Lowest prices for your stay
US$69
Free cancellation until 30/10/21
PricelineUS$63
Booking.comUS$68
eDreamsUS$68
All reviews small hotel ocean view room rooms are clean vinaka vakalevu nadi town nice pool fiji time close to the airport vili hammocks backpackers volleyball budget taxis
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

My 4th time at Aquarius on the beach. As always all the staff and Dave the manager fantastic service they remember your name always they make your stay fantastic.The rooms are clean and restaurant food excellent also bar is good for cold beer and more. Aquarius is right on the beach.My stay was fantastic after 2 week didn't want to leave hope to return next year.Would recommend Aquarius on the beach. Like to thank all the staff and DAVE for my great holiday.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
D H, Owner at Aquarius On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2016

Many thanks for your great comments! You are of course well remembered here at Aquarius, Barry and are welcomed like a returning family member each time you come back. Dave and his team are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay again this latest trip and commented favourably on our rooms, restaurant and our bar. Our small, family-owned hotel is not for everyone, but we are happy that guests like you return again and again, year after year. It makes us satisfied to know that we're doing something right. We look forward to your next visit. Vinaka vakalevu (thank you very very much)!

Reviewed 20 August 2016

I choose this place due to the tripadvisor reviews and the pictures I saw online. When I get there I noticed things are ALOT Different. when getting to my room I had to cross over THOUSANDS of Ants on stairway. When I get into my room there is NO Phone, and Alarm Clock. 3 Tv channels and a matress that needs to be changed. After the Third day my back was killing me. You will hear street traffic at ALL HOURS, and locals in the field next to the room throw coconuts at your window.

Breakfast was good, however some mornings depending on the cook the portion sizes were different. Only ate dinner there once because the selection of food was not that great. It had had no VARIETY and had to go to other food venues to eat.

Internet was a problem, Evening time around 530 to 8pm. it went down and the computer tech on property could not fix it. From my room I could not get internet(had to go to lobby). In order to log-on to internet the front desk had to turn off and turn back on once a day to reset the wifi.
Atleast once a day when I tried to walk onto the beach Pan Handlers and "drifters" hung around the place trying to sell you stuff and want money. Cops had to be called on some.

The tour and travel desk employee on property was running a total scam for money. When it came to the tours she tried to book for me, She only wanted CASH only No credit card. When I said I didn't have cash I said I had to decline. I walked to another resort down the street and they booked it with a credit card. Upon returning and the employee saw me she said she could book and I said no thanks I already booked with visa down the street. (she wanted her kickback and commission). When needing a cab, DO NOT book through this place. walk out of property and 100 feet down the street and catch a cab that way. IT WILL BE CHEAPER.

I posted a picture from their handbook of a rule that will COST YOU MONEY. If you get caught with outside food in your room. You will be CHARGED. This place does not take into consideration that people might have certain Dietary needs. and food restrictions.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Aquariuslv
D H, Owner at Aquarius On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Thank you for your comments. Clearly it sounds as if you did not enjoy your stay from the moment you arrived, and we are sorry that you did not share the experience of most of our other guests, who clearly enjoy our hotel. You also seem to be prone to some exaggeration. Had there been "thousands" of ants that you had to cross over on your way to your room, our housekeepers would have spotted these and fixed the problem immediately. No other guest reported any ants during your stay. Our rooms no longer have alarm clocks and phones, since 99% of our guests bring their own in the form of a mobile phone. We have never had a complaint about not having an alarm clock in the past. Your room came with tea/coffee making facilities, a mini-fridge, an LED TV, and a new air conditioner. Unfortunately, Fiji only has 3 channels of television. We are a small developing country and we find most of our guests spend most of their time outside on the beach or near the pool. We have also never heard any reports of our neighbours "throwing coconuts" at our windows. Had this happened, the window would surely have shattered. You also commented on the lack of variety in our menu. We have a special menu every day, apart from the two pages of regular dishes that are available for either lunch or dinner everyday. Most of our guests find the selection fine. Special dietary needs can be discussed with our waiters/waitresses and communicated to our chefs. Your comment on our Tour Desk was discussed with the staff on duty, but they were unaware of what might have made you make your claims. Our Tour Desk clearly accepts credit cards as it is right next to our reception desk. Taxis in the hotel's area are competitive. We use a taxi operator who adheres to a set rate. We make no "cut" on their rates. Other taxis can charge you more, or possibly less if they are operating "off the books." We discourage eating in the rooms, as some guests actually try to cook meals in the coffee pot and leave a substantial mess for our housekeepers, which delays the check in of our next guests. We note that you made no complaints or even comments to our reception desk such as what you have described in your review. They said you were extremely quiet and kept to yourself throughout your stay. Again, we are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, but we're pleased that most of our guests do. Vinaka (thank you).

Reviewed 14 August 2016

I stayed at Aquarius for one night at the end of my Fiji trip after hopping in the Yasawas. I arrived last evening as the Flyer was running late and I was exhausted. My room was ready and was clean and comfortable and well appointed. I had stayed in a private room with a friend at Bamboo (next door) before going out to the islands and let me just say Aquarius was so much better. The staff are just wonderful and make you feel so at home. The restaurant and bar are excellent with a nice variety and indoor and outdoor seating. I thought breakfast was great - not your typical cold or mass cooked continental breakfast, but freshly made to order and extras very reasonably priced. I checked out at 10, but my flight was not until evening and my bags were locked up while I enjoyed the pool and beach all day and was able to have a shower and change before heading to the airport. I was treated like I was a long-time, regular guest and that my stay even more enjoyable. The location is great - you are right on the beach but even with a busy backpacker hotel next door, my room was quiet. Excellent staff, excellent value.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank tweedybird
D H, Owner at Aquarius On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2016

What a great review! Many thanks for your kind comments on our hotel. We're so pleased that you enjoyed your quiet and comfortable room and our friendly, professional staff. We're glad too that you enjoyed your complimentary breakfast. It sounds as if you stayed at one of our neighbouring establishments prior to your stay with us, so we're very happy that you were able to compare and preferred us. You also noted that our staff looked after you even after you had checked out, and ensured that you were able to shower and use the hotel facilities until your flight later in the evening. Our team is well known to make our guests feel welcome, but more importantly, to be treated like a member of the Aquarius "family." We look forward to your next visit "home". Vinaka vakalevu (thank you very much)!

Reviewed 11 August 2016

We stayed at Aquarius for one night when we returned from the Yasawa Islands and had a early flight to catch to Ono island the following morning. The location of Aquarius seems to be in a really young, hip and popular area. There are quite a few backpacker resorts around it with a real social atmosphere. Dale at the front desk was absolutely lovely and extremely helpful in getting us sorted! Such a lovely gentleman! We had an ocean view room which has a really large balcony. The room was lovely and clean with a recently renovated bathroom. The staff were very helpful and we were able to store our luggage at Aquarius as we were only allowed to take 15kgs of luggage with us on our next flight. When we returned, our luggage was safely returned to us and we decided to stay in a room for the duration of the day until our departing flight in the evening. Unfortunately there was quite a lot of noise coming from the construction site next door, so we didn't manage to get a nap in, but we had a lovely lunch at their restaurant, got showered and repacked our luggage before heading to the airport. They kindly organised a taxi for us and a great advantage was free wifi for the duration of our stay, where we had to pay $20FJD a day at our previous resort. Thank you Aquarius for being so welcoming and accommodating!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LiezlVenter1986
D H, Owner at Aquarius On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2016

Many thanks for your great comments. We're so pleased that you enjoyed our convenient and active location. As you point out, there are a number of small backpacker places in our area, giving the area a good vibe. We're glad that you felt that you were looked after well while you were here, and that you enjoyed your room, our free luggage storage and the newly renovated bathroom in your room. Our apologies about the construction going on down the road, but there is nothing we can do about it. The noisy part of the construction should be completed soon. And any noise is only during the day, not early morning or night time. We look forward to your next visit to our beautiful islands. Vinaka vakalevu (thank you very much)!

Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

I understand the term Fiji time, but I'd booked in with bliss to get a pedicure and manicure before I went out for my birthday. Got there at 1500 as arranged and she was still massaging someone. No worries, I'll just wait, she saw me waiting so I thought she must be close to finishing. By 1520 I went for a wander and come back at 1535... I felt rood asking but needed to know how long she was going to be. She told me she'd be done by 4. So she's obviously taken someone right over the top of my appointment. Leaving me not enough to time before my birthday meal to have my nips painted. Badly organised.

Trip type: Travelled solo
D H, Owner at Aquarius On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2016

Thank you for your comments. My apologies for the lack of organisation of the spa team. An outside company provides the spa services here at the hotel, and I have notified them of your concerns. Our hotel always tries to operate as efficiently as possible, and we appreciate your comments so that we can improve services to our guests. Vinaka vakalevu (thank you very much)