Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Maud

Absolutely loved it!! Highly recommend

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Mar 2020
Very clean room and to my opinion the best place to stay on the beach in the backpacker area. Happy vibes and friendly staff. Especially Mele was so helpful and friendly! Thanks for cheering me up with your happy smile 😁 highly recommend this place to all backpackers!
Date of stay: March 2020
  • ZenHotels.com
    $235
2.4 km from Tropic of Capricorn
View more hotels in Nadi
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 March 2020

Only the sun It's good.It's got only for șleau one night.Very bad service( include expensive eating). Not return transfer from hotel to the aeroport.The beach It's abject.Like all the country , Fiji It's not touristical and It's expensive. More beautiful It's in Kiribati.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Discover51033
Res Team, Other at Tropic of Capricorn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2020

Bula Discover51033,

Thank you for the feedback and our apologies that expectation & reality were a mismatch. Our team strives to maintain simple, humble, low-cost hospitality with great service, but it seems we've missed the mark, and we appreciate the opportunity to create improvement.

Vinaka vaka levu,

Tropic Family

Reviewed 6 February 2020

Pretty laid back place, just located in the right spot, at the end of the hotels and such like that are lined up opposite along the beach. The hammocks out the front are a magnet for all and sundry, who use the time on them to chill and float into Fiji time, which to me was sunburn (Oh no).

The bus stop is right outside and if you score yourself a bus card you can save money take a local bus into Nadi. Easy to do and fun. If you are tired of Fiji Bitter take a walk down to the main road and hang a left and you will find a brewery, yes a brewery making their own beer. This also where the few restaurants are and a local grocery store, and ATM.

There are all sorts of people staying at the Tropic. Mum's with daughters, couples, lots of couples of different age groups, and solo me.

I enjoyed the breakfasts at the Tropic which for me was the egg on toast and on another occasion an omelette (so big).

One evening I had Kava tasting which was just me and the organizer. Very laid back. Then I was given a wing man to look after me and he took me down to a bar that was down the end of the beach where I met quite a few locals. We shared stories and then went on our separate ways.

The Tropic is one out of the books. It is not those touristy foreign owned hotels that are popping up, but rather a slice of what is truly Fijian. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Room tip: Ocean view was good for me.
Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank onitada
Reviewed 15 December 2019

Seemingly not as busy as some of the other local hotels, but, yet again, for the money, I was given a great sea view, which was more than satisfactory. They also collected me from the airport for a minimal fee.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 15 October 2019 via mobile

This place is all about the people. The category ‘hotel’ on trip advisor is incorrect - it’s a backpackers with some private en-suite rooms - but it is well run and well loved by the staff. Special shout outs to Rosa the cook (amazing fruit pancakes and lovely woman) , and Martha the massage therapist ($30fjd for one hour).

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AngelHell
Reviewed 7 October 2019

I booked a three-person room and wrote specifically that we would be checking in between 11pm-12am. We arrived to Tropic of Capricorn after a long day of travel and were told that there wasn't a bed for one of us DESPITE the fact that we booked specifically a three-bed room (149FJD). The hotel also confirmed that they knew we would be arriving late.

They had no other rooms available, and instead pointed my friend to sleep on a small, stinky leather couch with wooden armrests. His head rested on one side (wooden) and his feet hung over the edge (also wooden). They made no effort to fix the situation/offer us a refund or even partial refund. We had traveled to surf so understandably my friend was very tired the next day.

When I showed pictures to Booking.com of the couch offered instead of the bed, they offered a $20FJD refund! LOL, wow, a whopping 13% discount to sleep on a sweaty couch! Oh but also a 29FJD credit to use in the future...

One of the worst customer service experiences EVER! Don't go! They'll view you as a walking wallet and you'll probably get stuck on a stinky couch.

Room tip: Make sure your room actually has a bed.
Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank C_WasHere
the_fiji_islander, Guest Relations Manager at Tropic of Capricorn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2019

Bula bula,

Thanks for the feedback and sincere apologies for a difficult situation. Our night watchman experienced an unfortunate late-night communication breakdown upon your arrival. We've subsequently refunded 50% of your room rate, we've shared your candid comments with all our team and we're working hard to create improvement.

Vinaka and best wishes,