Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Judit Mia V
Miami, Florida

Business Trip

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Nov 2019via mobile
I was here with my husband, cause of business trip. It’s our first time in Sanya. The hotel is just next to the beach with a beautiful view. Nobody speaking english here, don’t worry, cause it’s normal in China - quite funny, but staff was trying be a very friendly and helpful :) ..

Maybe we will back in a future.
Date of stay: October 2019
    $164
  • eDreams
30.4 km from The Mangrove Sanya Haitang Bay
View more hotels in Sanya
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 July 2019 via mobile

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. Here is why:

Random things are closed! They advertised a pool bar, but it’s closed...this means that any water you want poolside you need to bring yourself from your room. And forget about that poolside smoothie or piña colada! I’m sorry, but a pool bar is basic. There is ALSO a rooftop bar that is advertised (on the map, on the elevator, in all promotional materials) that is not open and has never been open in the two years since the hotel’s founding. There are 9 pools (6 of which are “big” pools). On my first day, 2 of the big pools were closed for disinfection. When I asked when they would reopen I was told “no time soon”. By my second day, 3 of the big pools were closed. Again: this is not what was advertised or what I paid for.

Speaking of paying...they nickel and dime you!! For a luxury resort, the amount of money they try to squeeze out of you is absurd. A few examples:

1. You have to pay to use pool toys (yes, at the pool of the hotel where you are paying to stay).

2. If you want to sit on the terrace, you have to buy a drink. You have to pay to use the terrace—by the way, it’s not in a restaurant or anything—at the hotel where you are paying to stay.

3. They advertised “morning yoga on the beach”, and I signed up. I later found out that the morning yoga did not include an instructor, they were merely offering to set up a yoga mat for you to, I presume, hang out on. An instructor could be added for around 80USD/hour. Another example of the discrepancy between what was advertised and what happened. Morning yoga means there will be a teacher.

4. Breakfast is roughly 50USD, which is obscene by any standards, but especially in China. The restaurants were so, unbelievably, overpriced that I had all of my meals delivered from nearby restaurants for one tenth of the price.

I have lived in China for over 4 years and stayed at many luxury hotels, I have never, ever encountered a place as cheap as this one. Stay away and opt for a brand you know and trust, like the Westin or Marriott.

The resort is on the beach, but you can’t swim due to a government restriction on the bay.

The facilities are nice enough, but at this point aging. They have not been well maintained, many broken or malfunctioning things, and it’s not as clean as it could be. When I was there, no foreign channels (CNN, HBO) worked...again, despite being advertised as part of their offerings.

Another example: I tried to order room service and the restaurant couldn’t hear me despite the fact that I was calling on my ROOM’S PHONE. Eventually, after 20 minutes, someone came to my room to help me order, which was very nice, but also a waste of everyone’s time. She let me know that they often have problems with the reception on phone calls from guests’ rooms.

The issue here is fundamentally with the policies and management of this hotel. The service is quite good and all the staff I interacted with were very kind (especially Echo at the front desk, Carol Fu on the cleaning staff, and a woman from Paul’s Kicthen)—I could tell they even felt bad about some of the things they were being asked to communicate! I shared all of the above feedback with the assistant manager and I sincerely hope this hotel rethinks the way its choosing to run. Do better!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2019 via mobile

The Mangrove Hotel is the most memory hotel in our Sanya trip. The Uber Driver introduced hotel is the best sea view in Sanya. Amazing a lot when we arrived at hotel lobby, really the full sea view and special design. All decorations and views impressive us a lot. The service of entire hotel staffs all great, from the bellboy, lobby girl and cleaning staff, all friendly and greeting us when we pass by any where. Hotel garden and swimming pool we enjoyed all the staging, we will back for sure, next year, definitely will back. Lovely hotel, lovely service, lovely staffs!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2019 via mobile

Food was excellent. Staff was professional and friendly. BBQ and seafood were fresh. A lot of food were ok for kids. Desserts were really nice. We also tried crocodile soup. which We had amazing time with my family.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed 4 April 2019 via mobile

It's my first time in Sanya, but I was really impressed by the service and luxurious room, will definitely come back again and recommend to my friends! The hotel is just next to the beach and the seawater was so clear with fine sands.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed 11 March 2019

Checked in to a cosy room and enjoy a nice spa time, then went on to play some VR games before having dinner with a friend. Weekend stay in Mangrove is nothing but very nice ! It is defo one of the best hotels along the coast of Haitang Bay !

Date of stay: February 2019