Frederic Koklen
US$78
US$102
US$52
US$45
All reviewsboutique hotelfrench stylegreat hoteltempting selectionhome away from homepersonal notehighest qualitythree nightsprofessional servicecity gardenplace to staylocation was perfectsmall hotelreception staff areshort staybreakfast was excellentmajor attractions
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

This is my third stay at the hotel - why do I come back? I love the botique style of the hotel. The staff are so friendly and helpful here. It is a very short walk to the city centre - i like the little walk in as it gives me a snap shot of Odessa life. Tonight I decided to have a meal in and was treated with a delightful fillet mignon in the restaurant. This hotel is my go to place in Odessa. I also find it very reasonably priced.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Simon P
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

First off the staff are great. Plus they speak English! Rooms are comfortable but the smallest is a tight squeeze. Choice of shower or tub. A flatscreen TV if you want.
The restaurant is the best! Had a warm sea food salad. Nothing over cooked, the shrimp and mussels tender.
Although the location is slightly hard to find
It is actually close to town center.
For you coming by train, the station nearby.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank shrnkwrap
Reviewed 2 January 2018

The Frederic Koklen boutique hotel does just about everything right. I stayed there for four days in December and I liked everything about it from the friendly staff, and here I mean the security, the reception, right up to the manager, the excellent local buffet breakfast and to the stylish hallways and the perfect room!

I stayed in a junior suite, which felt like a room in a palace!

The hotel is an appropriate and classy place to stay in a city of the stature of Odessa.

In 2017, I stayed in a few 5-stars in different countries, but no experience matches what I had here.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Ajay K
Reviewed 30 November 2017

Disclaimer: I marked the price-range as luxury because it would be in comparison to prices in Odessa, however the prices are more than reasonable for a traveler from US or Western Europe.

My husband and I stayed here early to mid October 2017 in the English-style suite and it was an absolute treat! The staff is sincerely sweet and attentive to your needs. They will make sure your feel at ease and 100% comfortable. One day during our trip both of us managed to get sick from eating all the decadent Ukrainian food and the hotel staff took care of us as if we were their own children! Administrator Mariya was especially lovely and helpful throughout our stay at the hotel. Few more things are note-worthy about this fantastic place. The suites are extra-clean and very cozy. The detail and thought that was put into the interior design is incredible. Aside from the beautiful rooms, the hallways are also adorned with art and period-appropriate details. You really feel like your are visiting extended family in 19th-early 20th century Odessa. The housekeeping staff is a delight! Thorough and deliberate in their work. The location of the hotel is also fantastic. Although there was some construction on Preobrazhenskaya St. (the route I planned on taking originally to get places), there is another way to get from the hotel to all the major attractions though Sabaneev most. In fact, it is tucked away in the heart of charming Old Odessa, short walk from the nightlife and main streets, but far enough to enjoy peace and quiet, and the picturesque surroundings. Lastly, I would like to touch on the restaurant that is attached to the hotel. Sophie Cafe serves a delicious buffet-style breakfast of Odessa specialties that you can opt into when booking your hotel room. For dinner it is also a must-visit! With live music, wonderful staff, and the most exquisite dishes - it is a very memorable dining experience. The food was so good, we came back twice - something we never do when traveling!

Room Tip: Shower can be a little tricky to operate; make sure to put "clean my room" tag on the door if you want housekeeping done for that day.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mariya T
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Wonderfull boutique hotel , superb 5 star service , highly recommended. The only place to stay in Odessa . We had the pleasure of staying in one of their suites which also had a sauna in the bathroom . We will certainly visit again !!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business