Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
$134
Go to your Happy Price
$98
Vio.com
$57
Fully refundable before Sun, 28 Apr
1,014 results
All reviews smugglers cove ghost ship fire show beach front kava ceremony tour desk yasawa islands couple of nights double room fiji budget joe denarau vinaka
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2019 via mobile

As I knew that this was a hostel, I had my prejudices because I have experienced dirty hostels far too much. This one is different from other hostels! It was super clean, modern and comfortable. It has anice terrace and bar and you really get a south pacific feeling because it lies DIRECTLY at a beach. The first Fiji sunset here was amazing! The breakfast was rich and good.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank SarahtheLemon
Reviewed 27 September 2019

Stayed at smugglers for the whole trip and can not think of a bad thing to say about them! Staff are friendly and will help with anything you need! Food and drinks are amazing and the views while you sit on the decking and eat are incredible! Our room was clean, tidy and comfortable. As an added bonus, the cultural dancing, fire shows and kava ceremonies were an awesome way to keep us entertained throughout the holiday!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2019 via mobile

Nice place overall. Majority of staff are nice. People at reception are extremely attentive and respectful specially Elizabeth. She always made sure that my access worked. Waitress at breakfast place extremely nice, bubbly and always giggling. Can’t say the same for the girl at the bar. Always seemed to bothered when you ask for drinks. Waiters and waitress are nice. Maintenance guy is extremely nice. We had few chats here and there.

Rooftop balcony is nice. No one goes there to enjoy the amazing view sunset. The balcony is always kept clean.

Check in was very good. Landed at 6am. Called the hotel to see if I can check in earlier, no problem and receptionist asked for my name as he was going to send someone to pick me up. Upon arrival, obviously my room wasn’t ready, but nice lady at the reception politely explained that normal check in is at 2pm and it was only 7am... so we had to wait until 8 am. Totally understandable.

Room is below par level. Old. Mattress old. Bed head is dusty. Cattle moldy. Bathroom old. Warm water in the afternoon only. Ice cold in the evening. However, daily cleaning of your room. AC full blast no problem.

Location wise, not so great. Close to airport but $10 trip to town, $5 to main road and $15 to Denarau island. Good restaurants nearby but everything is way overpriced. A can of Fiji Gold beer cost $7, whereas you can buy it in town for $3.50. So if you need beer, buy it in town. I totally suggest to have dinner in town or main road. Way cheaper.

Food is again below par for the price. I pay the high amount for the food, I also expect the same for the quality. Almost 99% chance, you have to ask for cutlery. For water.

Beach is alright, dark sand. However nice walk on the beach during sunset. Quiet, peaceful and safe.

Overall will I come back or recommend this place: YES, only because of most of the staff.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank christophe-lee
Reviewed 9 September 2019

Had a marvelous time at Smugglers! Met so many wonderful people and the staff were all so friendly and awesome! Relaxing beachfront property with free kayaks and a great restaurant with yummy food. Will return!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Andy H
Reviewed 5 September 2019

We had some hours to kill during a long transit and the airport info counter recommended taking my kids to the "Smugglers Cove".

For $15, the cab driver dropped us here so we spent an afternoon hanging out. I had a massage for F$40/ US$20 for 30 mins (or F$$60/US$30 for an hour) on a massage table, under a tikki hut, steps away from the beach. a service like that would cost more in Hawaii. The massage was nothing special (no technique) but was relaxing hearing the waves and a much needed treat before my second long haul.

If you choose to have the massage indoor, it costs more.

Swimming was undesirable as some mentioned. Horses were walking in the waters and there was a long plastic pipe leading from inland into the water... makes you wonder what kind of liquids was discharged .... wish i saw all these before jumping in the water.

The beach has what the locals call "black sand" and you will find black sand all inside your bathing suit when you get home.

There were two outdoor shower but the pressure weak. Because I paid for the spa service, they allow me to use to the indoor shower.

Staff were friendly but i did not see the lady coming around much for us to order food.

There was a small playground next to a icy cold mini kiddy pool, both suited for kids 2-7+.

Swimming pool was also freezing cold.

I would take the tour to see the Giant gardens and hot springs next time.

Date of stay: August 2019