Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jimmy
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

What's the Fuss?

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Dec 2018
Stayed at this hotel, looks "Great" on the outside. most amenities are there, restaurants (good breakfast), shops (better shops in mid-town), club. Had a room facing the park...... Great, so I thot. Then again, when i look around the area, there's nothing I can do, in short, nothing for me to explore in this town. Disappointed. Walking across to the park will mean having the take the risk to cross the busy road.

On the hotel front and lobby area, it looks like 4 stars, but I would think this is a 3 stars hotel. Room wise, looks comfortable, wifi available in room. My worst experience in this hotel "BED BUGS", the bed looks comfortable enough for me to lie down and take my rest, it works well for the bed bugs too. Whole night was tossing and turning in bed, unable to even take a few winks because the bugs are "enjoying" itself. When I finally gave up, there were bites all over me. These tiny swollen areas are nothing more than bugs having a feast of a time, at my expense. Next morning, took my breakfast, there's reasonably good Chinese as well as western breakfast spread.

It's a lover-hate situation, You either love the hotel for it's tranquil location, if peace and loneliness is what you are looking at or Hate it !!!!! sacrifice your sleep because of BED BUGS.

Overall, nothing to explore around this area and I will not stay in this hotel again. There are better and cheaper options where there's more comfort & convenience.
Date of stay: December 2018
Room Tip: I would rather stay in hotels where it's more convenient.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1.9 km from Baohua Harbour View Hotel
    $83
14.0 km from Baohua Harbour View Hotel
View more hotels in Haikou
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 April 2017

This place is in a good location, across from a large park and within walking distance of an open air mall with lots of shops and restaurants. It is also within walking distance of a major intersection (Yusha Lu & Guomao Lu) that has lots of stores, nightclubs and places to eat.

We had a room with a view of the city, but you could see the sea in the distance from the elevator lobby on our floor.

The lobby of the hotel is opulent and makes you think that this is an upscale hotel. The room, however, was modest but fine (see my photos). The mattress was harder than I like, but that's the way it usually is in China.

We experienced no problems and were happy with our stay. We would stay here again.

[Note: I don't know if the staff speaks English - My wife did all the speaking in Mandarin.]

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JamieNYC
Reviewed 29 March 2016 via mobile

Convenient. Shops and eateries within a short walking distance. Popular hotel for mainland tourists. Wi-fi in rooms seem erratic. Easy to take cabs to and from the hotel but do note the occasional traffic jams. Thai Restaurant in hotel seems a bit expensive. Breakfast at the hotel so-so

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank PhilipChan
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The staff are friendly and keen to help but almost no english is spoken! It can be quite a struggle to communicate.
The hotel is well located, opposite a huge park which borders the water; ideal for walking.
Our room was adequate, small but clean and no traffic noise as we were on the back side, away from the busy main road. Another time I would pay extra for the view of the park.
Food is quite OK, the breakfast buffet adequate, with a mix of western and local dishes. The Thai restaurant is quite good too.
WiFi was available in our room after we requested they install a router; slow connection though.
The pool was empty and friends reported that the gym is not in use either.
On checking out we booked a taxi to the airport; this cost us an extra twenty yuan above the standard rate, which we saw the driver hand to the concierge staff; this is China!

Room tip: Pay extra for the view of the park.
Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Hasherd
Reviewed 18 December 2012

The location is very good but the service so far so good! Don't expect too much! The buffet breakfast not very good but OK!

The room is quite clean but noisy, you will hear some voice outside the door if someone walk-by! No wifi available in room, just public area, I.e. Executive floor (28/F), front desk & restaurants.

Room tip: Book a room with sea view & higher floor, it's worth!
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BKK_fanz
Reviewed 6 November 2012

This hotel is located near the city center, and has nice view from the room.
The lobby was nice and clean, and it was where I could use WIFI network provided by the hotel.
When I entered the room, I felt that the hotel is a little bit old, especially, the bathroom seems quite old.
In my room, I was able to use free wired internet, but WIFI was not available(only China Unicom WIFI was available, but for China Unicom customers).
Breakfast was not that bad, but it could not meet my standard for 4-star hotel.
Even though there were some that I did not satisfied with, however the hotel was a good choice, as the hotel is not that far from the company, and it offered affordable price.

Date of stay: October 2012