“Fantastic Fish”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I only spent one night in Zagreb and we were fortunate that we chose to eat at this restaurant.

We both had the Sea Bream, and shared chips and a mixed salad. The fish was fresh, cooked to perfection and very tasty. The chips and salad were also delicious.

The waitress who served us was exceptionally good. She had great English and happily answered our questions about different foods on the menu as well as about dishes that we saw other diners eating. She also offered us complimentary tap water.

The meal was not only one of the best we had during our stay in Croatia it was also one of the most reasonably priced.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My favorite fish restaurant in Zagreb suddenly increased prices roughly 50% and slightly changed menu. Example: the best fish pate in the town dissapeared from standard menu offer and changed to the much lowe quality tuna pate made of canned tuna, not the fresh one and price increased by exactly 50%!
Another example: cuttlefish salad increased price by 50% and slightly changed its ingredients.
Recommendation: get back to old menu offering and including the finest fresh grilled fish pate.
Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Roberto Zagabria
Croatia

1  Thank RobertoZagabria
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had a feeling that I entered into a kindergarten, because the way interior is decorated. Lots of nice colourful paintings and many colours all around. Nice. Tables and chairs are very simple but it all fits in nicely. Service is OK, we had a trainee waiter that he admitted on his own but he was very kind and helpful. Menu is quite large, lots of interesting choices. All fish, must be said, if that's not your thing, you might be disappointed. Food was tasty, nicely prepared and presented. Prices are lower than in other restaurants in the city center so that makes it even better choice. Very good restaurant.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We really enjoyed our meal outside in the streetside seating. They bring the food from their upstairs restaurant. My wife had grilled monkfish and I ordered risotto with mushrooms and shrimp. Hit the spot on our travel day with little sleep in 24 hours. Menu was in English and Italian. Warm Friday evening with lots of strolling people.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I arrived without reservations on Friday afternoon. Very friendly and smiling staff immediately found us a free table. The food was very tasty. Fresh seafood, olive bread is excellent, homemade and free. Recommend!