Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Vicky Eastwood
Christchurch, New Zealand

Gold Experience from THE ISLANDER HOTEL

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Jul 2023
To Nana: The Islander hotel/Bar Thank you so much for helping out in a dire situation. I lost my passport with c.card and other documents inside. Alone I headed to the Police station, saying good bye to my 3 friends to carry on flying home, the station was some 5-8 km away to report it. I dragged my bag along the main road, 30 degrees, spotted the Islander, went in to take a break, and a very kind gorgy man, perhaps the manager, he asked if he could help me. I didn't think anyone could help me at this point, plane an hour and a half late. He is called Nana, instructed another gorgy young man to take me to the police station. The culture is just gorgeous, the air port staff Lynn Karati came to the airport and picked me up and stated we'll get you on that flight. Unbelievable, beautiful people. Thank you to The Islander Hotel, Nana, Lynn, Raro airport and the young man I cannot remember his name. A culture to be proud of, the island of Rarotonga is a dream.
Date of stay: June 2023
Room Tip: Amazing support they gave me, when in times of need.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Free Wifi
  • eDreams
7.8 km from The Islander Hotel
Beachfront
View with ocean to my back
  • Agoda.com
4.6 km from The Islander Hotel
Pool
The beach behind the guesthose
Go to your Happy Price
      $277
      $372
    4.2 km from The Islander Hotel
    View more hotels in Avarua
    All reviews across the road island night super fun hula airport raro atiu yum muri
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 12 July 2023

We didn't stay here but we had quite a long wait between flights from Aitutaki/to Auckland and for $10 ea suitcase this hotel - which is within walking distance to the airport - safely stored our luggage so we could go off and enjoy our last few hours on the island. After checking in our luggage we came back to the hotel and enjoyed a last - very good - coffee and cocktail in pleasant surrounds over-looking the ocean.

Date of stay: July 2023
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Rohan Ellis, Owner at The Islander Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2023

Thank you for dining with us.

Reviewed 26 April 2023

The food was nice however it was packed up and gone without making an announcement so nobody got a chance to go back for the kai we thought was really yum anyway it didn't have ika mata or seafood salad like at Crown Beach Resort I got 2 prawns but others after me missed out and these didn't get replaced it was rather a sad evening and we left disappointed even before the show started, one staff member was unpleasant when I asked for extra salad and proceeded to hand me a plate piled up with lettuce etc and said IS THAT ENOUGH?! Other wait staff were friendly attentive and helpful,HOWEVER we won't return and will share our experience with friends and family
    This was our last dinner before we fly out tomorrow but I love this Island and will return to all the other amazing places we were fortunate enough to discover on this stay...

Date of stay: April 2023
    Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for dining with us for Island Night. Our island night buffet dinner starts at 7pm and is packed up at 8.15pm to allow stage setup for the cultural show that starts at 8.30pm. Rarotonga has many places for you to dine at when you return. Kia Manuia.

Reviewed 20 March 2023

This hotel has a purpose it is for when you fly in late at night/early morning or when you are flying out. It is known for its bar and pool. We did not use either. The bed is clean and comfortable the rooms are basic but with a great shower. Hubby got a pizza and didn't think it was all that great. It is noisy as they have loud music and we had the room closest to this. Honestly, that was not a problem. We flew in very late got a few hours of sleep and moved on I would not stay long term but for the location of the airport hard to beat walking a few hundred meters.

Room tip: Great for a quick stopover
    Date of stay: February 2023
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 February 2023 via mobile

The hotel is handy to the airport and the staff are absolutely delightful and very friendly and helpful.
    The rooms are basic but spacious and comfortable
    The only down side for me is the pool being in the centre of the restaurant and no sun loungers
    The hula bar on-site is pleasant and has a great happy hour
    Internet has to be paid for separately by purchasing a voucher but this is common in the Cook Islands
    The breakfast I had was great

Room tip: Parking appeared limited but the hotel is small so most likely adequate for the number of potential guests
    Date of stay: February 2023
    Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed 14 January 2023 via mobile

We went to the Island night with my family. They throughly enjoyed getting a taste of the culture and the local food. Very entertaining and the food was very good. Better then others I have had at other island nights.
    Will definetely be back Meitaki

Date of stay: January 2023
    Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for dining at our Island Night Buffet Dinner and Cultural Show with Fire Dancers.