All reviews salisbury beach convenient location marriott points room was clean front desk staff decent breakfast easy access bagels water pressure definitely stay here again every morning excellent location supermarket plum maine property housekeeping
Reviewed 23 July 2018

I've stayed here frequently and it generally hits the mark. When it doesn't - boiler failed once - the hotel management is extremely responsive and generous.
People seem to take issue recently with the replenishment of the breakfast buffet. I can't understand why. The hotel was full, the dining room was almost overflowing and the attendant had everything under control. Tables constantly cleaned, no shortage of product and as friendly as. I'd vote him employee of the month, but ALL the staff are professionally excellent and friendly.
One thing that needs addressing is the speed of the free "highspeed"[sic] internet.
4Mbps isn't par for the course these days and no-one could tell me what speeds the $4.95/day delivers. $200 a night and up should get me better than that.....

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Jennifer D, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Amesbury, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Greetings,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback during your recent stay with us. It is so nice to
hear the you enjoyed your stay. It also is so great to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast as
our breakfast attendants really do take pride in there jobs and work very hard.

We appreciate your business and value your honest feedback. Your comments have been shared with
the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver exceptional service
to guests like you.

Thank you for staying at the Fairfield Inn Amesbury, please consider us again if your travels bring
you back to the Amesbury area.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Service:
Everyone at the front desk was friendly and courteous.

Room:
The room was in good condition, clean, and decorated nicely, but the beds were not very comfortable and the pillows looked fluffy but flattened to the thickness of a magazine when you laid your head on them. The bathroom was clean but if you looked close it was getting a little worn (e.g. rust on the shower curtain rod, chip in the tub). I called ahead to request a crib for our 1.5 year old and there was a pack n play in the room when we got in that evening. What was annoying was that I had to set up the pack n play myself and they gave me regular bedding to use as a sheet that I had to creatively origami fold to fit the pack n play mattress. It would have been nice if it was set up for us, too.

Breakfast:
We were so happy to have free breakfast included, but I'm sorry to say it wasn't very good. I feel like you really shouldn't complain when it's free, but I just want you to be aware so you can have a backup plan in case this breakfast won't meet your own needs.There were thankfully packaged foods available, like yogurt and cereal, but the prepared food was awful. The scrambled eggs were a weird texture (almost like they used an egg beaters mixture), and the hard boiled eggs were so overcooked we couldn't eat them. Oddly enough, my 1.5 year old didn't mind the cheese omelettes, and was able to eat cheerios and yogurt. They had biscuits one day which were tasteless and had some hard spots where they didn't bake evenly. My son spit it out when we gave it to him. The bagels looked like the frozen bagels they sell in the supermarket. There is a decent variety of items available to meet everyone's tastes and dietary needs, but unfortunately not all of it tastes good and many of the items will also run out faster than they are refilled. It can also be difficult to find seating. Your best bet is to go as early as possible.

The area:
We didn't find a decent place to eat in the surrounding town. The staff recommended dinner at Sylvan Street Grill which was terrible. The service was wonderful but the food was atrocious. The next day we had lunch at Friendly's which is conveniently located walking distance in front of the hotel. The lunch was also terrible. I recommend you take a short drive down by the water and eat at one of the many wonderful restaurants down there (e.g. Seaglass).

The Pool:
The pool was clean and well-maintained. There are some tables and chairs, and lounge chairs around the pool. I don't recall there being a life guard on duty when we went at 10am. The pool is a little small, but there weren't many of us in it. There aren't many amenities other than towels, which we had to ask for at the desk because they weren't outside. The staff was very helpful though, and went to get towels right away and even walked us out to show us where the pool was.

Summary:
Overall it's a nice hotel, and you can feel confident staying there that your room will be clean and in good order, but unfortunately there isn't anything that stands out about the place other than friendly service.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Jennifer D, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Amesbury, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear Jamie.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback during your recent stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with the team to improve our overall guest experience. Please consider us again if your travels bring you back to the Amesbury area.
Sincerely

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We came to the hotel in the summer do it was very crowded. Every morning the food ran low well before breakfast was over. There was a good selection of food but you had to arrive early. The rooms are nice and quiet with sufficient outlets and a nice desk. I was working and I found it comfortable. The shower was good and I was pleased it was a walk-in rather than over the tub. Lots of parking. The location was very good. I have no real complaints except for breakfast. I would come back but it is more functional than luxurious.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Jennifer D, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Amesbury, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Sushila,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback during your recent stay with us. We do apologize for your bad experience with our breakfast. Summer time is our busy season and we truly do the best we can to accommodate our valued guests. Please consider us again so we may better service you if your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

The hotel was unable to find us a serviced room at the promised check-in time, but anyway sent us up to one that had not been made up. They blamed a computer for the mix-up, but it was obvious looking at the housekeeping and front desk staff that they were all under a lot of pressure and not really coping. There was only one man at the front desk and he was spending nearly all of his time answering the phone and taking messages for the management, who were not in the office but walking around the lobby talking about scheduling marketing meetings, oblivious to the fact that customers were not getting served and staff were frantic.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Jennifer D, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Amesbury, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear valued guest,
Receiving a warm welcome during check-in often times sets the tone for a great stay. In order to better uphold our commitment to deliver exceptional service to every guest, from arrival to departure. Rest assured your feedback will be shared with the team to ensure this was a secluded issue!
Thank you again for your feedback and please consider us again if your travels bring you back to the Amesbury area so we may better service you.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Arrived extremely late approx. 2am. The front desk staff was amazing in providing us with lodging. However during the process I was overcharged, which created MAJOR issues during the rest of my vacation. The hotel assured me it was not them that made the charges however my account proved otherwise.

Room Tip: Easy access to highway, many restaurant choices nearby. Close to BEACH!!!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Dawn M
Jennifer D, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Amesbury, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear Dawn,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback during your recent stay.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for any billing issues you had experienced. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent any billing complications from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Amesbury.

Jennifer D