All reviews mini bar embassies embassy tv breakfast
Reviewed 1 April 2018

A luxury style hotel with western european prices. The room was really nice and the bed was good. However the wifi was below expectation. Thorughput was not great. Many english TV channnels. The hotel bar and mini bar have western european prices unlike most other hotels in chisinau. I suppose the high prices are due to all the embassies in the area and likely the diplomats are using this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2017

I booked this hotel for 2 nights while I was in Romania expecting to cross the border the next day for business. Booking was made and paid for less than 24 hours before arrival. Unfortunately I was not allowed into Moldova because my International Drivers License wasn't recognized in Moldova (???). I'm pretty sure they were looking for some kind of bribe but the amount wasn't communicated. I turned around and went back to Romania booking another hotel. On the way to the next hotel in Romania I called hotels.com and asked them to cancel this hotel. They called the hotel directly to do so and when they came back on the line they said that the hotel will not refund the paid amount. I was surprised as I just made the booking a few hours earlier, it was April so not high season and I asked if they could at least refund 1 night to be fair. They said no to that too! I argued this for awhile with Hotels.com as it wasn't my fault I wasn't allowed into the country. I had all necessary documents but I'm out $250? Ridiculous! You'd think a 5 star hotel like this would be more reasonable to a situation like this.

Jason Vander Griendt

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
210liliana, Guest Relations Manager at Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Dear Mr. Jason Vander Griendt,

We are very sorry that you are dissapointed and this situation happens.
You cancel the reservation by youself, you personal and nobody from hotels.com called us. When you cancel the reservation, we send you the confirmation of cancelation without penalty. If you gave the credit card details us guaranty for reservation (that in normal for each hotel), it doesn't mean that we charged the accomodation.
Please if you had some problems with hotel.com write to them feedback or e-mail them to clarify the situation.
For next trip to Moldova we are waiting you with pleasure in Savoy Hotel.

Best regards

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Thank you for good service, room is very spacious and very clean! Bar works 24 hours, breakfast is a la carte, but very tasty! The guys at the reception are very friendly and helpfull! I will be back for sure!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 15 May 2015

Good location at a quiet street yet close to everything. Spacious well equipped rooms. Good sleeping quality. Wi-Fi not operational on the day of arrival and not accessible from the rooms later, just at reception area. Rather expensive. Just one TV channel available without further tuning. Beware breakfast is served at set menus, takes about 15-20 minutes to take an order. Staff friendly. No gym.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2015

The ups: The rooms are really good and spacious. The windows open. The beds are very confortable. Very quiet on the 5th floor. Nice staff is young, friendly and ready to help. Breakfast is free.
The downs: no gym available, no restaurant in the hotel so the food takes time to come from another place. It is therefore better to order ahead if you are in hurry. The ground floor with the bar and a few sofas to eat or drink is very smokey. There isn't really a separation for the non smokers.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business