All reviews juice plenty of water pressure wonderful place to relax small kitchenette beautiful garden converted mansion laundry service colonial charm other guests upper floor included breakfast is late at night parque calderon each morning courtyard hostel noise
Reviewed 12 January 2018

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 6 weeks and loved every second of it. The staff is very friendly and do everything they can to cater to your needs. Our room had all the amenities you would expect at a first-class hotel. There is also a beautiful courtyard to hang out and have drinks in...very relaxing!
The building itself has beautiful architecture and staying there is a truly special experience. We felt very safe and did not have a single issue.

The owners Steve and Jenny are very gracious hosts and did everything possible to make sure we enjoyed our stay. Cant wait to be back!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josh Y
Jenny V, General Manager at Hostal Macondo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Thanks a lot we hope have you back soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

This place is special. It feels like you are entering another world once you are inside. The decorations and gardens are welcoming, and my room had a cabin feeling to it. The staff was very friendly and were kind to speak English. On the edge of the downtown area and a quick walk from most places. I would recommend this place to almost anyone.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank idoltraveller
Steven W, Owner at Hostal Macondo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Best wishes for the New Year.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

I am presently in my second night of a 4 nights’ booking and have just discovered that my camera, extra zoom lens, charger and extra battery were stolen from my rucksack in my locked room. They are large bulky items and they were semi hidden under my traveling pillow one needs time to do this and to leave with such a load unseen.
Someone in this otherwise very nice hotel is a thief.
This was the end of a month holiday and of course I am mostly upset about the loss of my photos.

Stayed: December 2017
Steven W, Owner at Hostal Macondo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2017

We are investigating this unfortunate situation. It seems that the suspect had fled the hotel before you reported your loss. The police are involved and we hope for a solution.
I’m very sorry about the loss of your camera.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I stayed at this Hostal for several nights on a recent business trip to Cuenca. The staff at the front desk were gracious and welcoming, all with enough command of English to assist with any needs that I had, including directions to various places I needed to get to in the city. My room was well furnished with twin beds and a table and chairs comfortable for two people to work or dine at. The room had an attached bathroom with shower along with a small kitchenette where simple meals could be easily prepared. Rooms were available on the ground and upper floor, but there is no elevator so guests for whom stairs might be an issue should ask for a ground floor room. My room was on the upper floor (#7). Breakfast was included with eggs cooked to order and fresh local breads and freshly squeezed juice available each morning. Laundry service was available at a very modest cost and was done daily and delivered to my room in perfect order. In the middle of the facility was a lovely small inner garden with chairs and tables where one could enjoy the sun in a quiet and relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank joan1234567890
Jenny V, Manager at Hostal Macondo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear, Joan1234567890

We are so excited to hear about you.Thank you for all your flattering words. It was a big pleasure to give you a great time with us
Hoping you are doing so well and come back soon. Regards.

Have a very nice day.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

My wife and I just returned from a seven week Ecuador trip with three of those weeks in Cuenca where we stayed at Hostal Macondo. Finding this clean, comfortable and quiet hotel only six blocks from Parque Calderon (the center of Cuenca) was a stroke of good fortune. Starting with owners Steve and Jenny, the Macondo staff is very friendly, helpful and efficient. The beautiful and immaculately maintained courtyard is a wonderful place to relax with a glass (or two) of wine after a day exploring the city. We look forward to returning to Cuenca and the Hostal Macondo.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Steven W, Owner at Hostal Macondo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Thank you so much for your visit. Your many kindnesses (and mystical garden exercises) brought a calm upon us all. We hope to see you again very soon.

Best wishes.