1,453 results
All reviews villa maria salt water sea view half board the bus bars and restaurants old town pool bar travel kettle storage space sea water thomson rep building work the main hotel plenty of sunbeds second week breakfast and dinner
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I wonder if I stayed in the same hotel as some of the people writing reviews. In my view and I am well travelled the Grand Hotel Park is 4* plus. The pool area is spotless, always bed chairs available with soft pads and two towels provided. There is also a beautiful indoor pool, a spa, jacuzzi, saunas and a fully equipped gym. The room was basic but comfortable and the shower was large with jets!! The food was good and very hot for buffet food. There were four or five choices of main course, salads, vegetables galore (not over cooked but as they should be, al dente). Breakfast was amazing, everything you could desire from cheeses and meats, filled croissants, an omelette chef and eggs cooked every way and a pancake maker!! I booked the trip as a package with Tui cruise and the package was very reasonable so I didn’t expect a lot. It was an amazing holiday and the hotel is fabulous value. Yes the drinks are expensive but if you venture out of the hotel they are just as expensive and if you go anywhere half board bottled water is not included. I would definitely recommend this hotel. It is located in a lovely area and handy for all amenities.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Odyssey360042
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I read the reviews before we went on holiday and was a little bit dubious as to what to expect.
I can honestly say that the previous reviews were rubbish. It’s 4* all the way with decor, room, pool and food.
I think other people had not been to high class resorts in the world they are expensive. You don’t go to st marks square and expect to get a coffee for £2.50!
There was a variety of food at dinner and breakfast from breads, cereals, cakes, salad to hot food if u like it. There was even a pancake machine that was easy for use even for me.
The pool was not salt water as I’d read previously. The sun-beds were comfortable and numerous. Only gripe was that we were expected to return the towels and cushions on leaving the pool area.
The pool restaurant served delicious food and offered a nice shaded area.
The room was fine we didn’t hear anyone in the other rooms but someone did have about 4 tiny barking dogs which I thought was slightly naughty. That was only for one night. The bathroom was fine. The shower was fun to leave on the jet setting so that my mum got soaked a couple of times.
All in all I had great time

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Victoria C
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Can’t beat this hotel for location..right by the beach and restaurants, bars , gift shops all close by. Close to a bus stop where you can easily get into Dubrovnik old town area .
Hotel itself is ok I wouldn’t say 4 star more 3. The breakfast is fine but the dinner for me wasn’t that great but then I am quite fussy. Bit mean that you can’t even get a free water or coffee with your evening meal but hey ho. Prices for drinks n lunch aren’t cheap but aren’t in my opinion but too bad in line with the general prices now it seems in this area. The restaurant staff were friendly but the bar service was very slow at times.The pool area is nice, loads of beds and they issue you with towels, pads and covers. Pool quite cold even though very hot weather. Nice to have option of inside pool but didn’t use it.

Lack of storage in the bedroom and the shower cubicle is something else...took us ages to figure out how to use it and soaked ourselves whilst doing so. The main thing with the rooms though were the THIN walls I have never ever known anything like it...you literally can hear all conversation etc in the rooms next to u very easily! Bit off putting to be quite honest. Because of the location and if the price was right I’d probably stay here again but jury not returned on that one completely because of the room!! We were lucky this time we didn’t have noisy neighbours but if we’d had......???

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cabbie61
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Food very poor
Breakfast if you like eggs this is the place for you
Dinner very limited cold and vegetables are raw
All drinks with your meals have a charge even bottles of water
Prices for drinks are expensive
Room ok
This hotel is down as a 4**** at best it’s s 2**

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Visited early August, family with two children 17 & 12.

The hotel is in a great location, only a 10 minute taxi or bus ride to the old town. There is also only a 5 minute walk to the cobbled beach with restaurants and water inflatable park, jet skis etc. Very close to a good supermarket and lots of restaurants.

The pool area is a bit dated but pleasant and never had a problem getting 4 sunbeds together.

The rooms are adequate albeit not cleaned particularly well. Aircon was very good and WiFi worked throughout most of the hotel. The shower cubicle was tiny and needs upgrading.

The food was not great. Breakfast was ok but we never saw the chef making omelettes although he was setting up most days. The pancake machine was the highlight.

Dinner was average but very similar each evening. The drinks were very expensive and the staff were not particularly friendly. We were told off for drinking from our own water bottle one evening, perhaps if the drinks were not so expensive would not have been an issue. Never been scolded at a 4 star hotel before!!

Dubrovnik was great but could not honestly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family