All reviewsvilla odakpiano baradriatic seapalm terracestone patioroman bathhotel restaurants arebeautiful hotelroped off swimming arearoom service one eveninghotel is newly renovatedsingle duvetswater leakingwithin close walking distanceold cityold wingfour seasons
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Excelsior offers gorgeous rooms, views and a short walk to Dubrovnik’s old city. The staff is well trained and friendly. The breakfast is terrific and you get to eat it on a terrace overlooking the Adriatic Sea! Great gym. Amazing pool.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
EXC_Dubrovnik, Hotel Director at Hotel Excelsior Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear BarbKnowles,
Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Excelsior and taking your time to share your experience! We are glad that you liked our breakfast offer. Also, it is nice to hear that you were satisfied with your room as well as with our location and facilities. In the end I would like to thank you for mentioning our staff and for sharing that they were friendly. We are happy indeed that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you in our hotel again.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights for our honeymoon! It’s nice well located! Nice views! Very expensive to have a non sea view. The hotel breakfast it’s very good. The bakery could be better. The rooms are nice.
This was our 7th hotel during our 40 days trip among Europe, we enjoyed the views.
We were expecting a little touch from the hotel knowing we were on Honeymoon, but we didn’t receive it.

Stayed: May 2018

Dear WorldTravelJoined,
Thank you for choosing Hotel Excelsior for your honeymoon and writing such a positive review about our hotel!
We are glad that you liked our breakfast offer. Also, it is nice to hear that you were satisfied with your room as well as with our location.
Also, thank you for your valued feedback. It is an excellent tool for our hotel team to learn more about our Guests' experiences and ensure we continually seek to create the highest standards of service in all aspects of our guests' stay. I am saddened to read that your overall experience in relation to the service provided by our Staff did not meet your expectations. These are definitely not the standards we are promoting, and, in the majority of cases – delivering.
Once more we would like to thank you for staying with us, and we truly hope that we will have opportunity to welcome you again in near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2018

Witlin minutes from the old town. Crystal clean water you can dive in from the waterfront terrace . The hotel doesn’t have a sand beach but we did not feel missing it. Excellent quality bedding- still wander which brand they have.My wife and I love it.One of the only two hotels in the area with a parking.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank stoyanov2013
EXC_Dubrovnik, General Manager at Hotel Excelsior Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear stoyanov2013,
I would like to thank you for staying with us and for writing a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you liked our location. We are happy indeed that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you in our hotel again.
Thank you once again for staying with us, and we hope to be your hosts again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

My wife and I recently spent 4 nights at Excelsior Dubrovnik on a long weekend and we truly enjoyed our stay. A combination of 2 buildings, an old one and a more recent tower, the hotel has certainly one of the best locations among the city's hotels, offering marvelous views of the old town while 5 minutes away from the city center. In terms of comfort, service and amenities Excelsior Dubrovnik is clearly a 5-star hotel. Our room - located in the more charming old building - was spacious enough with a small balcony facing the sea. I definitely recommend choosing a room with sea view although the balcony's size does not allow to put a table or even a chair (rooms with larger balconies / small terraces exist). The room had a classic decoration in dark grey and white tones, a large and comfortable bed, modern furniture and a relatively small bathroom with marble-clad walls (beware of water leaking out when having a shower). I particularly liked the elegantly decorated bar and restaurant areas adjacent to a beautiful terrace where you can take a look at pictures of celebrities - Jackie Kennedy, Sophia Loren, Liz Taylor, ...- who stayed at the hotel. Efficient, professional and smiling staff everywhere, from housekeeping to breakfast service. The hotel has a large indoor pool next to the well-equipped spa but no outdoor pool. However, the lower deck / terrace directly opening onto the sea is truly unique and probably the best possible way to enjoy the pristine water of the Adriatic Sea. Very good breakfast: great red fruit smoothie but rather limited selection of pastries (to be improved). We had dinner outside everyday. Therefore, I cannot comment on the restaurants. Excelsior Dubrovnik is a great place for a short or a longer stay and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

Room Tip: Get rooms with larger balconies / small terraces
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Jean Francois V,
Thank you for choosing our Hotel Excelsior for your holiday in Dubrovnik and writing such a positive review about our hotel! I am glad that your holiday in our hotel was very special and that you were happy with your stay with us.
We are delighted to hear you want to come back again and we are looking forward to accommodate you in future!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with for a weekend with friends and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The hotel is very comfortable and luxurious and the location could hardly be better, a 5 minute walk from the Old Town walls. The terrace bar was good and I thought the breakfast was excellent - good quality and a huge range of foods to choose from. I have stayed in Dubrovnik in two different hotels in the chain, the Excelsior and the Dubrovnik Palace and found them both excellent. The Excelsior has the better location; the The Palace better for those travelling with children as it has an extensive outdoor pool complex.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends