Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
WMBandit
Shanghai, China

Good stay for business trip

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Sept 2022
One of the many top hotels in Sanya along Haitang Bay. In all honesty, Hainan is one boring place and Sanya is at the top. It is a souless city filled with nothing but fancy hotels, shopping centers duty-frees and nonsense. Business trip so room is like any other room that you would expect in these hotel chains.
Staff esp the cleaning ladies are friendly and helpful and it is always the workers who make you remember the place.
Free wifi, good food selection but out of the way if you want to head into more historical places in the area such as DaDong Beach and Luhuitou.
Date of stay: December 2021
    $567
    $664
2.1 km from The Mangrove Sanya Haitang Bay
View more hotels in Sanya
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 August 2021 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience at the Mangrove resort mainly thanks to an amazing staff member, JingJing who did absolutely everything to make our stay memorable and whose English was impeccable. We were initially booked in another hotel but it was really not up to our expectations so we decided to cancel our reservation and looked for another place to stay for our 2 week holidays. We visited lots of places but Jingjing really made the difference taking the time to show us around and her very best to meet our requirements. We had a small family villa and a room in the main building for our 2 children the first week (both really really nice) and then we moved to a 3 bedroom villa for the rest of our stay which was amazing. We were greeted every morning by Christina at breakfast, whose English was also really good and who’d seat us down in a quite room and would know exactly what we’d like to drink, eat etc… The only reason why I wouldn’t give the resort a 5 is because some of the pools were closed, there’s no beach restaurant and no pool bar. However, the room service was really good and the food lovely. All the hotel staff are very polite and efficient. A big plus to the hotel is the drugstore in the basement and the proximity to a small shopping mall where there’s a supermarket and various restaurants. I would definitely recommend the place and hope we can go back there soon.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2021 via mobile

When I stayed in December, the hotel was looking a little tired. Not all facilities were available, only two restaurants were open. Ordering room service was tricky as the kitchen staff taking phone orders did not understand English and the food options were limited. The room cleaning service did not show up on day one, the other days the room was cleaned very late in the afternoon, odd times to clean.

The only bar was the lobby bar, nice view but the prices were extremely high, one coconut juice was 30rmb. Nice large grounds but again as the beach was a little too dirty to swim in, the pool options were lacking, two of the pools were open, a warm water pool for children and a nicer more quieter cold water pool for adults.

The room size was lovely, the bathtub on the balcony was a good idea but looked rusty. All in all, the hotel needs better food options with more reasonable prices, and a paint job here and there. A little disappointing for the money spent.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2019 via mobile

I was here with my husband, cause of business trip. It’s our first time in Sanya. The hotel is just next to the beach with a beautiful view. Nobody speaking english here, don’t worry, cause it’s normal in China - quite funny, but staff was trying be a very friendly and helpful :) ..

Maybe we will back in a future.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank MiuskaW
Reviewed 1 July 2019 via mobile

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. Here is why:

Random things are closed! They advertised a pool bar, but it’s closed...this means that any water you want poolside you need to bring yourself from your room. And forget about that poolside smoothie or piña colada! I’m sorry, but a pool bar is basic. There is ALSO a rooftop bar that is advertised (on the map, on the elevator, in all promotional materials) that is not open and has never been open in the two years since the hotel’s founding. There are 9 pools (6 of which are “big” pools). On my first day, 2 of the big pools were closed for disinfection. When I asked when they would reopen I was told “no time soon”. By my second day, 3 of the big pools were closed. Again: this is not what was advertised or what I paid for.

Speaking of paying...they nickel and dime you!! For a luxury resort, the amount of money they try to squeeze out of you is absurd. A few examples:

1. You have to pay to use pool toys (yes, at the pool of the hotel where you are paying to stay).

2. If you want to sit on the terrace, you have to buy a drink. You have to pay to use the terrace—by the way, it’s not in a restaurant or anything—at the hotel where you are paying to stay.

3. They advertised “morning yoga on the beach”, and I signed up. I later found out that the morning yoga did not include an instructor, they were merely offering to set up a yoga mat for you to, I presume, hang out on. An instructor could be added for around 80USD/hour. Another example of the discrepancy between what was advertised and what happened. Morning yoga means there will be a teacher.

4. Breakfast is roughly 50USD, which is obscene by any standards, but especially in China. The restaurants were so, unbelievably, overpriced that I had all of my meals delivered from nearby restaurants for one tenth of the price.

I have lived in China for over 4 years and stayed at many luxury hotels, I have never, ever encountered a place as cheap as this one. Stay away and opt for a brand you know and trust, like the Westin or Marriott.

The resort is on the beach, but you can’t swim due to a government restriction on the bay.

The facilities are nice enough, but at this point aging. They have not been well maintained, many broken or malfunctioning things, and it’s not as clean as it could be. When I was there, no foreign channels (CNN, HBO) worked...again, despite being advertised as part of their offerings.

Another example: I tried to order room service and the restaurant couldn’t hear me despite the fact that I was calling on my ROOM’S PHONE. Eventually, after 20 minutes, someone came to my room to help me order, which was very nice, but also a waste of everyone’s time. She let me know that they often have problems with the reception on phone calls from guests’ rooms.

The issue here is fundamentally with the policies and management of this hotel. The service is quite good and all the staff I interacted with were very kind (especially Echo at the front desk, Carol Fu on the cleaning staff, and a woman from Paul’s Kicthen)—I could tell they even felt bad about some of the things they were being asked to communicate! I shared all of the above feedback with the assistant manager and I sincerely hope this hotel rethinks the way its choosing to run. Do better!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2019 via mobile

The Mangrove Hotel is the most memory hotel in our Sanya trip. The Uber Driver introduced hotel is the best sea view in Sanya. Amazing a lot when we arrived at hotel lobby, really the full sea view and special design. All decorations and views impressive us a lot. The service of entire hotel staffs all great, from the bellboy, lobby girl and cleaning staff, all friendly and greeting us when we pass by any where. Hotel garden and swimming pool we enjoyed all the staging, we will back for sure, next year, definitely will back. Lovely hotel, lovely service, lovely staffs!

Date of stay: May 2019