All reviews pancakes yogurt visiting family room was clean nice surprise front desk staff would stay here again short drive off the highway worcester area sized bed turkey sausage the entire hotel free breakfast hot tub the breakfast area staff was friendly
Reviewed 28 October 2018

We booked a block of rooms with Director of Sales Katie Deasey in July of 2017 for my daughter’s Saturday, October 20, 2018 wedding. At that time we were told that although early check-in was not guaranteed, our guests would be able to check in early if rooms were prepared for occupancy. Fast forward to early this month when we discovered that Katie had moved on, and her replacement, Dawn Ryan, was now telling us that no guests would be allowed to check in before 3 PM. We had arranged shuttles for our guests beginning at 1:45 PM, with the last one leaving at 3:15 PM for the 4 PM ceremony. Although HIE relented and allowed a number of our guests to check-in early (many rooms were unoccupied Friday night), some had been given the incorrect information and felt the need to drive to the venue, negating the convenience of the shuttles. We were also informed by some of our guests that when they returned to the hotel, the lobby was so noisy that a call to AAA had to be made from outside. Another reported that there was a conga line in the hallway of their room. These were apparently guests from one of two other wedding blocks. So if you’re booking for a wedding, roll the dice.

Room tip: Book your wedding guests elsewhere.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2018

Hi Discover746160,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience online. While it is nice to know that our location was convenient for your needs, I am very sorry that the level of service you have received did not exceed your expectations.

This matter has been addressed with our managers, and I am confident that the hotel will use your comments to improve guest satisfaction. I have also sent you a private message to discuss this further, and regain your trust in our hotel. We value your patronage, as well as your opinions. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back and show you how great our hotel is.

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The morning hot free breakfast was great. I only have 1 concern because I was checking out and my friend was waiting at the counter since the computer was acting up and I stepped away for a moment and she shared while standing there the female employee had acted unprofessional by commenting about holy rollers to the male employee. Staff and customer service is a reflection of your hotel and letting you know because comments can be hurtful & offensive and as an establishment this type of attitude and behavior should not be displayed in front of customers.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2018

We have been to so many Holiday Inn Expresses over the years, they start to look alike. Staff was friendly and the rooms were clean with firm beds. The morning breakfast consisted of the usual eggs, breads, pastries and more.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night during a business trip to the area. Hotel sits off the main road so it’s quiet at night it close to the highway for easy travel. Room was clean, updated, and AC worked well. Breakfast in tree morning had plenty of options and the breakfast area, while busy, was kept clean and picked up. I would stay here again if needed.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2018

We stayed here one night and it was clean and the staff was nice. Those are two important things I look for in any hotel. I never give a 5 because I don't ever think anything is "perfect". But, I would stay here again if ever in the area. I loved the quiet area is was set in!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends