“Unforgettable experience”

Ojotas Peru Tours
Ranked #23 of 1,101 Tours in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Machu Picchu stands 2,430 m above sea-level, in the middle of a tropical mountain forest, in an extraordinarily beautiful setting. It was probably the most amazing urban creation of the Inca Empire at its height; its giant walls, terraces and ramps seem as if they have been cut naturally in the continuous rock escarpments.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

My friends and I hiked the inca trail in october 2017, and I have to say that it was a truly unforgettable experience. Our guide Ed clearly has a passion for his countries history, providing a vast knowledge of the area that gave us gringos a better understanding of the culture and history. Even though the trail dang near killed me (not literally of course) with all the stair climbing, as long as I have Ed as a guide, I would gladly do it all over again.

1  Thank Chris S
"company"
in 6 reviews
"trekking"

Reviewed 3 May 2018

My girlfriend and I did a two-day inca trail tour with Eder. A tour guide can make or break your experience on the Inca Trail. Therefore it is extremely important to be careful in picking your tour company and not to just merely pick the cheapest one out there. I can say with utmost confidence that Ojotas will be provide a memorable experience. Eder was extremely knowledgeable and personable. He also went out of his way to make sure the entire group got along and enjoyed one another. His attention to detail and broad knowledge on the Incas was unparalleled. And most importantly he has a great sense of humor. I can't say enough about my experience and highly recommend Ojotas!

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Eder was the best guide we could've ask for. Very knowledgable, personable, and funny. He made the whole experience that much better on the 4 day Inca Trail trek to Machu Picchu. I appreciated and enjoyed where I was even more because of the fascinating historical and environmental facts he told us. He was patient with us during the critical parts of the hike and was incredibly helpful with any questions or concerns we had. I highly recommend this trip with Eder!! I would go back and do it again every year if I could.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Such an amazing experience, 're knowledge that Eder had was unbelievable. There was not a question he could not answer. The passion for helping people enjoy and learn about his heritage made our trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 May 2018

I did the 4 day trek to Machu Picchu in March with some friends. I was really nervous about how difficult the hike would be, but Eder broke it into small, easy parts (with lots of snacks in between). He also spent the entire 4 days cracking jokes and making everyone laugh, which really makes the time go by. My favorite parts of the hike were when we stopped so Eder could point out some historical part of the trail or a flower or plant, and tell us its significance to the Incas. Would 100% recommend to everyone! It is a very accessible hike, not too hard at all, and a ton of fun.