“A gem in Korotogo”
Review of Korean Grill Fiji

Korean Grill Fiji
Ranked #18 of 35 Restaurants in Sigatoka
Description: Korean Grill is specifically organized Restaurant for Korean BBQ such as Jumuluk and Samgyupsal and Bibimbap which is the most famous Korean dishes in korea and operating only with a reservation in advance 1 day before minimum 2 people with the beautiful garden
Reviewed 16 October 2018

The Korean Grill Restaurant at the Dilo Tree lodge in Korotogo is an absolute gem - exactly the kind of boutique little place you hope to stumble upon on holiday and very rarely do! Tae Dong and his brother prepare delicious meals using fresh local ingredients and serve them immaculately in their beautiful little restaurant.
Generally good for families or small groups as they prepare a meal that consists of one or two main options - Jumuluk or Bibimpap for example, with an array of delicious little sides. You need to book early, as it is small and they will often only accept one group, depending on size, and this is food that needs time to prepare.
I recommend that you take a couple of bottles (its Byo) and go a little early so you can sit in the beautiful courtyard under the bougainvillea before your meal. Korotogo and the Sunset strip is a unique spot in Fiji, and the Korean Grill is an absolute gem.

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank Niuthenut

Reviewed 30 September 2018

Seonhwa and his brother cooked us my favourite meal in Fiji!

I lived in Korea for 3 years and this meal was as delicious as any meal I had in Korea and more but had slight little variations because of the boutique nature of the restaurant and Fijian produce. We got the BBQ beef which was cooked for us on the table in front of us. The beef was super tender and tasty. It comes with the bancheon (multiple side dishes on little plates). These were exquisite. So fresh and flavourful. Each one different from the last and such a wide variation of flavours - spicy, sweet, sour, crunchy, fermented, soft, warm, cold. Plus soup and rice. Seonhwa talked to us about his cooking and what was in all the dishes. I learned some things about the food that I didn't hear about in all my time living in Korea. That was interesting. If you haven't tried Korean food, some of the flavours might be unfamiliar to you. I ate every dish with glee but if you've got some fussy eaters in the group, there's lots to pick and choose from. I know some Korean food took me time to get used to when I lived there. My British partner who has not eaten heaps of Korean food LOVED it. And in typical Korean style, there's refills when parts of the meal run out so you can eat more of the stuff you love. I wish I had two stomachs so I could have eaten more!

Also, it is BYO! I took along some Fiji Gold and it was a good match for the saltiness of the soup and the comfort food feel of the beef which gets made into little parcels in lettuce with garlic, chilli, Korean sauce, onion, and rice. Such a refreshing change from resort food. Also really good if your tummy feels better with less dairy and less floury based stuff.

You need to book in advance because every part of the meal is prepared with lots of time and care just for you. Thank you! 감사합니다! I will be back next time I'm in Fiji :)

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank ElizabethC5646
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Third time in fiji first time staying at the coral coast. After a disappointing first few days at the Naviti hotel we found this restaurant online with only 5 star reviews and decided to give it a go. The food was amazing all fresh and hand made by the two brothers/owners. A much needed meal after all the subpar and overpriced hotel food we had been eating. The restaurant/bnb was like something out of a picture. So beautiful and all made and maintaned by the two brothers. The standard of cleanliness,service,food etc were all well above 5 stars. My family left after dinner and actually booked a night at the bed and breakfast simply because we were so impressed. I left feeling the passion and love these two brothers had put into their small modest BNB. I strongly recommend this place to others. I'm not the type to post reviews of places whether bad or good but I really felt this place earned it. Dont waste your money on big hotels and be disappointed when this place is less than half the price and 10 times better. Thank you guys for providing an amazing experience on my otherwise dull holiday. Will be back!!

Date of visit: September 2018
4  Thank Justin2606
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We have eaten here a few times and the brothers always provide a fabulous eating experience. Full flavours, fresh produce and fabulous service.

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank Jodie B
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We had the most delicious meal with friends who were staying in this very quaint restaurant. We all ordered their speciality - Bibimbap. Mmmmmm.
The owners - brothers from Korea - are so friendly, attentive and ready to ensure you have both a wonderful meal and experience in their restaurant.
You must eat here if you are staying anywhere near Sigatoka.

Date of visit: June 2018