4,095 results
All reviews jebel ali captains bar white orchid all inclusive package la traviata palm tree court peacock lounge sports bar mushref bar shooting club a garden view room shooting range elemis toiletries a la carte restaurants dubai centre great holiday courtesy bus
Reviewed 19 April 2018

Just returned from another lovely week at JA Beach Hotel.
The staff are all really friendly and can’t do enough for you.

It’s the perfect place to relax and recharge you batteries.
There’s regular free transport to the malls so you can do as much or as little as you want.
The all inclusive is great. You have a choice of restaurants, buffet and open air eating places by the beach. Also a good range of quality drinks.

Our only criticism is that smoking is still allowed in the outdoor dining areas which can be a little unpleasant while you are eating.

We love this place and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Mark I, Resort Manager at JA Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Dear KandA40,

I am delighted that you have come back to stay with us again. As you rightly highlight, the All Inclusive a great option.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Wow it’s just a stunning place to come. I’ve been coming to PTC for over 6 yrs and we come 3 times a year. This is my first review by the way !!
This place reminds me of the Caribbean but in Dubai, the beach stretches over some distance. Having the beach bar with its top man.With beautiful sunsets to be had at the beach bar, which you don’t want to miss by the way.
We came for Easter 18 it was fabulous as always with lunch with activities for the kids and the band and singers on stage for the whole family.
We stay in royal jasmine suites and all inclusive which entitles you to have a separate pool with butlers and a lounge called signatures. This also includes resistance suites too.
The butler team is managed by the one and only Islam. He and his team with deependra (deep) provide you with the best top quality service possible, to me, they are outstanding in what they do for their customers.
The food is amazing from white orchid with felix looking after you to captains with Lesley looking after you and so on. With signatures bar/ food staff rish and Alwin .
Can I also mention the best chef with the fillet steak and scallops, has to go to gayan .The reason I have mentioned these names is only because only 2 years ago my son was diagnosed with autism and adhd.
All the JA team absolutely bend over backwards to help with my boy with his food requirements and his behaviour. They are so understanding, which helps when your on holiday and have people commenting about your son being naughty
So the kids club is next, wow what can I say ? As the whole team who is lead by Natalie have accommodated for his needs and adapted with him over the years, which I’m so grateful for . They do so many activities throughout the day which keep my son and others entertained. They are fantastic. Also the kids club staff do babysitting which my boy has too,they are amazing in what they do. My boy had Silvie this time and wow what a fantastic job she did. Thank you from the bottom of my heart it means a lot to go out with a child who’s happy with their childminder.
Captains bar is fun at night with Lesley and his team, sajith being one who entertains my boy when choosing from the menu.
This place to me is so recommended for families as also they have the golf, horse riding and so so so much more activities, it really is worth a visit. To me it was a one and only visit as always stopping at JBH I was dubious but no I actually love this place to bits, that’s why we come here so regular.
UPGRADES NEEDEDED: not to be horrible but to me being a 5 * resort maybe some refreshments in the toilets in signatures like deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush.
Also I noticed there wasn’t no pizza on the menu in the day time, it’s gone, I don’t eat breakfast and would only like a snack with my kids during the day . So the pizza would make sense for me being always being all inclusive. We do miss the seafood pizzas.
They could also include another pool situated outside of residence. May be also include a little kids swimming area where the crazy golf is too as no one uses it .
Also last comment toilet facilities to be spress more openly near restaurants and beach would help a great deal .
Customer miss Faye

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Faye M,

I am delighted that you have come back to stay with us again. As you rightly highlight, we are a family oriented resort and looking after children is something teh team loves to do, so it is great to see that you feel relaxed and at home when staying with us. The team is also very appreciative of your praise.

We very much appreciate your suggestions and I wish to reassure you that all your points are on a list for us to review internally. Coincidentally, we do pizzas for lunch again so your pizza cravings can be sated very easily!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Just had our forth holiday at JA beach hotel noticed this time rooms not looking up to scratch very poor we had beach front room but found the noise from staff early (6.30am) cleaning the grounds and pools too much better facing car park quieter. Food and staff second to none excellent Manoj from Anchor bar excellent and Sunil on beach took very good care of us thank you all.

Stayed: March 2018

Dear Agnes T,

Thank you for your feedback and I am delighted to see that you have highlighted such positive aspects of your stay in regards to the culinary and service teams.

Your comments about the room have been noted for our further internal discussion and I was also concerned to note that you were disturbed by our groundsmen and for this I sincerely apologise, as you should have been able to have a quiet and relaxing stay. I have addressed this issue with the team accordingly and wish to reassure you that this is an isolated case.

We do look forward to being able to welcome you back in a more positive light in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Ok. First thing is that I’m not a snob and overall I’ve never written a review that isn’t excellent (my philosophy is to praise the great places I’ve been, not necessarily comment on those where my experience wasn’t great).
Our previous Dubai experience has been 2 family holidays to the Atlantis hotel on the palm. The rest of the family would have gone back there, I pushed for trying somewhere else and we ended up the Jebel Ali Golf resort.
First the positives.
The staff and service is good, as highlighted by many reviews - we had 2 rooms next to each other, but not interconnecting, but the reception team were able to move us to interconnecting rooms on the first day after we arrived which was great of them.
Overall the staff are very friendly and make an effort to be welcoming and helpful.
Some of the restaurants are great. The offsite steakhouse ‘shooter’ was excellent and the floating fish restaurant ‘Divaz’ was good too.
The gym is great with good cardio and weight areas.
I had a round of golf (9 holes) and it was excellent. Course was great and all the team very helpful. It was actually really good value at about £45 for golf, club rental and buggy.
My wife had an amazing massage at the Spa - really great (Balinese massage)
Now the not so greats.
It is tired.
No question. I totally understand the cost of maintaining a property like this (and am comparing to the Atlantis) but if a hotel is claiming to be five star then in my mind you expect (and are paying for) exceptional. Our bathroom tiling grouting was crumbling and the swimming pool swim up bar was desperately in need of a ‘trusted trader’ tiled to give it a kiss of life.
Antiquated IT
Booking the restaurants was a chore, took ages at reception confirming our emailed bookings, on a couple of evenings despite us having email confirmation the restaurants didn’t have our booking. it’s 2018! Resorts like Sani in Greece have an interactive app you book in seconds, just felt very slow.
Having commented on the good unfortunately the breakfast buffet is average at best, it’s chaos in the mornings, we are a family of 5 and had to queue for a table 4 of the 8 mornings there. For a 4 star it’s ok but for 5 star the pastries are tired, the juice is from concentrate, the queue for an omelette is a mile long! (Omelette guy deserves a medal, there are 2 omelette stations but only one open and he must have made hundreds each morning!!)
I was unwell for 24 hours after eating at the Easter lunch event, probably my fault for having seafood in the middle of the day at 30+ degrees. However I wasn’t the only one there were several families saying the same the next day.
All inclusive - but not all is included?
We had some confusion with our holiday agent over which restaurants were included, however I’m blaming the agent for that. But there is a myriad of systems here.
Standard bookings/Peacock lounge/All inclusive/jasmine/signature.
Maybe I’m being simplistic but the point of booking all inclusive is to relax, not spend your time understanding what is included and what isn’t!!
Whilst I was checking out a frustrated couple were patiently explaining to the concierge that they had spent 45 minutes booking dinners for the week with him on the first day and on the first two nights the restaurants had no record of the bookings!
Rooms
We had interconnecting sea view rooms, my main complaint was that they are small, with tiny balconies. The bathrooms are shower in bath and again small. Not bad but in my opinion not 5 star.
Overall
For me 5 star means excellent, the website and on site advertising frequently claim to be the best in Dubai. It’s patently not.
If you get a great deal and are looking for some sun, ok accommodation and reasonable food then this is fine.
I believe to be a 5 star hotel it is more than that and you shouldn’t be made to work things out.
I’m not a complainer and didn’t seek out hotel management about the issues as they are non specific for resolution and far more general about a hotel that claims to be one level, and doesn’t live up to it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Mark I, Resort Manager at JA Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Happytravellingman76,

Thank you for staying at our resort and taking the time to write such detailed feedback.

Guest feedback is of the utmost importance to our quality initiatives and we take all comments very seriously. I am delighted to read that our associates were able to deliver service to a level you expected, but at the same time I am sorry to read that some of your expectations were not met on this occasion.

I have taken note of your comments with regards to the rooms looking tired and the swimming pool needing some TLC. I wish to assure you that these areas have been identified for improvement and we are working on a plan to address the points you have raised.

Without knowing the exact dates of your stay I have assumed that you were staying over the Easter/UK holiday period when the resort was full. We do try to accommodate all guests, but when a large number of guests all want to eat at the same time, it can be challenging to seat everyone at the same time, so we do ask for guests to be patient. The buffet has a wide selection of choice, but if the pastries were not at their optimum presentation and the queue for for an omelette was too long, then this is not the standard that we wish our guests to experience and I do apologise for this lapse in service and attention to detail.

In regards to your comments about not feeling well, we have not received any feedback of this nature and the feedback we did receive from guests was that they thought the buffet was fantastic - I personally spoke to a number of guests to ascertain how they were enjoying their lunch and they couldn't praise the culinary team highly enough. It is unfortunate that we were not made aware of your situation, so we could properly look into your concerns.

I was also alarmed to read that your restaurant bookings were not able to be identified on arriving for dinner. I have addressed this with the team and wish to assure you that this is not our usual standard of service that we offer our guests. We do not want guest requests to be mislaid and I do apologise for this shortfall.

The All Inclusive package is excellent value and we do endeavour to clearly explain how it works on check-in. We benchmark our offering with comparable packages and we are very much unique in the market with what we offer and it is popular among many of our returning guests and travellers alike.

Our room features and size our sold with great transparency, so it is disappointing that your travel agent did not explain the size and features to you before confirming the booking, as this information is at their fingertips and also readily available on our website.

I do understand that we have not met your expectations and while we know that every guest has a point of view about what 5 star means, your feedback has certainly been taken on board and we will be working on some points you have highlighted which were already in the planning for this year.

Had we been able to discuss your points of concern early in your stay, we may have been able to find a way to address them, as we always encourage guests to tell us how they are feeling and what they are thinking as it happens, rather than waiting until they have departed.

I do understand that you may be hesitant to continue staying with us again, but we would relish an opportunity to welcome you back to the resort in a more positive light.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Thank you to all the staff at Jebel Ali Beach Hotel. You helped make our holiday one to remember! Special thanks go to Nilam at IBN Majed and Chefs Mansour and Abdu at La Fontana for looking after our dietary needs so fantastically! To lifeguards Ashen and Casen for ensuring our children had the best holiday possible. And to Douglas in reception for taking care of all our travel plans when we unexpectedly needed to fly home early. The accommodation and facilities are great. All the staff are very helpful and friendly - from cleaners to hospitality. Highly recommended - we would love to visit again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank LouiseL3000

Dear LouiseL3000,

Thank you for staying with us and recognising the great job our associates do every day. They are always chuffed to read such feedback.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again.