eDreams
MelH64
Greater London, United Kingdom
Seemingly
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Dec 2019
Seemingly not as busy as some of the other local hotels, but, yet again, for the money, I was given a great sea view, which was more than satisfactory. They also collected me from the airport for a minimal fee.
Date of stay: December 2019
  • ZenHotels.com
    $199
1.9 km from Tropic of Capricorn
View more hotels in Nadi
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 October 2019 via mobile

This place is all about the people. The category ‘hotel’ on trip advisor is incorrect - it’s a backpackers with some private en-suite rooms - but it is well run and well loved by the staff. Special shout outs to Rosa the cook (amazing fruit pancakes and lovely woman) , and Martha the massage therapist ($30fjd for one hour).

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AngelHell
Reviewed 7 October 2019

I booked a three-person room and wrote specifically that we would be checking in between 11pm-12am. We arrived to Tropic of Capricorn after a long day of travel and were told that there wasn't a bed for one of us DESPITE the fact that we booked specifically a three-bed room (149FJD). The hotel also confirmed that they knew we would be arriving late.

They had no other rooms available, and instead pointed my friend to sleep on a small, stinky leather couch with wooden armrests. His head rested on one side (wooden) and his feet hung over the edge (also wooden). They made no effort to fix the situation/offer us a refund or even partial refund. We had traveled to surf so understandably my friend was very tired the next day.

When I showed pictures to Booking.com of the couch offered instead of the bed, they offered a $20FJD refund! LOL, wow, a whopping 13% discount to sleep on a sweaty couch! Oh but also a 29FJD credit to use in the future...

One of the worst customer service experiences EVER! Don't go! They'll view you as a walking wallet and you'll probably get stuck on a stinky couch.

Room tip: Make sure your room actually has a bed.
2  Thank C_WasHere
the_fiji_islander, Guest Relations Manager at Tropic of Capricorn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2019

Bula bula,

Thanks for the feedback and sincere apologies for a difficult situation. Our night watchman experienced an unfortunate late-night communication breakdown upon your arrival. We've subsequently refunded 50% of your room rate, we've shared your candid comments with all our team and we're working hard to create improvement.

Vinaka and best wishes,

Tropic Team

Reviewed 30 September 2019 via mobile

We started our week holidays in Nadi and stayed at Tropic of Capricorn for 2 nights.
The people are welcoming, the room spacious, overlooking the sea, even though a bit dated. The beach is fine, we can swim but a little muddy.
There is a really good restaurant next door with traditional Fijian dishes so yummy and good value and a bus running every 30 min to go to Nadi.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2019 via mobile

I started my stay on a bad note having left my debit card and anyway to get cashed home. Mele at the front desk was so kind and helpful and made my stay much better. When I returned there for a day a week later there she was with a big smile warm and welcoming me back! I love her! Loved going back to Bamboo Travellers knowing she would be there. Also Selita was so helpful!!! Thank you Selita! Kali always remembers your name! What a great place:)

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2019 via mobile

My mom and i stayed at Pearl resort premium marina room at Pacific Harbour for 4 nights before we came here. This is a place to give us a taste of mingle around with budget travellers. My mom totally adores the sunset here. We spent our evenings walked around the beach and i did horse riding with the discounted price from the horse owner. Romeo the horse is such a gem. He is solid yet docile. The seaview from our room was great. I spent my last night to have a drink with a local fren at Bamboo. A touch of backpacker feel that everyone should experience. Whats more we felt totally safe here as unlike other countries backpacker dorm where drugs and crazy stuffs happened. Here you can enjoy without have worry much.

Trip type: Travelled with family