“Felt Like Home”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Dining Area
One of 3 Atriums
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Kimberly...
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Felt Like Home”
Reviewed 30 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

This apartment has everything you need for a nice long stay in Cuenca. Regina is very knowledgable about the city and all of the happenings around town, and she can give you an inside perspective if you are considering moving to Ecuador, The apartment is centrally located to the center of downtown Cuenca with lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance. We suggest talking with Regina regarding some of the free things to do around Cuenca, like the symphony. It was amazing!

Thank you Regina for making our experience in Cuenca so comfortable. We can't wait to visit again next year.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The closeness to everything.
Liked least: How cold it gets at night, but that's no ones fault.
Older travelers
RevJ50
Amarillo, Texas
“The only place to stay in Cuenca”
Reviewed 23 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Look no further for accommodations in Cuenca! The online photos do not adequately depict this lovely, spacious apartment. There is ample room and the furnishings are comfortable and quite nice. Much of the artwork and decorative accessories are made by local artists. The absolute best thing about the apartment is the owner. She knows Cuenca well and is generous in sharing her knowledge and time to help renters know where to go and how to get around. The location is ideal, near shops and restaurants and within easy walking distance to town center. For anyone considering a stay in Cuenca, this is the place!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Shizzer
Tokai, Japan
“Ideal stay in Cuenca”
Reviewed 21 November 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

I like to write balanced reviews, but this time I cannot. I simply can't find fault with anything. Oh, OK. The washing machine broke down. But Regina had the repairman out the next day! And when I suggested that a hot water pot for tea might be useful, she delivered one the same day.

I also like to mention where a property has been misrepresented in an ad. This one tells us the apartment is 1500 square feet. That's the biggest 1500 square feet I've ever seen. I'd say closer to 1800. Anyway, the apartment was very spacious and comfortable, and the kitchen well equipped. Plenty of room for drop-ins from the States and plenty of beds, bedding, and towels, too.

As it happened, I booked on a friend's recommendation, and didn't even know this property was available through FlipKey. It really was perfect in every way. Regina met me at the airport and provided the basics, so I could have brekky the next morning. And she continued to help and to educate during the entire stay. Gave us great recommendations for staying outside Cuenca, eating and other activities. Even outsourced advice and guidebooks from friends, when she couldn't give us what we needed! I copied all the guidebook pages I would need for Colombia for a couple bucks. [BTW, did you know that photo copies are 2¢ in Cuenca, 1¢ if you shop around. I made 4 passport copies and couldn't believe my ears when the woman said "Ocho centavos." When I froze up in confusion, she said "Ocho de las monedas pequeñas," and I burst out laughing, both at the price and at her explanation.]

Safe, easy walk to everything, taxis available at the corner, a couple bucks and a few minutes to/from the airport, on a quiet street with quiet neighbors. So great, I booked next year's stay 11 months in advance!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: What I liked best was the trouble-free arrival and the trouble free stay, overall. And the willingness of the owner to address the slightest short-coming.
Older travelers
Suziebug9...
Cuenca, Ecuador
“Just Perfect”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

We had the privilege of being able to rent this apartment from May 31st through July 21st of this year. The apartment is huge and plenty of room for everyone. The pics don't do it justice. We had everything we needed right at our fingertips.

We were in perfect walking distance (under 10 minutes) from Parque Calderon and would walk there several times a day as well as restaurants, shops, markets, medical facilities, etc. I always felt safe walking home in the evenings as the street lights are bright. :-)

Regina is the best landlord ever. When we had a question or request, she handled it promptly. She is so knowledgeable on every subject and all recommendations were highly appreciated. We felt as if we were treated "special", and yet I'm sure Regina treats all her guests the same way.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Proximity to El Centro
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
MNWildRos...
Winona
“I Can't Imagine a Better Home Base for an Amazing Stay in Cuenca!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

We felt so at home and comfortable in our Cuenca apartment! It's in a perfect location, about 6 blocks from Parque Calderon, the "heart" of the city. But, since it's at the end of the street, it is absolutely quiet and peaceful in the evening. The area seemed very safe, with excellent street lighting at night. And I can't say enough about how much we love the city of Cuenca!

Regina was the perfect hostess. She is an amazing resource, who did so much for us to make our visit as enjoyable and meaningful as possible. She has a great connection with both expats and local Cuencanos and went out of her way to help us with all questions that we could think to ask.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The friendship and help of the hostess; the location
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing