All reviews pancakes yogurt visiting family room was clean nice surprise front desk staff would stay here again short drive off the highway great breakfast worcester area sized bed turkey sausage the entire hotel free breakfast hot tub the breakfast area
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Stayed here 2 nights while attending my niece's wedding. It's your typical Holiday Inn Express. I didn't expect a 4-star hotel or amenities. At an affordable price point, all I seek is a clean room with no bugs and I'm happy. And the Holiday Inn Express provided that and ample amenities, soap, shampoo, conditioner in the bathroom and a coffee maker that I actually used and a fridge that actually came in handy to store my bottled water. I asked for extra towels and got them.

I'm giving this place 3 stars because the room smelled musty and stale and my camera charge was stolen. I left my Nikon camera charger in the room charging. When I called to inquire, I really got the run around. They were too busy to help me, but would look and call me back. Then they didn't call me back. When I called back the front desk person said, "Oh yeah, I looked. It wasn't there." I suggested that she could start off by apologizing for never calling me back. She did, but only because I insisted. Bottom line: my charger was stolen.

Shortly after, I left the entire camera in a timeshare in Mexico (yeah, I'm forgetful) and you'd think that would definitely be a lost cause, but that establishment sincerely cared about the situation staying on the phone with me for 20 minutes to get all the details, they then found the camera, kept it in a secure place and mailed it back to me via DHL. All I can say is I'm so glad I didn't leave that camera at the Holiday Inn in Massachusetts but by good fortune, forgot it in Mexico that clearly gets a bad wrap when maybe that should be aimed a little closer to home.

Room tip: Room 116 is right off the lobby so can be a bit noisy and there was a musty stale smoke smell.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Kathy K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Hi Hosteltribe,

First let me say how sorry I am about your experience. If you could reach out to me via email and let me know exactly who you spoke to in regards to your charger that would help immensely.

This is not the way we want to conduct business and these issues will be addressed immediately. I hope in the future if you are in the area you will give us another chance and stay again with the stay that you would and our team would expect.

Best Regards,

Kathy K
kkirk@roedelcompanies.com

Reviewed 3 July 2018

I arrived to check into the hotel and mentioned to the girl at the front desk that I was there for my anniversary and asked where the hot tub was located. The girl said that it was not working and thinks that it may need a new motor. I said oh no that stinks because it was mine and my husband's anniversary and that was the only reason we booked that hotel. The girl proceeded to look at my reservation and said I could still cancel it and get a refund but I would need to contact expedia as that is where I booked it through. I thanked her and left. I then proceeded to call expedia, who said that as it was already charged by the hotel they would contact the hotel directly to issue me the refund. They called and spoke with a Kevin who said that he had processed the refund. I waited until 6/25 to call the hotel as I still had not seen the refund processed. I was told Kevin doesn't come in until after 2, and transferred to his voicemail so I left a message. I did not receive a call back that day or the next day. I called again on 6/27 in the afternoon and was told that Kevin was still not there but that I could leave another message, so I did. Still no response. I called the next day and asked for a general manager, there wasn't one there. One time the receptionist said she would hand deliver the message to Kevin to make sure he called. I contacted expedia again and they reached out to the hotel, Kevin got back to them (funny he can call them but not me) and said they weren't going to issue a refund as the cancellation didn't meet their policy requirements. This is AFTER he told them he had processed it!! Expedia is still trying to help me but it appears that no matter when you contact the hotel there is never a manager available to speak with. Also don't expect the hot tub to be working. Worst customer service experience I have ever encountered as I don't appreciate being lied to or ignored.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank WHITNEY M
Kevin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Good day WHITNEY M

Thank you for your feedback. It appears your refund has been issued and you are all set. For future reference, third party reservations are non refundable. As a courteous gesture the hotel reserves the right to not charge for certain situations. I apologize for the staff member who initially told you they would not charge, as they are not authorized to make those decisions. I will be speaking with the staff to ensure that these types of situations do not happen in the future so that we can all avoid the confusion.

Thanks

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Front desk staff was fine but it seemed anytime I asked them a simple question they did not know the answer or they acted kind of bothered. IE Room amenities, local shops.
Basically, received same experience with 3 different women at front desk.
I saw a guest tell one of them that her room was still dirty (in the bathroom). The rep. responded "Oh, sorry, the maids left for the day, maybe we can try to clean it in the morning?. "
There was no offer to change rooms or resolve the problem that day.

On the positive side,
our room was clean and beds were comfortable.
There was a male janitor who was always very friendly.

Rate included breakfast so it was economical.

Would consider it a no frills kind of place. It is, what it is.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Kevin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. I will speak with the staff and commit to them additional training on dealing with these types of situations, as we pride ourselves on customer service. I hope that you will consider us on your stay!

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed the week of June 3-8. The room was clean and quiet. The hotel was only a minute away from the interstate. The breakfast was only so-so. The selection was typical, but everytime (6-6:30) I went most of the food was gone. The cookies at the front desk are a nice treat. The bed was comfortable. Overall it was a good stay.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Kevin S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Good morning Scott L,

On behalf of the management team, I would like to extend thanks to you for choosing our little hotel in Auburn MA. I am so sorry to hear that items were almost out by the time you made it down to start your day. I will personally be speaking with the kitchen staff to ensure that going forward we are better prepared for our guests who just want a few extra minutes of sleep but still want to come down to a full breakfast. We appreciate your stay with us and hope that you will join us on your next trip into town!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 9 June 2018

We stayed at this hotel for a long weekend. We had events in Worcester and Connecticut. It was nicely located between where we needed to go. The breakfast was GREAT- many options. Especially appreciated they offered non pork option such as turkey sausage, much appreciated. We would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

DrNana1 good morning,
On behalf of the management team, we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you on your next trip, and your feedback is always welcomed!