eDreams
Vio.com
C_WasHere

Checked in and was told to sleep on a couch!

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Oct 2019
I booked a three-person room and wrote specifically that we would be checking in between 11pm-12am. We arrived to Tropic of Capricorn after a long day of travel and were told that there wasn't a bed for one of us DESPITE the fact that we booked specifically a three-bed room (149FJD). The hotel also confirmed that they knew we would be arriving late.

They had no other rooms available, and instead pointed my friend to sleep on a small, stinky leather couch with wooden armrests. His head rested on one side (wooden) and his feet hung over the edge (also wooden). They made no effort to fix the situation/offer us a refund or even partial refund. We had traveled to surf so understandably my friend was very tired the next day.

When I showed pictures to Booking.com of the couch offered instead of the bed, they offered a $20FJD refund! LOL, wow, a whopping 13% discount to sleep on a sweaty couch! Oh but also a 29FJD credit to use in the future...

One of the worst customer service experiences EVER! Don't go! They'll view you as a walking wallet and you'll probably get stuck on a stinky couch.
Date of stay: September 2019
Room Tip: Make sure your room actually has a bed.
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
2.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
the_fiji_islander, Guest Relations Manager at Tropic of Capricorn, responded to this review
Responded 13 Oct 2019
Bula bula,

Thanks for the feedback and sincere apologies for a difficult situation. Our night watchman experienced an unfortunate late-night communication breakdown upon your arrival. We've subsequently refunded 50% of your room rate, we've shared your candid comments with all our team and we're working hard to create improvement.

Vinaka and best wishes,

$1,036
    $1,029
1.7 km from Tropic of Capricorn
View more hotels in Nadi
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 September 2019 via mobile

We started our week holidays in Nadi and stayed at Tropic of Capricorn for 2 nights.
The people are welcoming, the room spacious, overlooking the sea, even though a bit dated. The beach is fine, we can swim but a little muddy.
There is a really good restaurant next door with traditional Fijian dishes so yummy and good value and a bus running every 30 min to go to Nadi.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2019 via mobile

I started my stay on a bad note having left my debit card and anyway to get cashed home. Mele at the front desk was so kind and helpful and made my stay much better. When I returned there for a day a week later there she was with a big smile warm and welcoming me back! I love her! Loved going back to Bamboo Travellers knowing she would be there. Also Selita was so helpful!!! Thank you Selita! Kali always remembers your name! What a great place:)

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2019 via mobile

My mom and i stayed at Pearl resort premium marina room at Pacific Harbour for 4 nights before we came here. This is a place to give us a taste of mingle around with budget travellers. My mom totally adores the sunset here. We spent our evenings walked around the beach and i did horse riding with the discounted price from the horse owner. Romeo the horse is such a gem. He is solid yet docile. The seaview from our room was great. I spent my last night to have a drink with a local fren at Bamboo. A touch of backpacker feel that everyone should experience. Whats more we felt totally safe here as unlike other countries backpacker dorm where drugs and crazy stuffs happened. Here you can enjoy without have worry much.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2019 via mobile

Used this hostel as a base after coming back from island hoping before getting a flight out of Nadi. Staff were very friendly and helpful and booked taxis for us. Booked a bed in the 8 bed dorm, nice to find we were in the 6 instead of the 8 on arrival. Standard dorm layout with bunk beds though the curtains looked a little mouldy. There was A/C in room which was nice and lockers too (only for small hand luggage bags). Bathroom is a bit tired and only one toilet and shower for a few people. Value for money though and really friendly. The food is good value, and you get great sized portions too. There’s free WiFi too! Which was soooo useful!

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 13 August 2019

The Tropic of Capricorn is an amazing place to stay for your time in Fiji. The staff was extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and helped me out with the tons of questions I had about what kinds of activities there were to do around the area. They also have an awesome little restaurant that serves amazing food, that is served hot and relatively quickly! Just wish they had a bigger menu, but I was more than satisfied with what they have. This place is also very convenient for tours to the other islands as many of the tour companies provide shuttles to and from the Tropic of Capricorn for free. My room was also well kept because of the awesome housekeeping! You also get a pretty sweet view of the sunsets right on the beach as well. I literally had no issues with my stay at the Tropic of Capricorn. I will be recommending this place to everyone who is going to visit Fiji!

Date of stay: August 2019