Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
oneinezfinley
Oakland, California

Budget hotel that needs work

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Mar 2018
Had booked this place because when I called they said they had wi-fi. Turns out the wi-fi only works downstairs near the front desk and restaurant/bar.

I received a room on the second floor - staff helped with luggage (thank you). Everything was fine for a one day stay so I extended to another. Upon heavy inquiries about the wi-fi, I was offered a possible solution - the room on the 1st floor near the kitchen. When he opened the door, there were roached running around in broad daylight. He admitted that there was a problem so they had been spraying. I was disappointed, and became concerned about taking home stragglers. I didn't even notice till I had come back out of the room, stragglers were now outside of the room crawling up the walls and staircase.

That same night, I came back to a huge spider and gecko that made it in between an opening in the closed windows. No screens so the traditional windows has a slight opening where small creatures came come in. This was my last night.

Water was hot for a shower, toilets flushed, bed was comfortable, and the place was mostly quiet. They could've refreshed my bath towels, I cared more that roaches were everywhere.
Date of stay: March 2018
Room Tip: Do not accept anything on the 1st floor - ask for "newer" room
Trip type: Travelled solo
    $70
    $121
3.3 km from Nadi Downtown Hotel
View more hotels in Nadi
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Avoid the hotel at all cost, these are even not honest person, I booked family room and paid in full in advance, when I arrived, I was given the last room with one small bed, I had to squeeze in by combine with a dirty sofa to fit two adult and two kids, they apologized and asked us to deal with travel agent (AMEX travel), however after I back from holiday, what they told AMEX is that is the family room which made me speechless. I didn't expect much due to all bad reviews by other traveler, though it might be ok to stay one night in downtown. Other than this, it is extremely dirty and noisy

Date of stay: September 2017
2  Thank hail0ngc
Chandar P, Manager at Nadi Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Bula and thanks for your feedback. Happy to hear from you and issues which you have addressed. The staffs at the reception gave you a room for your family which had one double bed and single bed which can sleep 2 adults and 2 children. We also assisted your family by joining the two beds so that children could sleep comfortably. Sorry we had a group of 200 people in the Hotel and were very busy but we still had your room reserved for your family. We also offered you complementary shuttle transfer to Port Denarau the next morning which you also denied. My sincere apology for the inconvenienced caused but happy to assist you better in future when you return to Fiji. Sorry you also mentioned that the room was dirty but the sofa had clean fitted sheets.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Sleep in the streets, sleep in the park. Whatever but don't stay at this place.

We were advised by the airport travel counter, Rosie Travel that this was the only hotel available. It provided free 15 minutes transfer to the hotel and return. Many guests stayed there before and so on. As we wanted to stay near the airport for an early morning flight, we took Rosie Travel advice. On arrival we were shocked but as it was late, we had no choice. After paying at the reception, we went to the room and was more than shocked. Mosquitoes everywhere, bedsheet was dirty ... you name your most shocking experience with hotels ... this place has everything ... dirty towels, no towels, broken air conditioner, broken shower ... and hot water only available until 11pm.

Well, we bite the bullet and stayed for the night. Had earlier arranged for the shuttle transfer to the airport at 6am. The next morning, you guess it right, everyone in the "hotel" claimed that the transfer was only available at 5am. And we were fleeced another FJD20/- to pay for the shuttle to come back from the airport to pick us up.

AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COST ...

Date of stay: August 2017
6  Thank Merpati88

Bula and thanks for your feedback. Just wondering did you com-lint about the room at the reception after you checked in. Were you given any alternative room and how much did you pay for your accommodation. Happy to get the feedback from you and happy to get back to you shortly.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

This hotel provided a room with sufficient clean bedding for our family of 5 to sleep the night, close enough to restaurants, and to the markets and bus station that were important for our next days travel.

The transfer from the airport was prompt and courteous. We received an email confirmation the week beforehand. This was a free service.

We did ask for a quiet room, but were placed in one of the front rooms, which did suffer somewhat from the music from the night club across the road, however it was not excessive, and we all managed a reasonable nights' sleep. Air conditioning was adequate.

I would not bother with the breakfast - it was toast and jam, a few slices of pineapple, instant coffee and weak tea. Just go to the street and get something at one of the local cafes or bakeries, which are cheap and much more varied.
Watch out for the pushy tour operator at the front office. They will try to sell you anything, even trying to talk us out of our travel plans, which turned out to be perfectly good, thank you very much.
We did not encounter bed bugs.

Room tip: Away from the street for quieter rooms.
Date of stay: April 2017
2  Thank Nick Z
Reviewed 14 April 2017

At the time of booking the facilities listed are Free Internet, Free Shuttle, Breakfast included but upon arrival at the Airport there was no one assigned to pick me up, at the hotel I was told that free internet is only available in the Bar area and for internet in the room an additional cost of $5/per hour. In the morning I was surprised to see only bread/tea/coffee as continental breakfast. Whilst I'm fully aware that this is a budget hotel and one should not expect much but a peaceful and quite environment to sleep is the least to be expected and this is not possible with a nite-club right opposite and construction noise day and night.

Room tip: Do not be fooled by online ad of Free Internet, Free Breakfast & Free Shuttle (must Tip)
Date of stay: April 2017
1  Thank aarp p
Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

Okay where do I start......
-BLOOD STAINED SHEETS!
-Leaking air conditioning units that pooled water on the floor.
-No windows in our room
-Right beside a night club = no sleep! It was so so so loud even on a Tuesday night.
-Unfriendly staff
-Only toast for breakfast and the tiniest bit of butter and it smelt like vomit.
-Not free wifi unless you pay for some average food downstairs.
-cracked floor tiles
-$50 key deposit

Please save yourself a sleepless night and don't stay here. There is cheaper places to stay and they are actually clean. Basic but clean. This was not clean! And it was so expensive for what it was. Not friendly, only one staff member was helpful and he managed to switch a room for us, the rest were grumpy and rude and pushy.

Stay somewhere else!!!!! Don't make our mistake.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank EstelleT188
Chandar P, Manager at Nadi Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Greetings from Nadi Downtown Hotel,

Firstly I like to thank you for your feedback and provided us information about our service that was offered to you by our staffs and room you had for the 1st few nights. We have investigated and have taken actions on our staffs. Our priority is your safety and making your Fiji Holiday a pleasant one.

You are most welcome to stay again with us and see the difference of our service which you have experienced in December.

Thanks and looking forward hearing from you soon.

Thanks,