Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
zyxlsy
Irvine, California

Expensive and Great

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Apr 2024via mobile
Had a wonderful stay at this property. Kinda expensive but you get what you pay for.

Shout out to Ashley who acted as our dedicated concierge for the whole trip. Huge help and I really appreciate it!

The terrace suite we got is huge and amazing. There are only two of them, one 1-bedroom and another 2-bedroom, side-by-side. The size is actually about the same. The 2-bedroom one cuts a portion from the living room for bedroom 2#. They both have terraces overlooking the same ocean but the 1-bedroom’s tilts towards the inside of Edition. All-in-all, expensive suite but worth it.

Also wanna mention the beach barbecue. The venue looks not that amazing during the day but when you actually go there after dark, it’s so charming. The food is top-notch and the vibe is absolutely what people look for with beach vacations.

One serious complaint: our package includes round trip transportation. However, with only 24 hrs before arriving in Sanya, no one had reached out to me proactively. I would recommend that concierge people should contact us 48 hrs before arrival proactively so that we the guests wouldn’t have to bear the stress.
Date of stay: March 2024
    $120
35.4 km from The Sanya EDITION
View more hotels in Sanya
11,380 results
All reviews barbacoa sky bar ocean front luxury hotel amazing hotel western food service staff rob egrets miranda balinese marriott asia lap
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 April 2024 via mobile

The hotel is gorgeous but more than the beautiful structure and facilities, the service is very thoughtful and warm. They did simple service gestures in a very personalized way. Tom of Housekeeping wrote a personalized note to me to hydrate and he gave me a stock of canned water. Doris made my bubble bath daintily. I am also a hotelier and a frequent traveler and these are the types of experience that stir me profoundly as a guest.

Please convey my recognition to Tom and Doris. They’re your STARS! Well done, Team Sanya Edition!

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank theglobetrottinglens
Reviewed 22 December 2023 via mobile

Context: I'm a Canadian, living in the USA, in town with my fiance and her brother / his wife, visiting for two nights at the Sanya EDITION, in December 2023. I'm a Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, but this was booked 3rd party, so no credit for us! We came for a brief vacation of rest and relaxation before continuing on our adventures. I have a peanut allergy - which requires using epinephrine if the reaction becomes severe.

There's a reason this five-star luxury hotel is rated so highly. From the check-in experience to the buffet breakfast, the water activities, the sky bar, and the actual rooms themselves - there's a lot to enjoy and appreciate with this hotel.

Let's begin with the hotel itself, and it's vast amenities / experiences. Firstly, the room - the only word I can use to accurately describe the experience is "breathtaking". It's minimalistic, but you have two tubs (both which can easily fit two), a massive King-sized bed facing the ocean (and the inner ring of the resort), a balcony and plenty of seating. The design is very "open" - there isn't a lot of furniture, but the room layout is sensible and functional, especially for couples that just want to rest and relax without too much additional stress. The bathroom offers two sinks (helpful!), a high-end professional quality Dyson hair dryer, and toiletries that all help to better your stay - dental kit, vanity kit, shaving kit, shower loofah, and plenty of towels. The minifridge / bar area is stocked with plenty of favourites, from coffee, authentic tea, and snacks. Moving on to the experiences - the water activities are nice, if you've never had the experience before. They have water bikes, kayaks, paddle boards, and canoes. My fiance and I come from the PNW in the USA, which has plenty of water activities available, so this was briefly exciting, but still worth trying, especially if you've never had the chance before, or you don't have ample access to this wherever you're from. The beach bar is right on the water (not the ocean - but the internal water area that is private to this hotel / resort), and offers plenty of drinks and snacks. The sky bar is on the 12th floor - in a separate elevator bank than where you'd go to get to the rooms (which are positioned along a crescent from floors 2 through 11, skipping 4) - which is talked about in a separate review - go read that instead of me regurgitating that content here! For amenities, we did the breakfast buffet both days - it's a great mix of western (English) and Chinese options - from 粥 to dumplings to soups, charcuterie, a juice bar, pancakes, waffles, French toast, breads, salad bar, noodle bar, omelet bar, and more that I'm definitely forgetting, but don't want to rant too much more about. The seating is plentiful and we never had to wait to sit down - but it definitely gets busy - so go early!

Next, let's talk about the staff. When we checked in, they helpfully brought up our bags, and had a coconut for each of the guests waiting in our rooms, with the hotels logo engraved on the front. We also got a bottle of Chilean 2022 Cabernet Sauvignon, which was quite a good selection to complement the weather and the mood. The staff walked us to our rooms and helpfully walked through the available amenities as well as how to find more information (if we needed it). Given that it was our first day in town, we decided to hit up the beach bar near the water. Unfortunately, despite being told that only a sauce for one of the future appetizers had peanuts, we discovered that one of the snacks served initially was unsafe (wasabi peanut). The staff handled everything gracefully, providing everything necessary to ensure that I remained safe and at ease. This was definitely a strong positive of this hotel - crisis management and follow-up. I want to commend everyone for the "after-incident" treatment - I felt appreciated and was still able to enjoy at least one night at this hotel - and for that I am very happy for having visited.

Overall, the experience was definitely positive - I'd recommend this luxury hotel as a place to stay when you're in Haitang Bay.

Thanks for the warm Sanya welcome, EDITION!

Room tip: Breakfast is busiest after 915am - if you go early, there's less crowds. Also, if the ground floor water activities / beach are too cold / windy, go to 12th floor sky pool!
Date of stay: December 2023
Reviewed 1 December 2023

The Edition Hotel on the idyllic island of Sanya offers an exceptional vacation experience, fusing contemporary luxury with the natural beauty of its surroundings. This haven of serenity is strategically located facing the crystal clear waters of the South China Sea, offering panoramic views and direct access to white sandy beaches. Really beautiful hotel. Great service and hospitality (especially at the beach club)!

Date of stay: November 2023
Reviewed 19 November 2023 via mobile

Best hotel in sanya in my opinion

I’ve met Jordi the GM, the rest of the staff, everyone here is super friendly, super helpful, and super professional.

Hotel wasn’t crazy busy which is good for my family and my kids.

People were civilized and everything there was / is awesome

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2023

I am a traveller from the UK. I particularly wanted to spend my holiday on an island, so I chose Sanya, China. I choose the Sanya EDITION as my accommodation for this trip.

Prior to arriving at the hotel, as I am a Marriott Bonvoy Titanium member, Lynn from Guest Relations Dept. contacted me via email to enquire about my needs and my personal preferences, which made a great impression on me. Upon arrival at the hotel, sure enough Lynn upgraded me to the most popular room that is called loft studio with a fantastic ocean view according to my preference and prepared a great welcome gift for me. This made me feel very surprised and honoured to experience the feeling of being an honoured Titanium member.

I was very impressed with the room at the Sanya EDITION, lying on the bed with a view of the ocean out of the window gave me a real sense of luxury. The breakfast was also very incredible, with a wide variety of choices, from local China specialities to a very English breakfast. I also got to experience water sports where there are many options like water bikes, kayaks and many more. It was really fun making my experience even more memorable. Every member of staff here has a high level of service, which made my stay even more comfortable, especially Lynn who was able to remember my face and greet me every time he saw me and asked me about my experience.

The experience must have been marvelous and it made me love the EDITION brand even more and plan to experience more EDITION hotels in the future.

Date of stay: May 2023