“Excellent Public Transport System”

Ranked #133 of 359 things to do in Dubai
Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

Dubai govt ( public) bus services, managed by RTA are as efficient as the metro services are.We travelled extensively in Dubai Buses. They are crowded during office hours .
Now metro shuttle service , with blue coloured buses , has been introduced to help people reach nearest metro stations quickly.
Like metro ,RTA buses also do not have reserved seats for elderly people.RTA should look in to this urgently
Another problem is Nol cards by which one travels in the bus us not available in buses.One as to go to the metro station to get the card and then use in buses as well as in metro.This puts off new comers as well as tourists in the city. RTA Authorities should issue Nol cards in buses as well.

Date of experience: January 2017

Reviewed 22 September 2016

I wish the person from London who wrote ordinary transport ,tell me where can I get leather recliner seats someone selling soft drinks and crisps sandwiches, sweets .on a bus in the UK come again ,please do not be put off by her or his comments see for yourself 1 and a half hours and as cheep as chips for the journey, then get a taxi to the emirates palace or the Etihad towers and take the lift to the top great views over Abu Dhabi and have afternoon tea great for a day out away from Dubai.

2  Thank beenhere9
Reviewed 12 August 2016

I always ride a BUS and one of the driver seems doesn't have any concern about the passenger, when you inquired about bus route there was no desire and willing to help they're not even smiling, it seems they are not very happy of what they are doing, very poor service, I have once ask the driver to drop me in the bus stop but he immediately refused and he rudely say no even if you say please, they only care about the their next destination the passenger is the last priority... at least SMILE!!!!

Reviewed 7 August 2016

We used the bus service from Dubai Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Abu Dhabi for a day out. The buses were on time and got us from A to B with no issues. The buses were air conditioned but could do with some updating.

We were going to Ferrari World and asked the bus driver to stop earlier on the way there so we didn't have to go all the way into Abu Dhabi (1 hour 15 minute trip, 25 dirhams per person). On the way back tho we had to get a cab to Abu Dhabi bus station to get the bus back ( 2 hour trip, 25 dirhams per person).

I would use it again as it saved me a lot of money on the taxi fare from Dubai to Abu Dhabi and it was a reliable service. It also meant that as we were not on a pre booked tour of Abu Dhabi so we were free to get cabs around Abu Dhabi and do our own sightseeing on our time table.

TIP: if you are a woman there are seats reserved for women and families in the front of the bus and if single men have taken these seats you can ask them to move.

5  Thank Roxy55
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

So pleased about their kindness for being helpful to locate my possession which was found and delivered to a RTA Lost and Found Items Dept. at Rushidiya by an Indian Bus Driver.

My possession was left behind in the Bus by myself.

The following day I spoke to another Indian Bus Driver on the same Bus about that, straightaway He assisted for me to follow the procedure for making a toll free call on 800 9090 to register my lost item, so I did call RTA Lost and Found Dept. and after registering with RTA they notified me so efficiently within two days that they have found my lost item and requested me to collect at my convenience from RTA Lost and Found Items Dept. at Rashidya.

That was very impressive and was chuffed by their willingness to help us all plus their hospitality, so on that note please accept my Truthful Appreciations to entire RTA Staff and wishing them well to continue with their good work for ever.

Good Luck and God Bless