“Couldn't have chosen a better place - superb”
other travellers have booked this property
bedroom livingroom
house
house
3D plan
ground plan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
SantosX
Bath, Great Britain
“Couldn't have chosen a better place - superb”
Reviewed 19 May 2011 for a stay in September 2010

I am sad to be JUST getting round to writing this review now (7 months after) when I wrote one about the inferior luxury hotel in Dubrovnik virtually straight away.

Perhaps I thought this place doesn't need a good review - either way, I've been lazy.

We (partner and I) stayed just over a week at this great apartment. A cleaner place you won't find. The welcome off the bus from Dubrovnik (an authentic cultural experience in itself!) was great as we got some good tips from Julijana on the fairly walk over.

The apartment is extremely well appointed in what I would say is very charming Croatian style from the fully equipped kitchenette to the bathroom. It was lovely having breakfast by the window listening to the sounds below of Old Town Split waking up.

There are some great places to eat within 100 yards, some within 10! We tried most and were not disappointed - all good value (although the service is quite relaxed in some, a nightmare to get a dessert and coffee sometimes).

There's 1 or 2 convenience stores handily nearby too (less than 5 mins walk) so we always did our own breakfast and sometimes lunch. A nice wine store or two as well and there are some VERY good Croatian wines to test.

The area is safe, very safe and handy for the Diocletian's Palace, ferry terminal, airport bus and the few small beaches. I caught a couple of Hajduk games while there and it took about 20 mins to walk there - Split seems a very compact city. We never used a bus once.
The market by the way is simply amazing, and again, close by the apartment. A larger one I haven't seen selling local produce (cheeses, meats, fruit and vegetables) as well as clothing, footwear.

To put into context, the apartment is 1 minute to the sea front; 5-10 mins walk to the centre of the Palace and maybe 10-15 mins walk to the market - but on the way you are walking past all the life on the Riva so it doesn't feel like anything at all.

The one time I needed Julijana she was very helpful (I'd forgotten the safe combination).

It was our home for a week and I could have stayed there months - ideal location, everything you would normally want in a place and a lovely host.

Everything it says it has and does in the ad will be correct AND working. Julijana is a lady of high integrity and you should not overlook this place if you're looking for a nice stay in the Old Town.

Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
A romantic getaway Older travelers

Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2010 for a stay in May 2010
person found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Location and wonderful thoughtful hostess.
Liked least: Nothing negative to say at all.
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Tourists
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing