Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
YL Shanghai
San Francisco, California

First choice for any event

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Apr 2024
This venue is ideal for wedding or corporate event. We held a 3-day event there and I must say that I am extremely delighted for our choice. The service was impeccable with EVERY staff I encountered greeting me with my name, including event attendants, restaurant waitress, club lounge staff, golf cart drivers, and front door bell man. I must first give recognition to Amber of front office team. She was always available any time to respond to our needs, from transportation to laundry, or extension of our stay at midnight due to flight delay. Her service was very impressive. Mr. Terry Lin of F&B was another example of the highest quality of professional service. When he noticed my jacket was stained by red wine at the banquet, he volunteered to take it to dry cleaning and returned to my room the next day. Finally, I was really moved by a wonderful staff Ms. Chen Changfu at the Chinese restaurant. She noticed I had some coughing and provided me a cup of pear sugar soup to soothe my sore throat. I am sure such a wonderful team of staff will make Ritz Carlton Haikou stand out among so many 5-star hotels in Hainan Island.
Date of stay: April 2024
$116
No booking fees
  • Vio.com
View more hotels in Haikou
All reviews private pool perfect experience hotel door hainan island flair cathy villa leadership communication
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 April 2023 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 4 days. We traveled around Hainan Island and used this hotel as a home base. It’s close to the airport and the train station so it was easy to jump over to sanya or wanning for the day and then hop back to Haikou in the evening.

At the hotel, we enjoyed many of the amenities. We had a villa and loved swimming in the private pool. We enjoyed the daily fruit and paste ties and the afternoon tea. We also tried several of the restaurants and found them to be excellent. The Flair restaurant on the 20th floor was great and the bar was massive.

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2022

The Ritz in Haikou is there in name, uniform and design but the service and management is far from what one would expect from a Ritz Carlton. Avoid the Haikou property at all costs, you can get considerable more value for your money elsewhere in town.

Given the pandemic, there really is an opportunity for the Ritz Carlton to outshine its competitors in the greater Haikou area but the hotel's leadership has dropped the ball and has become largely absent, leaving most of the day to day challenges to an untrained crew.

Unfortunately the Renaissance next door has become a COVID quarantine hotel which I likely will never consider again. I will look more into other hotel options and will now consider Mission Hills Haikou Hotel over the Ritz Carlton as I am sure their service and amenities will be significantly better than what the rigid Ritz will provide.

Room tip: Consider the Mission Hills Haikou Hotel
Date of stay: July 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Catherine Xian, Guest Services / Front Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Haikou, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2022

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. Your satisfaction means a lot to us and I want to sincerely apologize for the experience you mentioned.
It is always an honor for us to be of your service and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Catherine Xian
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 10 June 2022

This time I chose the Ritz-Carlton, Haikou to spend my first anniversary with my partner, and I didn't make a mistake!

Once again, the hotel made me think how worthwhile it was to choose an important festival at Ritz!

From the communication before check-in, to the arrangements after check-in, room service, restaurant catering, spa services and final check-out, no place went wrong, it was just the perfect experience!

Of course, I had a few gentlemen and ladies who were particularly impressed with this stay.

Front desk: Howard, his Chinese name is Zhang Zehao. A very nice boy who treated members very carefully and prepared special photo frames and photos for our first anniversary.

At check-out, I met Owen. Throughout the whole process, we were taken care of asking about our stay experience and bidding us off at the hotel door and carrying luggage, which was really gentlemanly.

Cathy of the Western restaurant is the most professional manager I have ever met. Every move and every sentence makes us comfortable, how is this done? I was very impressed.

Haikou Ritz is the fourth stop of my Ritz tour, the spirit of service of gentlemen and ladies and the experience of home away from home, making me want to explore more Ritz hotels and explore different beauty.

Room tip: My room number 1016 i stayed is very nice!
Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 31 December 2021 via mobile

We had a FANTASTIC stay at the RC in Haikou! Beautiful hotel, amazing food, and the team could NOT be better! Everyone was so friendly, helpful, and professional.

One of the best RC experiences we’ve had, and we’ve been to RC all over the world.

THANKS TO: Sandra, the GM. She is awesome and has clearly built a wonderful staff and culture with her team. In the exec lounge: Matthew, Claire, Mandy, all were so inviting and helpful to my wife, our 2 daughters and me. Front desk: Nancy and Kevin, thanks! The entire staff was wonderful, we had nothing but positive experiences.

Thanks and we will be back!!!

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2021

Stayed at Ritz Carlton Haikou just for one night, however wish it was longer! Let me start with some points:

1) The staff are truly, truly service orientated and nothing is too much trouble. Special thanks to MATTHEW in the Club Lounge whom went above and beyong. Ritz Carlton Haikou you have a star in your hotel, please pass on my sincere thanks for his hospitality

2) Food and Beverage options in the lounge are excellent, high standard with plenty of variety

3) The Hotel decor and overall standard of the hotel is mind blowing. Seems a lot of money was spent on hotel and it shows

4) It is immediately next to a shopping village and duty free which is largely still under construction. Once this is opened shortly it will be a shoppers haven

5) The outlook from the hotel over the golf course is serene, just a great place to relax and kick back!

I would most definitely stay again and planning a longer trip to explore Haikou and of course enjoy the Ritz Carlton service.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Haikou, period.

Room tip: Club Lounge
Date of stay: July 2021