“Excellent and socially responsible ”
Review of Sobremesa

Sobremesa
Ranked #26 of 438 Restaurants in Antigua
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Description: We believe in serving you dishes that are more than just delicious, they are something you've never had before and will never have anywhere else. They are new, original, and out of the ordinary because, as an art gallery restaurant, we want you to enjoy not just art that you can see and hear, but taste as well. #algodiferente #sobremesa
Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

Sobremesa is one of the top restaurants in Antigua for many reasons. International cuisine, great service and environment, the original ice cream flavors and the many paintings in the walls. I admire the owner Alex, the creative mind behind this place and who gives back to the local community (in silence, and because of that I want to recognize it), I've seen him at night giving food to homeless people in the park and that tells you a lot of a person.

Date of visit: November 2015
IcookUnicorns, Owner at Sobremesa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2016

Thank you. I'm afraid I have been thinking for a while about how best to respond, because I feel a little embarrassed. I love doing what I do and am glad people see it, and I hope others will do it too, but I feel funny talking about it. I really appreciate your review.

Reviewed 25 January 2016

Why is this fabulous restaurante only rated number 10? We had one of the finest meals we had in our 18 days in Guatemala. The menu is diverse and unique. The combinations of foods, spices and sauces are something to be experienced. It is a feast to explore the menu with Alex the owner. (Try to go when he is there.). Everyone in our group had only wonderful things to say about their meal. The dessert menu is one of the highlights of going to Sobre Mesa. When in Antigua, this place is a must for exceptional food, fun and enjoyment.

Date of visit: January 2016
IcookUnicorns, Owner at Sobremesa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2016

That really means a lot to me, thank you! And I'm so glad you liked our sobremesas!

Reviewed 24 January 2016

The food is great, the atmosphere is beautiful, the staff is amazing and Alex is awesome! Enough said. See you next time!

Date of visit: January 2016

Thank you very much! I'm going all red :)

Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

They serve flavors you'll likely never have tasted before. My favorite was the Cuban: raisins, rum, and tobacco. Buy the ice cream and enjoy it in the shade of the leafy trees in the parque central.

Date of visit: December 2015
IcookUnicorns, Owner at Sobremesa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2016

Thank you very much! I really appreciate that, and I'm proud to say those raisins are really figs imported from Turkey, macerated in Zacapa, a 23-year-old dark rum!

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

Excellent food and service!! The place is really nice and cozy. They have a wide variety of exotic ice creams which are delicious.

Date of visit: December 2015
IcookUnicorns, Owner at Sobremesa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2016

Thank you! I really appreciate that :)