there is even a bathtub in the balcony facing the sea! Awesome place, great service and an enjoyable holiday! Breakfast had a fair share of international and local cuisines and a wide variety as well. We came here for a quiet place to relax and this place hits the spot for us! Transport was easy to get at the hotel and the service staff were really helpful with every need!

Dear Deslsy,
Thank you so much for your positive views points. Our team members whom you mentioned are excited to receive your recognition and I can only thank you for helping to spur us towards doing even better. Looking forward to your next visit, and please do contact me directly. We will look after you!

With best wishes from us at Crowne Plaza Resort Sanya Bay.
General Manager.

Reviewed 26 October 2019

Had an immensely great time in the Crowne Plaza, staff were so friendly and helpful, helping to arrange taxis and drivers for when I went to the forest and city Centre.

Lucky enough to also have a suite that had a sea view, worth the money for the balcony with a view!

Definitely recommend for families and friends!

Dear Cherlifoo,
Thank you for your time to let us have your feedback which is very valuable for us. Thank you again for choosing Crowne Plaza Sanya Bay. WIth best wishes.

Crowne Plaza Sanya Bay Resort

Reviewed 3 October 2019

Friendly and helpful staff, expecially Chinese restaurant. Try the Cantonese dishes. Authentic. Soaked in the round bathtub in the balcony, which is big enough for 2, overlook the sea, is just out of this world. Hotel is close to 3 main tourist attractions and saves a lot of travel time, as well as 10 minutes ride to the airport, I appreciate the extra lie-in. Read some other reviews commented about occassional airplanes overhead, it didn't bother me, guess the plances do fly past pretty quickly!

Date of stay: September 2019
ElleH168, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Sanya Bay, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2019

Dear JT,