Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
$372
Go to your Happy Price
Hotels.com
$345
Paolo N
What else can you expect from a 5 Star resort?!
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Jun 2023
Like most holiday makers, I researched which resort in Viti Levu ticks a lot of the boxes we’re after for this special occasion. Outrigger exceeded our expectations. We (as group of 8) stayed there for 9 days, taking over four of the beachfront bures, with the key event in our stay the surprise Renewal of Vows (ROV) package I threw my parents, followed by my 40th bday party for 18 adults (and 2 kids). Aside from the always infectious and gracious hospitality, Fijians are always great at making you feel welcome to their country. The facilities were great, and the housekeeping team were very quick to action any slight niggles that came up such as shower leaks or the safe’s battery needing replacing, no big issue. There are many things the resort has to offer and do aside from the obligatory hammock relaxation, including wet weather contingencies. Parts of the resort were undergoing maintenance, but it was barely noticeable as it was cordoned off well, and the team had in place alternative venues for food service. Even the contractors working on the renovations were very friendly! Big praise to the weather gods for providing such a perfect climate during the big day, since during our week it was a combination of windy or short showers or overcast, but that all halted for the ROV and party. Thanks to Outrigger for organising such perfect weather! My advice to all visitors to the country is to get in the mindset of “Fiji Time: no hurries, no worries”. You’re here to relax, so match your pace with the locals.
Big shout out and special thank you to the staff who made it special for us and our entire party (in no particular order), whose names we remember – apologies to the others but you also helped with our experience 😊:
• The Front Desk team, including Miji. With a very special thank you to Ili for assisting my dad retrieve a bag of shopping he forgot back in Sigatoka town. She went all out in contacting the store and arranging transport back to town to find the bag!
• Adi from Sundowner Bar & Grill who was the first to welcome and feed us after our delayed flight, and also handed me my bday cake and dance with us at the after party! The crew at Sundowner Bar & Grill were pretty good at providing us pizza and beers whenever and wherever we wanted, so that was a bonus!
• Seru, Baby Josh and Sai, and the rest of the Activities Team for keeping us entertained and educated on Fijian culture.
• Our group’s butler Salote and her Talai Butler Team for the lovely, personalised delivery of our daily canapes, nightly nightcaps, and the high tea at Kalo Kalo Bar. Not to mention the wonderful décor on our bedspread greeting me happy birthday, and my parents a happy anniversary!
• Luke and his catering team, and the lovely security guard for my birthday party, making feel like we ruled the Reef Lawn for the evening!
• Tue and crew from Vakavanua Lounge (we had at least two Cool Bananas each, every single day we were there)!
• The breakfast and bar staff at Vahavu, especially Vili and the bloke manning both omelette and waffle/pancake station, what a legend!
• Luse, Foziya and the sales+wedding team, but most importantly Shalima who helped me coordinate (with great communication over several months) both the ROV and the birthday party which followed!
• Pastor George for a very well-presented ceremony for my parent’s ROV!
• The House Keeping Team for fantastic turn downs with ninja-like precision and stealth, but we always greeted them with a big bula when they come around!
• The lovely staff and their excellent pampering service at Bebe Spa!
• The very helpful staff at both Rosie Tours and Tewaka for our Biausevu Waterfall excursion and Sigatoka shopping trip transfer, respectively!

I don't think I'll be able to stay in any type of accomm but a bure that fronts the beach from now on...I will miss waking up everyday staring at our masi ceiling.
Vinaka Vakalevu!
      $715
      $836
    25.8 km from Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
    Pool
    Kids & Adults Swimming Pool with Water slide.
    $194
      $144
    6.9 km from Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
    View more hotels in Sigatoka
    4,551 results
    All reviews ivi restaurant plantation bure butler service sundowner bar talai butler kids club vale ni champagne and canapes the mei mei service ocean breeze bure meimei service tapas every afternoon family holiday meal plan pool aerobics coral coast
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 16 June 2023

We had an excellent 7 night stay in the 2bed bure. Ala was MeiMei for our 2yo and did such a good job catering for our Ms Independent. Maria & Kini and the others in Kids Club did an amazing job entertaining our 6yo everyday. There were plenty of activities for us adults to enjoy when we weren't relaxing by the pool. Food service was inconsistent either great or took a super long time. Wondering if theyre just getting back into the swing of catering for peak crowds post-Covid. Would stay again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
    Darren Shaw, Other at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2023

Vinaka Loretta for the awesome review!

Reviewed 15 June 2023

On April 11th this year our family visited Outrigger Resort on the Coral Coast in Fiji.
    This holiday was several months in the planning to celebrate my wifes 50th birthday with family and friends. All together there were 21 of us including 4 children aged from 18 months to 5 years old.
    I have previously travelled to FIJI but not for over 20 years and was trying to recall what I liked and disliked about the hospitality. I will make comment as to the answer on this a little later.
    We chose Outrigger after conducting lots of research on available properties and selected Outrigger based on the all the positive reviews and the selection of facilities and services on offer. There were succinct criteria sought that we were not negotiable. “Swim up bar, kids club, nanny service, choice of restaurants/bars and upmarket accommodation for us with other accommodation options based on each individuals preferences”.
    We booked a beach front BURE and the site pictures do these unique rooms a disservice as they are even more beautiful with a king size bed, couch which provided a double bed for our daughter, large bathroom, fantastic shower with rain head and a quite A/C that kept the room at our chosen temperature. Outside, overlooking the ocean that was less than 20 metres away, we had a private hammock and chairs to enjoy the pristine surroundings. The BURE came with a Butler who between 5-5.30pm each day delivered champagne and chocolates which was warmly received and enjoyed. We were also provided a ‘one time’ laundry service for our use which we took advantage of just before we left Outrigger.
    Room aside, the resort was beautiful and as intimated previously, my wifes birthday celebrations were the reason that we travelled to FIJI.
    With the unlimited and professional assistance of the Sales group at Outrigger, I organized via email and phone two celebratory events that I hoped would provide my wife, our family and friends joining the celebrations for my wifes 50th an unprecedented experience and happy memories of their time with us at the resort. Apart from knowing where we were going and who was coming, my wife had no idea as to anything that would occur over the two days.
    Private ‘Soiree’ at the Kalokalo Bar

Now, do not underestimate the amount of planning and attention to detail that was required in organizing events in another country. With the assistance of the Outrigger sales teams ‘SHALIMA’ (my newest best friend), we put together a private cocktail party for 17 adults (no children allowed) which was held at the Kalokalo bar on the fringe of the Outrigger resort. Spectacularly elevated above the SPA this bar provides breathtaking views of the Coral coast and the resort through wide open windows and refreshing sea breezes that kept the temperature at an enjoyable level.
    Our guests enjoyed an ‘Open Bar’ for four hours with selected wines on hand, fantastic cocktails, six finger food dishes served at regular intervals which were prepared by our private chef and entertainment by the ‘serenaders’ who sang beautiful Fijian songs played on ukulele and guitar and mixed with popular tunes. Our guests raised the volume singing with the band and all had a wonderful time. This ‘Soiree’ was a spectacular ‘kick off’ for the birthday celebrations as the party before the party.
    Private ‘Dinner Under the Stars’

SHALIMA arranged for our private birthday bash to be held under a Marque on the grass outside the ‘Sundowner’ Restaurant overlooking the ocean.
    With red tablecloths, decorations, personalized balloons and our own wait staff headed up by ‘LUKE’ our guests enjoyed entrée platters and an open bar while we were entertained by ‘SONNI’S’ three piece band. Prior to our main course everyone was treated to a floor show with Polynesian dancers and a spectacular fire dance show where they ensured that my wife had a front row seating her by herself on the sand whilst the talented fire breathing dancers entertained everyone around her.
    This was FIJI at its best!!!
    The main meals were all pre ordered weeks prior as ‘SHALIMA’ had arranged for selected meals from three different Outrigger restaurants all to be prepared and delivered to the marquee at the same time for 21 very happy people to enjoy. I must admit that I did not hold high expectations on the meals coming together however, the Outrigger team nailed this with all meals on time and beautifully prepared. A birthday without a cake even in a foreign country was never going to happen and ‘SHALIMA’S team prepared a chocolate cake that was enjoyed by all.
    The night went off without a hitch…. actually, it did rain for a short while however SHALIMA’s decision to err on the side of caution with the Marquee prevented any real interference to the nights proceedings.

With the birthday events now behind us, we could relax and enjoy a week at the Outrigger soaking up the sun and enjoying all that it had to offer.
    I mentioned earlier that I was trying to remember what I liked/disliked about FIJI from a distant memory and the answer is that if you want ‘speedy service’, false smiles and gestures and a don’t care attitude go to Vegas however if you want to be pampered by beautiful people who genuinely care, who do their very best with everything that they ‘touch’ then the Outrigger on the Coral Coast is the epitome of the best that FIJI has to offer.
    A big shout out to ‘INI’ who is a special part of the MEIMEI (nanny) service whom our 4 year old daughter adored. These ladies are a godsend to parents who want to relax knowing that their young children are safe, entertained, fed and loved by very special nannies and ‘INI’ is an incredible asset to the MEIMEI team. The kids club is also fantastic. Well staffed, secure and the kids love it.
    Another shoutout to ‘VILI’ the main bar person at the adults swim up bar who by his own admission states that he makes great Margaritas. We disagree VILI. "You are officially pronounced the world’s best Margarita maker"!!!
    Off site, we went to a local Indian/Thai restaurant called Sitar in Saratoga about 5 minutes by cab from the resort. Unbelievable food with the highlight being a Lamb Korma that is the best we have ever experienced.

The Bebe SPA at Outrigger must be part of your stay. We went twice. The first was a couples massage that was perfect and the second was couples massage followed by a bath on the balcony with champagne and chocolate dipped local fruit. The massage this time was again perfect BUT the experience was dampened as we were in a massage room that translated means “to dream”. The massage was exceptional, but the floor creaked loudly as the ladies provided our service. This made it impossible to relax and impossible to dream so ensure that this is fixed prior to be escorted into this couples room.

So, 8 nights at the Outrigger, a wonderful well organized memorable 50th birthday party held in a foreign country, 21 very satisfied people, great weather in April and totally spoilt by endearing staff who in their employed capacity, deliver exceptional service at their own speed which in reflection, is just fine.
    This holiday was a welcome disconnect from our real world.
    Vanaka Outrigger, SHALIMA, INI, VILI, LUKE,SONNI and everyone who looked after us.
    Rod, Monique & Molly

Room tip: Stay in a BURE. Worth the spend...
    Date of stay: April 2023
    • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Bula rodt,
    I have been in this business for many years but reading great reviews never gets old. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your big 50th celebration and share your travel experience. We really appreciate the kind words you said about our Shamlima, our hosts and resort and will make sure the team know their hard work is recognised. We look forward to seeing you again hopefully.
    Vinaka,

Reviewed 12 June 2023

Another amazing stay at the Outrigger! This marks our third visit and it certainly won’t be our last.
    For this trip we were there to celebrate my 40th birthday and were travelling with another family.
    We are a family of 5 (kids 10,7 &3) our son is autistic and our daughter is celiac. Everyone was very accomodating and it made our stay even more pleasant.
    A special thank you to our son’s Mei Mei Selita. You were so wonderful with our little boy Harry. He would wake up every day asking to to kids club! He’s still asking to go to kids club now that we’re home!
    For anyone else who has a child with additional needs, rest assured that the Mei Mei’s and kids club will do their their absolute best to accomodate them. I was a little nervous about how he would go but he absolutely loved it. They have a welcome form to fill out, outlining any information you would like to pass on regarding your child’s needs. This certainly made me feel more at ease.
    Another thank you to our butler Marc - he went to so much effort to make my birthday as special as can be - including a birthday serenade!
    We stayed in a one bedroom suite, would highly recommend this to anyone with more that 2 children. Gives you a double balcony and parents can have some privacy with your own bedroom. Yes, the rooms are a little tired but it really doesn’t take away from the overall experience. They are however in the process of renovating so looking forward to seeing what the rooms end up looking like on our next visit.
    Thank you you again Outrigger - you truely know how to make people feel like they are their home away from home.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
    Darren Shaw, Other at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2023

Bula Passport,
    I’m so thrilled that you had a great 3rd stay with us and took the time to share your feedback. We truly appreciate it. We hope that you will return to Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort when you visit next. We look forward to hosting you again!

DO NOT BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY AT THE OUTRIGGER FIJI
    We have just returned from our third stay at the Outrigger Fiji. There is new management that unfortunately has let the resort in despair! I have seen articles that there multi million upgrade is almost complete! If you call a splash of paint reusing old door handles, not even replacing dodgy balcony doors, arms of deck chairs literally falling off in your hands exposing rusty nails being left for the next holiday maker to use, preparing food without using gloves, wiping down fruit salad bowls in the $55 buffet breakfast with dirty clothes whilst food in bowl in front of my eyes, opening the coffee bean compartment from coffee machine to hand pick with bare hands coffee beans to put on your cocktail in full view of all, the list goes on. Every other person I spoke to had had gastro. I had it for two days, vomiting 11 times in one night, only to be charged $40 for 6 cans of lemonade the next days. I could keep on going but I will leave it to your discretion. My poor son started his gastro experience at Nadi airport, continuing on the plane and 24 hours still experiencing loose motions where you do not have time to make it to the bathroom. We will not be going again. This is resonated by many of the guests we stayed with.

Date of stay: June 2023
    Trip type: Travelled with family
    1  Thank Louise C

Dear QandX,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I was truly disheartened to read your review and want to apologise for not meeting your expectations. Please know that we take all guest feedback very seriously and will be reviewing the details with our team to ensure we do better.

If I can clarify we are not under new management. Outrigger has been the management company for 23 years now and our on property team leadership such as myself ( 7 1/2 years), our Resort Manager (13 years) and the majority of the management team have been with the property a number of years. Also the renovation is only partly completed, so we should be completed by November this year to get every room and bure renovated. I am sorry we were not able provide you with a completed renovation product experience.

I am sorry to read of you and then subsequently your son falling ill during your time in Fiji. I hope you have both fully recovered now. If you’re willing to give us another shot should you decide to return to Fiji, please reach out directly as I would love to personally oversee your stay. I know we can do better and I want to prove it.

Reviewed 12 June 2023

We went for a special event so there was a crowd of us. The Fijians were lovely, happy, cheeky and up for a laugh. From the big guy at the front gate that shouts out Bula anytime someone goes past to Adi, Jonathon, Tilla and the crew at the sundowner and of course Jerry and Zac our butlers. we had the best time. The snorkelling was great off the beach, much better than plantation island but obviously not as good as out on an open reef. The accommodation was varied but they are doing renovations currently to the Ivi and to the garden bures.

Room tip: It is about 1.5hrs drive from the airport on the coral coast. Sun loungers are a premium. Loads of activities included. Great Snorkelling
    • Trip type: Travelled with family

Bula jodi w,
    I’m so thrilled that you had a great stay with us and took the time to share your feedback. We truly appreciate it. We hope that you will return to Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort when you visit next. We look forward to hosting you again!