“Classic Dishes for Carryout ”

PROST German Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 56 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Price range: US$10 - US$70
Description: PROST German Restaurant is a family owned business by two Rosenheim natives. Come join us for german cuisine, great german beers, and an authentic atmosphere.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first chance to visit Prost after they have moved back to Aberdeen from Port Deposit. It is easy to find the building due to its bright blue paint. Parking is plentiful and staff are friendly. I placed my order by phone, and it was ready within 15 minutes. I started with the rich goulash soup, a house specialty. I ordered two main dishes and saved half of each for tomorrow. The Jager Schnitzel was properly done and came with plenty of mushroom sauce. The rouladen was perfectly thin meat wrapped around a crunchy pickle. All the sides were tasty and large including red cabbage, dumplings and spaetzle with extra gravy. I treated myself to Schlenkerla smoked beer, a very special taste. Well worth the drive from Bel Air to Aberdeen.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank 703BillB703
Write a reviewReviews (11)

Reviewed 29 October 2020

The service at this restaurant was terrible. Waited for awhile before server came to take our drink order, then waited again to place order. Getting our food took well over 45 minutes to get and it really wasn't worth the wait. I got saurebraten and the meat was so tuff, I could not eat it. The brown gravy was too sweet and the potato dumplings were not prepared properly. Another at my table got the bratwurst and sauerkraut - the bratwurst was okay but the sauerkraut was so sweet with sugar it could not be eaten. Overall score would be 1 and would not return to this restaurant.

Reviewed 18 October 2020

4 of us went there for dinner this evening and was first time at this location. The experience was really not good at all. It was cold in the restaurant to start with. We were seated at a table in the middle and got our menus 20 mins or more passed no server to get drink order had to go get someone to get someone to us a young girl came and though nice seemed to know nothing about the beer or menu! Took drink order another 15 - 20 mins to get drinks ! Took our order and sat at least another 30-40 mins still no good. 10 mins later came with food and it was the wrong order for 3 of our 4 !! Another 10-15 two riders cane out about 7-8 mins later a 3 rd order came out we had to go beg for the 4th order only one person actually liked their meal but was shocked at how little meat was on the sauerbraten!
It was an awful experience and no manager to help fix things. It looked like total chaos on the floor as we were not Theo only folks waiting forever
Took a strudel to go it was almost inedible!!
I liked this restaurant in port Deposit this was so bad no one wants to come back. I do but someone should have taken charge!! Very sad indeed
This was Saturday at 5 pm we left at 8:30 very unhappy

Reviewed 5 October 2020

I have to say, this service was top notch today! I’m a returning customer and love coming back every time! Since it’s Oktoberfest, I came and got the
Jäger Schnitzel. Amazing quality and the presentation was amazing!

Since COVID I was always worried about when I’d feel safe eating out again, but Prost inside/outside options would make anyone feel at home! They’re taking all the top precautions to make sure their customers feel at ease during these unprecedented times! Keep up the great work and can’t wait to come back! Prost!

Reviewed 8 September 2020

This is coming from someone who values customer service more than anything, after working in customer service for over 10 years specifically in providing customers warmth services. I personally just moved here recently, and this gentleman who has become a dear family friend to me has been a Prost customer for many years. So this is the background information for the readers. A frequent customer, and a recent customer. He already arrived there earlier than I did, so when I arrived, I was little bit thrown off that there was no water for him, and there was no "warm up" bread.. Eventually the waitress came and took our order, unfortunately she forgot I had an extra bratwurst as an order, and kept forgetting to bring us the bread. In duration of this whole experience, there were large crowd not following social distancing, which obviously put me at unease coming from a science background family, knowing this pandemic is not to be taken lightly.. Then as time went by, we were still waiting for the watiress to come and take our plates so we could get the check. I was on time crunch since I just had a puppy, and didn't feel comfortable leaving him in the crate too long. So time was an essential. Unfortunately it took an hour and half just to try to get the waitress' attention so I had it enough and had to go back inside the restaurant to get someone's attention for the check. What is even worse is it was my friends' BIRTHDAY. We didnt mention this to the waitress, but I wonder if we did, would it have made a difference. Not sure. Bottom of line, this restaurant needs to take a hard look at the waiter/waitress, if the ratio is low, then try to fill in with more staff. If cant, just try to work better as a team overall just to provide an excellent customer service.

" due to this circumstances, we are no longer attending Prost"

Date of visit: August 2020