Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
bachelor8

Great facilities and services

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Mar 2024
this resort is closed to Haikou convention and exhibition center and not far from Haikou train station by bus G37. Different types of pools were surrounded by tropical garden. Club lounge happy hour was so great to provided fried salmon,ice cream, and other seafood. Room was very spacious and comfortable.
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 12 Apr 2024
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your praise of Haikou Marriott Hotel. We are pleased to know that you have had a pleasant stay with us. Your comfortable and happy stay is the driving force for our efforts! Looking forward to your next stay with us.

$53
    $74
    $78
13.5 km from Haikou Marriott Hotel
View more hotels in Haikou
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 July 2021

We loved it. My young family had a train to Guangzhou cancelled and we stayed unexpectedly at the last minute. Jason in reception welcomed us warmly. We settled into our room and we're. Very pleased with the surroundings.

Next day, the typhoon determined that we needed to stay for an extra couple of days, so we enquired about an upgrade to our room. Lida could not do enough for us. She was fantastic.

What followed was two more days of relaxation, swimming, great food, use of the gym, and service that was always dedicated and top level.

This stay was nothing but a pleasure.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
MarCom Manager, General Manager at Haikou Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2021

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your praise of Haikou Marriott Hotel. We are pleased to know that you and your lovely family have had a pleasant stay with us. Your comfortable and happy stay is the driving force for our efforts!Looking forward to your next stay, wish you a pleasant life.

Reviewed 4 July 2021

We loved to stay here, customer service was great, especially at the restaurants. The Buffett breakfast was amazing. We loved the pool as well but if you are hoping to go to the beach, this is not the right place. There is a manmade beach that is a track from the hotel and there is no access from the hotel. The water is dirty and muddy and the bottom of the sea is really slimy, no beach chairs or umbrellas on the beach and it is no man's land! The rooms are spacious and a nice view from most rooms.

Room tip: We asked for the top floor( the hotel has 9 floors), better view
Date of stay: June 2021

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your praise of Haikou Marriott Hotel. We are pleased to know that you have had a pleasant stay with us. Your comfortable and happy stay is the driving force for our efforts! Looking forward to your next stay, wish you a pleasant life.

Reviewed 7 May 2021 via mobile

During the Haikou international expo I run out the battery of my phone, all the power banks in the expo where empty, I decide to walk to the closest hotel and I walk in to the Marriott, also there no chargers from in the power banks and one lady called Cassie soon share is professional ability and help me to find a charger, no chargers available till she say to wait and she borrowed one for me, this is a real exceptional guest service, well done!!

Date of stay: May 2021
MarCom Manager, General Manager at Haikou Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2021

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Haikou Marriott Hotel for your stay. It is our pleasure to serve you in a warm and professional way. We are pleased to know you have a great stay with us, we are looking forward to seeing you next time. Wish you good health and a good journey.

Reviewed 5 April 2021 via mobile

As a platinum member I am visiting the Marriott Hotel quite often.

This hotel is the worst ever hotel. The general manager has no idea how to lead a hotel.

Rooms are extremely dirty. Toilets are used before and you can see all the urine.

Covers burned from cigarettes. Air conditioning without functioning during the night, bugs in the room, black mould smell permanently in the room.

For the 24 hour work at the beach which is extremely noisy, hotel is innocent as the government decided to build something till end 2023.

I will try to book ASAP another hotel.
Ok

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Hottentottenstotter
MarCom Manager, General Manager at Haikou Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2021

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave us so many online comments. We are sorry for your unpleasant experience during your stay in Haikou Marriott Hotel.

When we received your online comments, we immediately conducted an internal investigation into the problems you pointed out. Unfortunately, we were not able to find your feedback from the customer complaint file.

We are deeply sorry for the hygiene problem you mentioned. We constantly train our staff that when cleaning the rooms and public areas, they should strictly follow the hygiene standards of Marriott Group. We will continue to strengthen staff cleaning training and standards, strictly do a good job of guest room hygiene inspection, and implement the reward and punishment mechanism for staff.

Regarding for the problem of air conditioning function you mentioned, we demand the engineering department of the hotel to strictly check the facilities and equipment of the guest rooms regularly, and try our best to maintain the internal and external facilities of the hotel.

Regarding for the moldy smell in the guest rooms you mentioned, Haikou Marriott Hotel is close to the seaside, the weather in Haikou is very hot, air humidity increased, the guest rooms are easy to have moldy smell. Our staff will often ventilate the rooms to remove the moldy smell.

Regarding for the construction and noise problems you mentioned, the municipal government is carrying out 24-hour road construction on the road by the seaside of the hotel. We are deeply sorry for the trouble caused by the noise during the construction. The construction has entered the final period.

Thank you again for spending your precious time and leaving us so many valuable Suggestions. We will do better in terms of service and facilities in the future. Looking forward to your next stay. Wish you good health and a happy family.

Reviewed 31 August 2020

Stayed here for a night before my flight out of Hainan the next day. The only regret I had was not to arrive earlier. The hot pools were great and I could only used it for an hour before they closed it at 11pm. They are only reopened at 9am, by which time, I would be preparing to check out and depart for the airport. Staff was superb. I carried a China Green Card, and while in Sanya, the hotels had no problem reading my card and taking a picture of me, I faced problems with the two Haikou hotels that I stayed in. At Marriott Haikou, my card can be read but it could not register my photo. Unlike in Sheraton Haikou which I stayed a week ago, the Marriott check-in agent recognizes my Green Card and said that the error could be with the system. Instead, he made a copy of my card, passed me my key and let me retreat to my room. As opposed to Sheraton Haikou, whereby all the three check-in agents present kept insisting that my card is not accepted and I should present my passport and visa, and I had to keep explaining that I am carrying a valid Chinese ID and could check in without problem at other cities. It took me 20 mins at Sheraton before I could be checked-in, while I faced no problem at Marriott. Staff at Man Ho chinese restaurants was great too. Always accomodating, and kept apologizing when the kitchen forgot one of my orders. Before leaving, they also gave me some fruits to bring back to my room.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank HollandVBoy
MarCom Manager, General Manager at Haikou Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2023

Dear Valued Guest,
I am very sorry to disappoint you by not bringing you a satisfying sojourn experience. Your valuable comments have been shared with the department and we will strengthen the management of the relevant areas and make appropriate adjustments and improvements as soon as possible.We hope this stay will not affect your information about us, and we sincerely invite you to come back to Marriott Haikou to witness our growth.