“Should be called Fishy restaurant street not Taiwan Snack Street.”

Taiwan Snack street
Ranked #36 of 257 things to do in Xiamen
Reviewed 4 November 2017

I was excited about visiting Taiwan Snack Street as I thought I would have the opportunity to try a wide variety of Taiwanese snacks especially as it’s a country renowned for unusual food crazes, however this was not the case.

The street is filled with countless fish stalls and restaurants – many of which are near replicas of all the fish restaurants you can find all over Xiamen. There was absolutely no variety and not a wide range of ‘snacks’ to sample either – mainly full dishes were what was on offer on my trip. It is a bright and vibrant street to walk through but not worth making a special trip for.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"selling"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

The snack street is near Zhongshan road, which has more variety and is slightly longer than the taiwan food street in Zhongshan road. For omelette, be sure to try the one in the photo. There is a nearby market that sells packed snacks for gifts, which are cheaper than the ones at Zhongshan and supermarkets.

1  Thank bokensha-kanji
Reviewed 19 April 2017

This is an open stall street market selling just about anything you want to eat, and it will be cooked right there, for you to your requirements. There was too much good stuff! I finally settled on a large deep fried squid. I probably should have had something smaller, and ate more of other things. It was good, with no intestinal problems.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

We visited at around 11am and there was plenty activity even for mid morning. Very nice to walk through and to see a lively market. Lots of food options and some little gift shops selling pearls and more dotted around. Some nice and some not so nice smells while walking through! Like a maze, try not to get lost in all the stalls!

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 October 2016

When my husband and myself were in Xiamen in mid-October, we decided to have a look at this famous Taiwan snack street.

The stalls did sell all kinds of snacks alright, such as peanut soup, xiamen spring rolls, sha cha mian, sandworm jelly, gulangyu fish balls, fried oysters omelet, mian xian hu and Chinese chives bun etc.

Some stalls also sold satay skews: beef, pork and mutton.

We looked at one of the stalls' display and ended up not going inside, as it looked kind of dirty. My husband was afraid that we would end up with the runs after we ate the foods.

3  Thank singaporeguest2009