11 people are viewing this hotel
$628
Fully refundable before Sun, 21 Apr
Get rewarded with One Key
3,829 results
All reviews navo restaurant the club lounge golf course kama lounge natadola bay adults only infinity pool toba bar and grill beachfront suite club staff planet trekkers day bed bula bus kids club lagoon view outdoor bath garden room beach front
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 March 2023

We split our time in Fiji between InterContinental and Marriott so I can easily compare the two hotels and since the price tag was roughly the same (IC a bit cheaper), I think it’s a fair match-up. Based on my experience IC blows Marriott out of the water for non-elites of the two loyalty programs, and for people who have status at both hotel chains, IC stands out even more. I can highly recommend IC Fiji which turned out to be a great stay and better than anticipated.

We arrived at the hotel very early (8am) so I did not anticipate our room to be ready. The check-in process was a bit tedious because I had to challenge them a few times regarding what are normally the upgrades granted to Diamond Ambassador guests, but in the end we were given a suite which I was quite happy with. Understandably a suite was not available that early in the morning but we were invited to have breakfast and check later if the room was available. During our breakfast the receptionist found us in the restaurant and gave us a room key for a non-suite so that we could take a shower and have some time for our daughter to nap which was a good gesture.

If we had been “stuck” in the non-suite during the entire duration of our stay, to be honest it would have been a fine stay. The room was very nice to begin with and had direct access to the pool.

It was late morning or early afternoon when they called to inform us that the suite was ready and staff came to help move luggage to our suite. The suite was on the second floor of the building rather than ground floor so slightly better views and had a proper separation from the bedroom. The balcony was in front of both the bedroom and living room so it was more spacious than in our first (temporary) room and likewise had the outdoors bathtub.

The main competing country of Fiji in the region is probably French Polynesia, and while the latter provides better natural beauty generally speaking, I found dining at IC Fiji better than anything we have seen in FP even at hotels which are several times more expensive for example in Bora Bora. There was a daily rotation so that guests on a long-term stay would not get bored.

There were separate pools for adults only and for children, and the fine dining restaurant was open for children 5:30-7:30pm but adults only after 7:30pm so that everybody could enjoy the atmosphere. The same applied for breakfast, the Navo restaurant was for adults only and had a nice a la carte menu, whereas other guests could go to the main buffet with children. Kudos to the hotel for having this setup.

Service was the main feature which stood out at the hotel. First off the overall property was very well maintained with armies of gardeners which were everywhere and who were friendly and greeting all customers walking by. No orders were ever missed in the restaurant, housekeeping was done exactly at the time I requested every day (unlike at Marriott), and despite the potential for billing errors because I had booked three separate consecutive reservations each with their own terms with Food & Beverage credits, etc. everything was smooth for check-out.

Overall I was very pleased with our stay at IC and we will come back. It was superior to Marriott in almost every aspect, especially service. For elites of both loyalty programs IC would beat Marriott even more so due to lounge access which Marriott does not have, and the butler service at IC for club guests which does not exist at Marriott. There are not many negative aspects I could find about IC except perhaps that cocktails at the bar were not the best and they also could not make a Manhattan when I asked which was surprising. All in all these were only minor issues but it was clear this is a very well run hotel with great looking common areas and well maintained. I can highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: March 2023
InterContinental Fiji, Owner at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2023

Bula WorldWideTravel88

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind feedback to the team.

Thanks again for staying with us. As a IHG One Rewards Club member, we truly appreciate it. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 March 2023

Excellent services in best hotel in Fiji.. thanks to all staff from concuerge, reception / Front office, waitors and cooks in Sanasana and specially Navo, housekeeping, maintenance. The stay in hotel is HIGHLY recommended if are You looking for luxury holiday

Room tip: Book a dinnet in Navo restaurant, take a cocktail in pool bar, and all your dreams will be fullfilled in concierge
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Bula Mir0X

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We value your positive feedback, and I can assure you that it will be shared with the team.

Please let me know if you ever plan a return visit to Fiji or if I can ever be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 7 March 2023 via mobile

First visit since the world imploded in 2020 and was very happy to be back. The staff are wonderful and really take care of you. Asenate (Kama Bar) is amazing and Ravi (head of Guest Services) is brilliant, he’s dedicated to making sure your stay is all you want it to be. Big shout out to Mere too.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Bula smillalikestotravel2

Thank you for your lovely feedback. It was a pleasure meeting you during the stay.

Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Thanks

Reviewed 5 March 2023

Lovely resort food was excellent drinks and supplies expensive however the facilities are excellent. We had a very relaxed 7 days at this resort . The Fijian people are so friendly and happy . Checking out was easy fully recommend The Intercontinental.

Room tip: Take aeroguard as it is $30 Fijian for a small bottle .
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
InterContinental Fiji, Owner at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2023

Bula Sharongai

Thank you for your recent stay and your lovely feedback. The team and i look forward for your return stay.

Vinaka

Reviewed 1 March 2023

After several days in Denarau Island packed with activities, we decided to spend the last couple days of our trip at Intercontinental to just wind down and relax, and this place was perfect for that. Great facilities, comfortable room, good service, fast wifi, and a wide range of restaurants and activities. The beach in front of the resort is also fairly good for surfing/bodyboarding you're into that. The resort even provided me with a boogieboard for free for 1 hour to join in with the other surfers that were out that day. My wife used the spa services and said that it was decent (nothing stellar, but okay for the price). While I liked the pools on-site, we found ourselves going to the family/kids pool more often for the shade (the adult pool is completely uncovered). If you're an IHG rewards member, you can also request a late check-out. I signed up for free during check-in and we were able to check-out at 6pm since we had a night flight. So we basically got an extra day for free.

1  Thank 504RichS
InterContinental Fiji, Owner at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2023

Bula vinaka

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. Thank you for signing up to IHG One Rewards Club.

Thanks again for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!