Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
HappyDragon0201
Beijing, China

Great stay in winter

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Feb 2022via mobile
Due to COVID less hotel guests and very quite and relaxed our entire stay. Few steps to the beach, looks like their private one as not many people also bit far from other hotels in Haitang. We had Thai food at their Thail restaurant. Tastes great and nice service. Room was not new but clean and comfortable . Swimming pool was big and water was clean enough.
Date of stay: December 2021
Room Tip: It would be much convenient if you rent a car during your stay in Hainan Island. Hotel is a...
Trip type: Travelled with friends
MIA ZHOU, 销售 at Renaissance Sanya Haitang Bay Resort, responded to this review
Responded 23 Jun 2022
Dear Guest, thank you for choosing Renaissance Sanya Haitang Bay Resort. We hope to look forward to seeing you again and bring you a better service!
Overview of Mandarin Oriental, Sanya
    $54
    $115
40.1 km from Renaissance Sanya Haitang Bay Resort
View more hotels in Sanya
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 August 2021 via mobile

Room - a little run down and musty. Sliding doors don’t work well. Mini bar empty. Coffee capsules not replenished so I had to remind housekeeping. Also left some dirty cups and some food leftovers unwashed and uncleared. Bathrobe is wrinkled and looked worn. Only 2 bath towels provided as most hotels we’ve been to provide 4. Limited number of USB ports, especially by the bed Room is big & clean. Acceptable.

Breakfast - 95% Chinese clientele. 80% Chinese food. 100% wet market noise & craziness. Poor quality breakfast Bacon looks like spam swimming in some boiled water. Salads are dripping wet. No one taught them to spin dry salad leaves. Mostly noodles, fried rice, fried dough fritters, deep fried mantou, etc. Not my kind of breakfast. Breads are mostly toast and some jam. Liquid yogurts. Standard egg station. Let’s just say I don’t look forward to this breakfast. And breakfasts during holidays matter alot to me.

Star Bar - menu looks good but Perrier is over priced at 60 rmb for a small bottle. Vs 38 rmb for the same in the lobby lounge. Plus a service charge on top of that. I complained and they took it off our bill & also gave us a fruit plate. Product pricing should be consistent throughout the property. Staff are inexperienced. Mostly Trainees who don’t know the menu or are not able to answer questions related to the menu For every question I asked in Chinese, I got a blank look back. Or looking for someone else to ask.

Buffet dinner - we went twice so far as there isn’t any other choice. (Hotel is in the middle of nowhere and Eleme shows up limited choices for delivery and only Chinese food). We went the first time at 8.30pm and was told the buffet closes at 9pm. We felt 30 mins is good enough but they actually start clearing at 8.40pm. It’s really annoying to see staff coming in with trolleys and busy packing up the food and serving plates. The hotel also only provide small plates for the buffet, which cannot hold much food nor the salad leaves, hence forcing you to do multiple runs. Same for breakfast. We went the second time at 7.30pm so as not to be rushed. There’s a Filipino duo providing live music. Its actually quite awful, like nails on the blackboard. The female singer is ok but the male should just stick to the key board.

Grounds - big. Tries to be like Bali or Thailand. Pool or pools are in a weird & very elongated shape. It’s a mix of a poor tacky theme park with some kind of a carousel, and petting zoo with animals here and there. Rabbits, turtles, pheasants, ducks, geese, etc. There’s a train that runs through the grounds too. Unbelievable. Very tacky and catering to Chinese families, and I guess Chinese kids who like all the animals by the pool. In the evening, everything is lighted up in multi coloured lights. Very kitsch.

The only saving grace is that the pool area is quiet in the afternoons as the Chinese guests hide indoors to be away from the sun. So it’s peaceful. But come dusk till night, the pool is populated and noisy.

Overall the grounds are beautiful but I suspect the local hotel owner wanted to add in all the theme park and petting zoo elements to liven things up. I’m sure this is not in the DNA of Renaissance nor the SPG group.

The staff are quite nice overall and do try. But they need more training and help. And I’ve not seen a manager nor GM on the hotel grounds.

Overall, not a place I’d recommend. Looking for somewhere else to move to.

Date of stay: August 2021
2  Thank BuddhaFleur
Reviewed 10 July 2021

We were looking for a resort away from the hustle and bustle and this was it! The grounds are gorgeous with lots of couples coming for wedding photos. The staff is very friendly and try hard to please. The rooms are spacious and clean albeit a bit musty smelling. We spent most of our meals at the Starfish Bar because of its location, ambience, menu selection and service. A big shout out to DEVIN, our constant server, who took great care of our food and beverage needs - he is amazing!

Room tip: Building D is closest to the ocean!
Date of stay: July 2021
MIA ZHOU, 销售 at Renaissance Sanya Haitang Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2022

Reviewed 20 October 2020

I was recommended to top up $150 for restaurants in the hotel at check-in service, but found too much for my stay. I asked for full refund and was refused, what's more, I was told that the value was only valid for 30 days, which is a great Infringement of consumer rights.
I seeked for assistance from government service, but still no response. Really shame for Marriott. Please everyone avoid this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank renyangl
Reviewed 28 September 2020 via mobile

What a great experience between 17th and 24th September. We had great service from Anna ADR, Charlie and Anita in F&B as well as housekeeping team. Guest Relations team always there to help us with our questions and inquiries. Looking forward to go back in December.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
VINCENT LIU, 营销 at Renaissance Sanya Haitang Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2020

Thanks for your kind comments about your stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2020 via mobile

I came here trusting that the hotel would be “somewhat” up to the quality standards of a Renaissance hotel and also a Marriot Hôtel. But, think again. It has NOTHING to do with those big names.

Yes, the hotel is big, is pretty even tho you can tell it looks a bit outdated. The pool is very big and clean. And the room was pretty. They even gave us an “upgrade” to a bigger room.

HOWEVER, not a hotel recommended for foreigners. NOBODY speaks English. ( yeah you would expect people at a 5 star hotel would speak english, or at least another language) no no. Everywhere you went you had to use a translator.

I was super excited about the buffet breakfast, but nope, just a few western options. And nothing special. Food was very oily. And honestly. All they had were Chinese alternatives. And it’s Ok. But really again, AT A 5 star Renaissance hotel? NO VARIETY? Coffee bad. Bacon bad. Eggs horrible. VERY POOR

We wanted to play tennis and we even brought our racquets only to find out that we had to pay extra to use the court. About 25$ an hour. Not like any other experience in a 5 star hotel I’d ever had.

For the price I payed here I would have stayed at any other Chinese hotel for half the price and I would have been happy because I knew what I was getting. But this hotel is 100% NOT up to the marriot standards. If I were responsible for this, I would change the name of this hotel.

If you come here and you are looking to relax and feel in a comfortable environment. Think again.

Shame shame.