23 people are viewing this hotel
Vio.com
$442
Sam G
Sydney, Australia
Best resort on coral coast
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Jul 2021
We stayed here twice pre-covid and absolutely loved it both times. It is in a great location being close to the town of Sigatoka yet you feel like you are a world away from anywhere, it is so special! A special mention to Moses who made us feel so welcome both times. He remembered us the second time which is a real tribute to not only Outrigger but also to Moses himself! The rooms could do with a refurbishment however they are great sized and are decorated in true Fijian style. We did not have one negative experience at the resort on both trips and will definitely return post-COVID. I hope to see Moses again and enjoy some more burgers by the pool (they are the best!). The restaurant next to the water is amazing, along with the breakfast - everything at the Outrigger is perfect. Even though Moses was our highlight, ALL staff at the Outrigger are equally friendly and are willing to do anything for you during your stay! Overall a great resort in a great location!
Date of stay: August 2020
      $680
      $686
    25.8 km from Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
    Pool
    Kids & Adults Swimming Pool with Water slide.
    $194
      $144
    6.9 km from Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
    View more hotels in Sigatoka
    4,556 results
    All reviews ivi restaurant plantation bure butler service sundowner bar talai butler kids club vale ni champagne and canapes the mei mei service ocean breeze bure meimei service tapas every afternoon family holiday meal plan pool aerobics coral coast
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 7 April 2021 via mobile

Stayed at Outrigger for 2 nights with my husband and 5 yr old twins. We booked for a beach front bure. Local rates are really good and affordable with breakfast included. Beach front bure view of ocean right outside doorstep was amazing and watched sunset on the beach. Breakfast was limited but just right for family of 4 with options to order and pay for hot options like eggs. Dinner was great at the sundowner. Yummy Cocktails. Friendly staff. Lovely vacation. Vinaka Team outrigger.

Date of stay: January 2021
    1  Thank JackieEmery
    Reviewed 7 April 2021

My all time favorite place to visit for holidays.
    Loved the outstanding dinner service at the sundowner restaurant. Awesome food.
    Staffs are very welcoming and humble.
    Loved each and every moment on this place.
    Highly recommended

Date of stay: April 2021
    1  Thank roshikap2020
    Reviewed 22 February 2021

We booked in at Ourtigger for a group Dinner hoping to dine in their buffet restaurant, however our preferred date did not have their buffet restaurant in operation, this we opted to go for ala-carte which was at the SunDowner restaurant. I must admit they we never regretted it. They reserved the lower deck of the restaurant, isolated from the rest since our group is somewhat loud and cheerful (it's a netball team, and these girls are a life of a party🤣😂🤣
    The restaurant was iImmaculate, staff were very warm and welcoming especially when we were running a little late for our dinner booking, they welcomed us and directed us to our spot..
    Attention to detail was spot on, no delays, no hiccups with our orders, we were notified of the dishes that were unavailable , great suggestions from the team on dishes to try.
    The entertainment was harmonious as a local artist played beautifully in the restaurant and his music was limitless .
    We will definitely do this again.

Date of stay: February 2021
    Trip type: Travelled with friends
    Reviewed 18 January 2021 via mobile

Bula,

Indeed it was a very nice experience staying at the resort. My cousins were really happy because this was their first time stay at Outrigger Fiji.

Front desk -

Firstly, I would like to thank the guy who greeted with a nice BIG BULA. It sounded totally home away from home. He is doing the best job, hats off to him. Secondly, I would like to thank the guy at the front desk for being so polite and professional while taking in the details for check-in. I forgot his name but who ever did morning shift on Thursday 14th inform him that his the best. Not forgetting the guy who dropped me and my bro in the buggy. He was so polite and friendly. Thank you guys.

Rooms- our room was well organized with 2 double beds as requested. Thank you to Farina front office and the HK team for taking care of this. You guys were brilliant with organizing the room.

Sundowner- my warmest thanks goes to the Executive Chef for organizing special meals for dinner. She did a very amazing job together with her team at Sundowner. I must knowledge her extra mile which she did to make our stay very successful regardless of staffing issues in kitchen during this pandemic. You and your team were great. Thank you Chef Navneet for the nice meal, my cousins really enjoyed the meals. Not forgetting the Pastry Chef for the nice double chocolate cake, it was really delicious (hopefully we get pineapple compote next time😉).

Sundowner Breakfast F&B- just a hiccup on breakfast on Friday we ordered 3 omelet which took a bit longer to prepare and I had to cancel because we were getting late. Other than that we enjoyed pastries and ice coffee. Just a heads-up please advise the team not to delay on our orders on our next trip soon. Also thanks to Salote f&b for looking after our lunch orders.

Thank you Kara and Manu for taking care of us. You guys were really awesome. Thanks for the ice cubes Kara🤗. Thank you so much f&b team.

Thirdly, my thanks goes to the pool lady who was really caring and she went every step forward to make sure everyone enjoys with her. I mean she was the best person I've seen so far. My cousins really loved playing volleyball in the pool. Thank you dear you were awesome.

Lastly, you guys made our stay really awesome and I will definitely be back soon. Thank you team Outrigger.

Date of stay: January 2021
    1  Thank krishneel1993
    Reviewed 28 November 2020 via mobile

Pros - Beautiful views, comfortable rooms.

Cons - Due to COVID-19 no room service unavailable. If you're staying in Beachfront than you're in luck as restaurant is closer but if you're in a standard room, it's pretty far. They have buggys available but everytime I went to the lobby no one was there to take me and staff didn't seem to bother. Definitely not a big issue but having to walk to your room with a plate of food with heavy cutlery was pretty disappointing.

- Poor customer service -such as having to dine with no serviettes, waiter just placed food on the table and left.

- they were fully booked with hosting lots of groups so unfortunately they were their first priority, advertisement in all rooms and near hotel for a buffet bbq dinner but when asked where is it and what time can I come, an attendant replied, "you'll have to dine in Sundowner Restaurant as this buffet is for groups only". I really don't see the point of the advertisement when it's not available to in-house guests that are not in groups.

- Sundowner lacks passion. Chefs make great food but menu needs to be improved with more varieties.

In conclusion my review is negative one but I understand I might have a bad experience but other reviewers seemed to have a great time and I envy them but unfortunately for me I did not enjoy my trip one bit. I definitely will not be staying here again but encouraging other travellers to do visit, you might have a great experience as other reviewers here did.

All the best.