“Cozy & Calm”

Ranked #61 of 418 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Price range: US$13 - US$60
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Hidden gem in the hearth of Old Town Dubrovnik!Restaurant Marco Polo is hidden in the hearth of the Dubrovnik Old Town, in a traditional courtyard of street called Lučarica. Small family restaurant is placed in a private and calm ambient and it offers oasis of busy streets to taste fish, meat and vegetarian specialties of the house.Here is the place where you can taste both traditional recipes from our grandmothers like mussels and seashells in traditional red or white sauce called ‘’Buzzara’’, traditional Black risotto or some of our modern dishes like Tuna Steak Precious Blue in sesame crust.Sharing our food and culture with people all around the world is inspiration for us. We use ingredients like Adriatic tuna, octopus, homemade anchovies, Croatian cheese, Oysters from Ston, extra virgin olive oil from Island of Korčula and lot of herbs to present you taste of our cuisine and culture.Accompanied with excellent Croatian wine, beer and homemade liquors be sure you will experience our past and future on a plate.
Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

Thanks to the reviews we went to Marco Polo, and certainly enjoyed ourselves! As soon as you walk in you can feel the difference from the rest of the restaurants, because most of them are in the middle of a noisy street with people walking by you all the time. Marco Polo is located in a very small alley so the noise from outside barely creeps in. We took our waiters recommendations for entrees & were not disappointed.  Teriffic Croatian food and wine. I give it five stars, thank you Trip Advisor!

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (995)

Reviewed 9 June 2021 via mobile

Not sure where to begin, but I'll try to do this place justice. We were having difficulty finding a decent place to eat because everything was so cramped and loud,it being the middle of the tourist season. After walking around the city, we kind of gave up and said we'll go in the first next place we see. The gods have apparently smiled on us because the very first next place was Marco Polo. It was so refreshing to see a quiet intimate spot in the middle of all the crowded surroundings. There were six of us and they had no problem combining an extra table for us to sit,and even though the place itself is quite narrow and small, all of us had enough room and the best thing - we could all hear eachother! It is so peaceful that we didn't have to shout and the background music was so calming. The food is unique, delicious, well seasoned and properly presented. They had no problem making some dishes gluten free, and we even got a complimentary shot of their carrot soup which is safe for vegans. We were a bit nervous upon arrival but the welcoming staff and the atmosphere calmed our nerves immediately. For the whole night we didn't feel like tourists because the staff is very relaxed,engaging but still professional. I would like to thank the staff of Marco Polo once again for surprising us with an amazing experience.

Reviewed 7 June 2021 via mobile

So many options for vegetarians and food was delicious. Theo explained us every plate and was super super nice. He recommended us dishes and was really attentive with everything. We totally recommend this place and we are definitely coming back again

Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

This quaint place made me very happy. The only thing I was unhappy about was the fact that I stumbled upon Marco Polo on my last night in Croatia! The restaurant has a very homely vibe, and the atmosphere is very intimate. I was surprised with a complimentary shot of their home made soup,which was a good sign for the rest of the dinner. I decided to go with seafood all the way through and I have to say, wow that was a good decision. I was thrilled with the size of the appetizer, the mussels in a white sauce,and had to ask for another basket of bread to scoop out all the delicious sauce..but THE TUNA! Their tuna steak is one of the best that I have ever had. It's covered in sesame seeds with a side dish of grilled veg, I devoured every bit of it even though I was quite full from the starter. The staff is amazing, very professional but still cracking a few jokes which made me feel very relaxed and wanted there. If you go there,the seafood is the way to go!

Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who just wants to enjoy great food and some quality time with their friends. The whole experience felt very personal because the staff was not reluctant to engage in a conversation with us and share a bit of local information about the city. The waitress was very warm and wrote down a few places for us to visit which tourists may not know about. They speak great english and make sure to walk you out with a smile and a goodbye! Love it!