Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
81Mussels
London, United Kingdom

Great hostel in an exciting city

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Aug 2016via mobile
We only stayed in Santiago for two nights, but the Happy House hostel was a great find. Rooms are set in a old mansion house that has great character. The hostel has a great outdoors seating area (I went out to enjoy the winter sun) and a pool.

The included breakfast is great - especially the scrambled eggs. Staff are friendly and helpful in giving suggestions about the city. We would stay here again.
Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ricardo E, Gerente at Happy House Hostel, responded to this review
Responded 18 Aug 2016
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to have received your great feedback. We are also happy to know you had a great time during your stay and we hope to host you in the near future again. We wish you the best :)

$91
    $82
2.7 km from Happy House Hostel
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Santiago
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 July 2016

I stayed at the Happy House Hostel in May. It's located in the student district, walking distance to shops, restaurants and the metro. The hostel itself is a beautiful old mansion with super high ceilings, hard wood floors and lots of windows. Furthermore, the interior design is amazing. I didn't realize Chile was known for design, but I was impressed with this place as well as many others.

The outside area had loads of seating, a bar, a pool and washrooms. I found a nook by the washrooms to play my ukulele one night and a balcony another night. The staff are super nice and so helpful. I don't know a lot of Spanish and was nervous about booking my airport transfer. One of the staff members took the time to help me- very appreciated.

Happy house has 24 hour concierge, laundry facilities, internet, and breakfast every morning.

My only suggestion is a cork screw for wine!! I had to use a knife one night and another night had my wine opened at the store- lol!

Also make sure you lock your door! A French high school group came to stay and at least 3 of them opened my door, said sorry and closed it again- too funny!

I hope to be back next summer to ski in Chile and I will definitely stay at the Happy House hostel.

Room tip: I stayed in two private rooms - both lovely.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Ricardo E, Gerente at Happy House Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Dear Hayley,

Thanks a lot for your impressive and detailed review. It was great to have you hosted here. We also appreciate the time you have taken to write your comment and we look forward to seeing you again next summer (winter for us).

We wish you the best and see you soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2016

The staff who work at this hostel are very helpful and accommodating. I found the amenities very clean and quite modern (while having a cool old vibe). I stayed at this place twice- at the beginning and the end of my trip. My first stay was excellent. I did not enjoy my second stay. The room faced the main road and was unreasonably loud, even with ear plugs. If you are a light sleeper I might request a room away from the main road!
I would definitely stay here again though!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Ricardo E, Gerente at Happy House Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2016

Dear Shewaga,

Thanks a lot for your review. We really appreciate the time you have taken to write your comment and we look forward to seeing you again. We wish you the best and we will be waiting for your next visit.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for a week, and had a good experience, the staff was friendly, and spoke some English. There is a pool area , and pool table(not in the best shape, but), and ping pong, lots of space to chill, and free internet. But I really appreciated the staff when I had a a bunch of friends over for a going away bbq/party, in the common area with the pool and all. They were very cool about it.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Ricardo E, Gerente at Happy House Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Dear Jesse,

Thanks a lot for your great your feedback. We also appreciate the time you have taken to write your comment and we look forward to seeing you again. We wish you the best and we will be waiting for your next visit.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

We stayed at the Happy House for a week while building with Habitat for Humanity. The staff were wonderful and helpful and the rooms were very cute and clean. Great experience. Breakfast daily, free wi-if, and lots of events through the hostel. Also a great place to make new friends!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Ricardo E, Gerente at Happy House Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

Dear LFS,

It´s always a pleasure for us to have you here. We are very happy to have received your great feedback and hopefully we can se eachother again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

It was great. It was very quiet. Rambling authentic building with good services and amenities. Good breakfast and friendly staff. Front desk staff helped me a lot with some IT problems. And then the airport bus was only a block away and a few blocks into the cbd. I'll stay there again.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Ricardo E, Gerente at Happy House Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

Dear Rodney,

We are very happy to have received your great feedback. We also appreciate the time you have taken to write your comment and we look forward to seeing you again. We wish you the best and we will be waiting for your next visit.