Lowest prices for your stay
InterContinental
P C
Los Angeles, California
Stunning resort
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 31 Dec 2019
Fuji Intercontinental location is breathtaking with views and access to Natadola beach. The beach water is crystal clear and resort gardens are so well pampered and manicured. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, always hear "Bula" with a smile. Ikavote (Club lounge manger) is highly visible and engaged with guests, he make us feel welcome at all time. Totally awesome memory with Fiji Intercontinental, will definitely be back in the future.
Date of stay: December 2019
Room Tip: stay at club level
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
$483
25.8 km from InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, an IHG Hotel
Pool
A view from the balcony of the Sea front apartment
Agoda.com
$147
Fully refundable
Multiple ways to pay
    24.5 km from InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, an IHG Hotel
    Beachfront
    Kids & Adults Swimming Pool with Water slide.
    $248
    • eDreams
    24.8 km from InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, an IHG Hotel
    View more hotels in Sigatoka
    3,829 results
    All reviews navo restaurant the club lounge golf course kama lounge natadola bay adults only infinity pool toba bar and grill beachfront suite club staff planet trekkers day bed bula bus kids club lagoon view outdoor bath garden room beach front
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 31 December 2019 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights to just completely relax, and wow did it do just that! I cannot praise this resort enough. From checking in with Opirah (who deserves a 5 star review of her own) to the minute we left, everything was perfection. The room was immaculate and stunning, the food and cocktails delicious, and the adults only pool was a godsend (as there were quite a few families staying.)
    We had one minor problem regarding a lack of hot water one day, however this was resolved promptly & efficiently.
    Every single member of staff we came into contact was smiling, courteous, and seemed so happy to be there. It was great to meet Lachlan, the new manager, who seemed to take a genuine interest in the guests.
    I would absolutely recommend this resort, and would definitely stay here again in the future. BULA!

Date of stay: November 2019
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    2  Thank nem014
    GM_Lachlan_Walker, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2019

Bula Vinaka nem014

We are thrilled to have had you stay with us and experience true hospitality, our wonderful facilities and our idyllic resort setting on Fiji's beautiful, Natadola Bay!

Thank you for taking the to mention Opirah and so pleased you were able to relax.

We hope to welcome you back to our sunny shores and do let me know when you are planning to return.

All the best for 2020

Vinaka and Regards,
    Lachlan Walker Area General Manager South Pacific

Reviewed 31 December 2019

amazing experience in a dreamy resort....i would like to live there forever!you have everything you need living in a paradise. People are friendly,food excellent, beach stunning!Water games, live concerts in the night, pool bar, gym fully equipment, nice shops, and local people selling their handmade creation

Date of stay: June 2019
    2  Thank Happiness777082

Bula Happiness777082

Thank you for your lovely review and so pleased you enjoyed your time with us. I was thrilled to hear you enjoyed all the resort has to offer.

Do let us know when you are planning your next Fiji visit.

All the best for 2020

Vinaka vakalevu

Area General Manager

Reviewed 30 December 2019

The location is incredibly breath taking.If the ocean & beach is what matters this is the place to be.5 star presentation of the location & the landscaping.A nice hideout for total relaxation & resort experience. The rooms are much desired to be improved.It is time to refurbish the rooms.Faraway from being 5 star accomodation.Specially the floors of the whole structure,where rooms are located.The food & drinks are over priced and no variety.It was same breakfast for almost 5 days.Would like to see different cuisines & more of local preparations.In general the male staff seems to be more friendly & courteous than female staff(There were many exceptions).

Trip type: Travelled with family

Bula Vinaka GoPlaces174027

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our resort and thrilled to see that you enjoyed our stunning beach location. I note your feedback around the guest room appearance.

We are also sorry to see that you did not have a great overall experience around our breakfast restaurants. During the Christmas period with Cyclone Sarai passing, this created some challenges around the venues and produce available. Your feedback has been highlighted to our senior culinary team for their review and attention.

We do hope to welcome you back for a better culinary experience in the future.

Vinaka & best regards,

Area General Manager South Pacific

Reviewed 30 December 2019 via mobile

I had a unique opportunity to be free of all responsibility over Christmas. So I took it. Packed my bags and headed to the intercontinental.
    I organised a car through the the hotel (it’s $FJ100 cheaper direct with Rosie’s; or $FJ220 cheaper with a taxi. As a solo traveller, I felt comfortable with this option until I found a Land Cruiser was the hotel car...
    My flight was delayed, I arrived at 11pm. The staff was by herself, she did the best she could to check me in with three customers waiting.
    I woke the following day to an email “we’re giving your room away as you’re a no show.” I headed to reception, and worked to have this sorted out. Whilst there I mentioned the shower was broken and the toilet didn’t flush.

The wifi was fantastic - strong and continuous throughout the resort. The surrounds are beautiful - well considered. Entertainment every night.

I booked the degustation for Christmas Day with one caveat - I don’t want to sit for three hours by myself, is it possible to have each meal as I am ready? There was a firm “yes” given; and a firm “no” in action.
    I ordered the paired wines with the meal “two hours of free flowing wine”. The second course didn’t have a pairing provided. I then waited 25min between one course, after 20min I was asked if I wanted another wine. I was asked another two times before it came. I concluded by receiving two deserts and two wines at once.

After lunch, I got back to my room (I’d stayed three nights by now) and it still hadn’t been serviced. I called and explained I just to nap after a long, booked lunch. I was provided a short time frame and left the room to accommodate. I returned more than an hour later, and I still had dirty sheets on the bed (I am three nights in, room serviced once, sheets not changed the whole four nights). I called to express my disappointment and gave in to a dirty bed.

I told staff about these challenges when I checked out at 10:30am. They were apologetic and offered me a $200 credit from my bill, so $FJ25 per night discount (my average night was $FJ765).
    I privately booked a car for 1pm - which I told the team. I left my bag in my room for ease (I assumed it would take at least 30min for the porter and others may be checking out) no pressure, I had time.

I arrive 30min early for my car, tell the porter I am here and that I am expecting a private car to collect me - is my bag here? No. They also didn’t tale stock that my car was already there.

Whilst friendly and nice, the team were more interested in chatting amongst themselves at all of the bars. Attracting and receiving proactive service was unattainable except with one wonderful man who was night shift at Kama. He was incredible. Whilst a kind smile was always there, and a tourists respect to Fiji time there was zero respect to an international tourist at a premium, international resort.

Hiring of a few, strict and strong people managers would promptly curve this annoying and disappointing behaviour creating for the resort much more revenue within each restaurant/bar and also remove the need for disappointing reviews like this - when I really know all were well intentioned.

Trip type: Travelled solo
    GM_Lachlan_Walker, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2019

Dear Amber,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend Christmas with us. We are sorry that you had a mixed experience and so sincerely apologise for the shortfall in our service during your time here. We have shared this with our senior team and also understand that our Assistant Front Office Manager has met with you about your experience.

We hope to be able to welcome you back for a seamless experience that befits you as our valued guest.

Kind Regards,
    Area General Manager South Pacific

Reviewed 29 December 2019 via mobile

My husband and I decided after a big year of ups and downs we’d take our young family (kids aged 4 and 1) to The Intercon over Christmas and New Years. Having been here for our honeymoon in 2017 and rating it 5/5 stars we were so excited to bring our family here, well after this experience we are now very disappointed guests!
    Tonight is our 6th night here and we have called customer service way too many times already this stay, all regarding small things that shouldn’t even be an issue for a $4,500 stay (that’s for a standard garden view room)! The bath plug not working (won’t seal so the kids can’t have a bath), running out of hot water twice, asking for fresh bed linen at 10am for ALL beds - 4 hours later we got fresh linen for our King bed but nothing for the roll away or cot. It’s now 9pm and we just received (in the last hour) sheets for the rollaway bed and were told to put them on ourselves. We are yet to receive the cot linen and our 1 year old needs to go to bed. In my opinion this is not 5 star service, after our last stay I’d say this is more like 3 star service.
    We were on the edge of the Cyclone Sarai and had some wind/rain the past few days so all of the restaraunts in the resort were closed for the safety of the guests, meaning our only option was to eat a buffet dinner each night (not a fan), we were given a $10 discount per person for the first night (dinner was still $75pp) and nothing for the second night. We were told that the kids pool would be operating again this afternoon so we took our kids down at around 2:30pm, they were so excited to swim after 2 days of being stuck in the hotel room due to the cyclone. We got down to the pool only to see the pool closed sign up and we were told that if we swam in there the PH levels were not right so we would be at risk of ear infections/sickness if we went in. Hopefully the pool is operating again in the morning.
    The food is expensive which we already knew from last time coming here, however $68 for a chicken parmigiana seems a little steep. $18 for a milkshake is a bit steep too but hey that might just be me who thinks that.
    The resort definitely needs some TLC all around. The kids club doesn’t even offer air conditioning and the ‘activities’ are very poor.
    The best part about this holiday is the Day Spa where I had a wonderful treatment today, as well as the lovely staff who are very friendly. I think we’ll look at staying at The Outrigger or Warwick next time we come to Fiji. Such a shame.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Bula taylahh93

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback via TripAdvisor during your stay and we regret to read this feedback. We’ll try to locate you in the resort, however as we do not have your full details, if we cannot locate you please contact the Manager on Duty or our Director of Rooms, Stephen Castelino so we can assist in making your stay memorable for all the right reasons. Our Manager on Duty is available 24/7 and we are here at all times to assist with any matters that need attention. I apologise for the bath plug and hot water and we’d love to try and sort this for you as soon as possible. Unfortunately Cyclone Sarai designated a category 2 passed along Fiji with winds up to 135km. The Cyclone had shut down power to all of Fiji, shut fresh water supply, closed roads, created flooding in areas of Fiji and closed the airport for two days. At the heart of all our decisions is the safety of our valued guests and employees and at times I needed to restrict staff and guests from moving around in the inclement weather. The pools needed to be fully filtered, chemically balanced and cleaned after the cyclone passed. Fortunately the hotel was able to keep power going at the resort through our generator and phones & internet were working during the Cyclone. As we were on generator power this created some challenges with pools, this morning however power has been fully restored.

Thank you again for passing on your feedback

Vinaka vakalevu