Hotels.com
gazmitch256
Napier, New Zealand

Only a 1-day stopover but it was perfect.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Sept 2016
Very easy to access by bus from airport. Charming old building,very clean & comfortable with great staff & excellent breakfast.Brilliant location with heaps to see & do within walking distance. Sure it's not 5-star but it is great value & highly recommended.
Date of stay: July 2016
Room Tip: Road front rooms a bit noisier.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Ricardo E, Gerente at Happy House Hostel, responded to this review
Responded 5 Sept 2016
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to have received your great feedback. We also appreciate the time you have taken to write your comment and we look forward to seeing you again. We wish you the best and we will be waiting for your next visit.

$168
  • Mercure
    $151
1.6 km from Happy House Hostel
View more hotels in Santiago
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2016

This hostel is a great place to stay and explore the neighboring district, Barrio Brazil. There is a good selection of restaurants and bars nearby, and it is about a 10-minute walk to sights in the center of Santiago. Plus, the hostel is close to the bus and metro station Los Heroes. 5/5 stars!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Ricardo E, Gerente at Happy House Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Dear Andi,

We are very happy to have received your 5/5 stars feedback :) We also appreciate the time you have taken to write your comment and we look forward to seeing you again. We wish you the best and we will be waiting for your next visit.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

A very clean hostel with an amazing breakfast and very attentive and helpful staff. The wi-fi was reasonable and allowed for basic tasks, and the corridors (and rooms) were quiet. Due to time constrictions, couldn't use bathing facilities, so no feedback about that.

Room tip: been in a 6-bed room, which was astonishingly clean, so the single rooms must be suite-like
Date of stay: August 2016

Dear Henrique,

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

We only stayed in Santiago for two nights, but the Happy House hostel was a great find. Rooms are set in a old mansion house that has great character. The hostel has a great outdoors seating area (I went out to enjoy the winter sun) and a pool.

The included breakfast is great - especially the scrambled eggs. Staff are friendly and helpful in giving suggestions about the city. We would stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ricardo E, Gerente at Happy House Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Dear Guest,

We are very happy to have received your great feedback. We are also happy to know you had a great time during your stay and we hope to host you in the near future again. We wish you the best :)

Reviewed 28 July 2016

I stayed at the Happy House Hostel in May. It's located in the student district, walking distance to shops, restaurants and the metro. The hostel itself is a beautiful old mansion with super high ceilings, hard wood floors and lots of windows. Furthermore, the interior design is amazing. I didn't realize Chile was known for design, but I was impressed with this place as well as many others.

The outside area had loads of seating, a bar, a pool and washrooms. I found a nook by the washrooms to play my ukulele one night and a balcony another night. The staff are super nice and so helpful. I don't know a lot of Spanish and was nervous about booking my airport transfer. One of the staff members took the time to help me- very appreciated.

Happy house has 24 hour concierge, laundry facilities, internet, and breakfast every morning.

My only suggestion is a cork screw for wine!! I had to use a knife one night and another night had my wine opened at the store- lol!

Also make sure you lock your door! A French high school group came to stay and at least 3 of them opened my door, said sorry and closed it again- too funny!

I hope to be back next summer to ski in Chile and I will definitely stay at the Happy House hostel.

Room tip: I stayed in two private rooms - both lovely.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Ricardo E, Gerente at Happy House Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Dear Hayley,

Thanks a lot for your impressive and detailed review. It was great to have you hosted here. We also appreciate the time you have taken to write your comment and we look forward to seeing you again next summer (winter for us).

We wish you the best and see you soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2016

The staff who work at this hostel are very helpful and accommodating. I found the amenities very clean and quite modern (while having a cool old vibe). I stayed at this place twice- at the beginning and the end of my trip. My first stay was excellent. I did not enjoy my second stay. The room faced the main road and was unreasonably loud, even with ear plugs. If you are a light sleeper I might request a room away from the main road!
I would definitely stay here again though!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Ricardo E, Gerente at Happy House Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2016

Dear Shewaga,

Thanks a lot for your review. We really appreciate the time you have taken to write your comment and we look forward to seeing you again. We wish you the best and we will be waiting for your next visit.