Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Joshua M
Shanghai, China

I am now addicted to St Regis!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Aug 2021
Having never stayed at St Regis brand before and experienced almost all of the other Marriott brands I was interested to see if they lived up to their hype.

Well....YES

This was just a short one night stay, however I wished I could have stayed here for weeks. The hotel is located at the end of Yalong Bay, has a very private beach and away from all the other hotels

Special thanks to Akim my butler whom is a real asset to the hotel. I had the pleasure of meeting Richard the GM on several occasions, he has a wealth of experience and was a pleasure to talk to. Thanks Richard for a great stay.

I was upgraded to an amazing suite overlooking the marina. Room was oversized and had an amazing view of the marina which was very peaceful and felt like I was the only one in the resort

The hotel is on a grand scale and I believe is one of the largest in the area. The villas look amazing and hope will be able to stay in those one day soon!

I would not hesitate to stay again and this must be on your bucket list when visiting Sanya!
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
  • Trip.com
9.4 km from The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort
View more hotels in Sanya
14,068 results
All reviews yalong bay days vacation prior to our arrival main pool oysters the ocean view room rooms are nice perfect stay driftwood butler china mermaid shirley bbq
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 July 2021

We had a pleasant stay at this hotel. Shiery the guest service manager welcome us upon arrival and she escort us to our ocean view hotel room. We love the room and the hotel facilities. Cedric from Switzerland whom provide us the professional services during our lunch at driftwood restaurant the next day.
I would like to special thank Shiery and Cedric for making us a special stay at this hotel. Thank you.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Zeng Shimly, 销售 at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2021

Dear guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your stay.I am very glad that you are satisfied with the hotel environment and food, especially the service of the hotel staff Shiery and Cedric, your satisfaction and trust is the greatest encouragement to the hotel.It is a great honor for you to spend a pleasant holiday at St. Regis Sanya. St. Regis sanya has been passed down through centuries of wind and rain until now. The principle of meticulous and tailored service has always been the principle of the hotel, which aims to make guests have a more comfortable and comfortable stay experience.Thank you again for your stay and support. Look forward to your visit again.

Reviewed 23 July 2021

So the room was great, lovely size and the private pool access was a real stunner.

Problem is, pretty much everything else about the hotel was a disappointment.

The Hawaiian pizza we ate did NOT include ham: it was electronically reclaimed meat, which - shock! Horror! - is not ACTUAL HAM! Things got worse at breakfast with an absolutely paltry selection that was put to shame by what we had enjoyed at the Westin (same hotel family, by the way) with rubbery meats, over-watery juices and coffee that barely deserved the name.

Service was hugely "Miss" with one minor "Hit" at the front desk and when we arrived. The staff at the bar were completely indifferent and one of them sighed angrily and loudly when I finished making our drink order - at least there was alcohol in the drinks, unlike at the Westin?

"We'll send it in less than ten minutes" was a frequent refrain of the Butler sevice, but in actual fact, 30-40 minutes was common. The cleaner very nearly locked me out of the room by bolting the balcony door: I told her I was going swimming and got into the private pool. Did a few laps, and she was almost out of the door having locked the pool-access door from the inside. Luckily I caught her in time.

Concierge services were also quite lacking - no luggage collection/delivery service was offered. They seemed confused when we asked.

The worst part of it was the sleep deprivation: We were on the 3rd floor (Read: Ground Floor) and we heard every coming and going of every single neighbour up-and-down the corridor. The doors, when left to c lose by themselves, invariably slammed loudly. The sound of walking and talking was heard well into the night with almost no respite, the sound-proofing, such as it was, was just inadequate.

A shame. This has all the trappings of a great luxury hotel (note the high price tag) that is going to pieces due to lax management standards.

2  Thank Narsfweasels
Zeng Shimly, 销售 at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2021

Dear Guest,

In the name of all our hosts I thank you very much for having decided to reside at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort during your recent visit.

I even more appreciate that you have taken some of your precious time to share your experiences with us; sharing impressions of any kind indeed does make a difference, especially at a hotel that marks "consistent, exquisite quality" on its banner and that does take this promise very serious.

It saddens me to hear that we have failed in exceeding or even meeting your expectations, something my team actually strives for and that we at St. Regis have been praised for so often. I only can apologize for our shortcomings. My team feels devastated once we had shared your comments with them. The points you mention though demonstrate very clearly that we are not allowed to rest on our laurels and have to more strictly verify our products, procedures, our development and our strive for excellence. There is no excuse for any of them; I can assure you that I will personally look into these matters to ensure they will not repeat.

Once again, please accept my most sincere apologies. I hope you will give us soon another opportunity to demonstrate that we are capable of doing better. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time if you feel I can be of assistance for your next booking with us or any other St. Regis Hotel or Resort or in any other matter.

Reviewed 15 July 2021 via mobile

we had the worst experience the butler Carolina was not helpful at all .
first day the breakfast we ordered twice came twice wrong
we ordered lunch my order was caprese mozzarella sandwich they brought salmon sandwich so I had to order again.
third day the butler wasn't replying to our messages when we asked for breakfast she ignored.
she said the buggy car will come at 10:10 to pick up the luggage for check out the time now is 10:30 and no one come and she doesn't reply to our call.
we paid alot for the worst experience.
highly not reccommended.
lastly the buggy came with wet seats and not enough space for the family.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank 59majdm
Reviewed 7 July 2021

The 7 nights at St Regis were a wonderful escape from the busy city life.The hotel grounds are well maintained even though some parts need some slight refurbishments.Service was flawless and every needs were taken care of without any issue;special thanks here to Victor who really went out of his way to make a memorable stay for us.Lagoon room with the private pool was awesome and it's the room to choose, even though some guests are quite loud sometimes.Driftwood restaurant was excellent and we spent a lot of our evenings there.Cedric really made sure that everything was served on point.Breakfast also has a good range with multiple choices of Asian and western foods, just be there before 9am, otherwise i might need to wait for a free table.Overall a wonderful experience at St Regis which for sure can rise to the expectations of every guest

3  Thank Brezo_R
Zeng Shimly, 销售 at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2021

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to share your staying experience. I am very pleased that you are satisfied with the hotel environment, guest rooms, and restaurants, especially the affirmation of the hotel staff Victor and Cedric's services. Your satisfaction and trust are the greatest encouragement to the hotel. It is a great honor for you to spend a pleasant holiday at St. Regis Sanya. The St. Regis brand has been passed down through hundreds of years of ups and downs. The concept of meticulous and tailor-made has always been the service tenet of the hotel, aiming to make guests have a more comfortable and comfortable staying experience. Thank you again for your stay and support, and look forward to your visit again.

Reviewed 28 June 2021

We stayed four nights at St. Regis Sanya, we spent a fabulous and relaxing escape. First of all, million thanks to the great Rocky, who made our holidays full of unforgettable moments. Thanks to Tim and his wonderful kitchen team, the food was great, delicious and high quality. The Driftwood restaurant team is really amazing, it was wonderful to meet David, Cedric and Jack every morning and evening. Cedric speaks many languages and he is a hospitality champion. We enjoyed also the Beach BBQ on Friday and Grey was absolutely fantastic.
We had a memorable welcome by Rick and F.O team, the HK team was really professional and great too. Looking already very much forward to the next time at St..Regis again, we will be back.
With many thanks,
Ben and Hyun-Ah from Suzhou

Room tip: Stay in villas and enjoy private breakfast at Driftwood restaurant.
Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank Suzhou2019
Zeng Shimly, 销售 at The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2021

Dear guests,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your stay experience.I am very pleased that you are satisfied with the hotel environment and food and beverage, especially the service of the hotel staff Rocky, David, Cedric as well as Grey, Rick, Ben and Hyun-ah, your satisfaction and trust is the greatest encouragement to the hotel.It is a great honor for you to have a pleasant vacation at St. Regis Sanya. The St. Regis brand has been passed down for a hundred years. The concept of meticulous and tailored service has always been the service tenet of the hotel, aiming to make guests have a more comfortable and comfortable stay in the hotel.Thank you again for your stay and support. We look forward to seeing you again.