“Charming right location in Antigua”
other travellers have booked this property
Garage and Patio
3rd Bedroom
One of the bathrooms
Patio
Stairs to Terrace
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Spanish first
Any
Aixaq
“Charming right location in Antigua”
Reviewed 6 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

I was very impressed with the location, and the overall feel of the home. Our family of 6 stayed at the house for 2 weeks during Christmas and New Year. The Owner Carlos and his wife Nancy left us a delicious Guatemalan bread as a welcome gift which we had the next morning of our arrival with some coffee. The house was completly equiped with everything we needed (internet/wifi, washer and dryer, parking for our rental car, hair dryer, iron and ironjng board, microwave, and even a cleaning crew service that came in once a week to wash linens and towels). We felt right at home within walking distance to La Merced and must of Antigua's main attractions. We enjoyed Antigua Guatemala and this beautiful house during our holiday vacation. Carlis even provided a tree stand for our Christmas tree we pyrchased at the local market a few blocks away. We are definitely coming back and staying in the house hopefully during Easter in the near future. Thank you Carlos and Nancy for making us feel right at home in your home.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
8 Jan 2015
Hi Karina, thanks for your comments, I really appreciate them. It was a pleasure to meet you and your family. Thanks for taking care of my house. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in the house and in Antigua. Please know that you are welcome anytime. I hope you and your family are able to come back again. Happy New Year! Sincerely, Carlos
Wificordo...
Guatemala
“Awesome house and weekend!”
Reviewed 4 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

The house is really beautiful and has everything you need for a pleasant stay. Carlos was really receptive while coordinating the whole stay.

The rooms were really nice and the house was clean. The kitchen was fully equipped.

I'd rent the house any day any time again!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
8 Jan 2015
Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you had a good time in Antigua and enjoyed the house. Thanks again and best regards, Carlos
froggyru5...
froggyru58
“The best find in Antigua!”
Reviewed 23 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

My husband, 26 year old daughter, 19 year old son and myself stayed at the house for two weeks in August. The house was perfect and had all the amenities (fully equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, easy internet access, 3 TVs, telephone, hair dryer, towels/linens, unlimited hot water, barbecue) for an extended stay. All rooms opened to the garden making the outdoor space as accommodating as the interior. There is also a rooftop terrace which we never really used since there was enough outdoor space on the first floor. The house was well decorated and comfortable. Sleeping was a joy since it was cool at night and blissfully quiet. The weather in Antigua was in the 70s during the day and low 60s at night year round.

Antigua is a beautiful oasis surrounded by volcanos. The house was close to everything (I am not a walker!) Just blocks to the markets, restaurants and the main square I enjoyed the large indoor market place which had fresh vegetables, fruit, meat and anything else you could imagine. The TukTuks were great when I had bags to carry back (more fun than an amusement park ride!). There are lots of small Guatemalan restaurants nearby and when we tired of Guatemalan food we went to Hector's Bistro for the best fillet mignon or the Luna de Miel for delicious crepes. My daughter was able to join a gym and find relatively hip coffee shop and bars within a few hour of arrival. While I tootled around the town my family went on several excursions (volcano treks, horse back riding, lakes) which were inexpensive and easily arranged through one of many small tour agencies. Both kids took Salsa lessons every day at a dance studio nearby the house. My favorite was the ice cream man with bells/music who came down our street every evening.

The best part of renting this property was Carlos and his wife Nancy! He made booking this property easy with one price and no hidden costs. He was extremely responsive with all communication and I was also able to talk to him on the phone (he has an US number) He arranged for all transportation to and from the airport accommodating all our schedules. Carlos and Nancy were available and help whenever we needed anything. But really the house and the town were easy to navigate on our own.

This house and Antigua were a great find and my only complaint is that we didn't stay longer. We were all getting into and enjoying the Guatemalan way of life. Muy tranquillo!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The location and the house
Liked least: Not enough time
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
8 Jan 2015
Hi Patti, It was great to meet your family. Thanks for your kind observations and comments. I hope you can come back some day and enjoy more of Antigua. Sincerely, Carlos
Rachel U
Washington, District of Columbia, District of Columbia, United States
“A Great Find...Antigua, The House and Carlos!”
Reviewed 22 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house, Antigua, Carlos
Liked least: Our stay was not long enough
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
27 Sep 2014
Hi Patti, thanks for great review and your comments. I really appreciate them. I'm glad the house met your expectations and needs. I hope you and your family can come back some day. You are welcome anytime. Thanks for taking care of our house. Best wishes! Sincerely, Carlos
MarkAA
Thousand Oaks, CA
“Great place to stay! Way better (and cheaper) than a hotel.”
Reviewed 6 September 2014 for a stay in July 2014

My wife & I, together with two teenage girls, stayed in this house in July. The house was great - even better than it looks in the pictures. Plenty of room for 4 people - the girls had separate bedrooms. Everything was clean and worked. The kitchen has pots and pans and everything you need. Propane BBQ on the patio. The bathrooms are lovely - with good water pressure and plenty of hot water (not always true in Guatemala). Carlos is extremely helpful and hospitable - really above and beyond the call of duty. After a week, I feel I have a new friend in Guatemala. The cleaning ladies Carlos arranged for were exceptionally sweet and did a great job. The location is great: a quiet neighborhood, within easy (5 minutes?) walking distance of the large marketplace, and within 15 minutes walk of anything in Antigua. We didn't have a car, and it wasn't a problem.

Travelling group: Teenagers
11 Sep 2014
Hi Mark, thanks for the great comments. It was great to meet you and your family. Thanks for your help and work in Guatemala. I really appreciate it. I hope you can come back again soon. You'll be welcomed any time! Sincerely, Carlos
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing